Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Frost Seed - Video  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Here's a video we out together last week about what we are doing NOW in our woods.

http://youtu.be/JkHPKBKQ5G0

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope to get up to the land in a few weeks and start to plant some new plots.
They will take a lot of maintenance - as we haven't had actual food plots up there for a few years now.

Tim, I was thinking of planting something in a 'thinly wooded area', there are trees about every 20ft, and spread out - Any insight on what would be the best to plant in there?!  Its not a plot, more of a 'clearing' with a couple trees sprinkled in.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

Tomorrow morning i'm headed out for the first hunt of the season on this food plot.

My hunting partner put a camera out and got some great shots. The turkeys are coming in and we also have some deer using the plot as well. We have germination and the plot will supply some good food and draw some deer in until we till it in June.

Here's a few pics from the plot!

Check out this tom! He's a big one.

And here's a few more...

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Put clover and rape down on April 10th. We've had some cold weather but finally starting to see some germination! Its coming up everywhere! Success  :happy1:

Here's a pic:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Planted April 10th.... Things are looking good! Just mowed it a couple days ago. Success! Gotta love a frost seed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Did you ever get a turkey off of that plot?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Did you ever get a turkey off of that plot?

I went one morning and was 15 minutes late... They were already gobbling in the plot!!  :doah:

That was the only time I went. I am just not motivated to kill a turkey. Couldn't wake up to get out there.