Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Deer  (Read 1484 times)

Offline whiteoakbuck

• Master Outdoorsman
Well now that all the snow is gone I've been seeing a lot more deer on the drive to work and they are starting to show back up on the trail cameras. The heard looks pretty good I don't think the winter was to bad on the local heard so it will be interesting to see what's in store for the upcoming bow season I've caught wind of the chance of only one extra tag or bucks only in most zones but only time will tell what the DNR will decide to do so how is everyones heard looking? are you starting to see more deer out and about with the snow gone? what are your thoughts on the up coming season?  :scratch:
Hunting is not life and death. It is more important than that.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nor sure what to think. although I have seen more deer especially up in northern Minnesota then I expected to.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Like I previously posted, I found two winter kill fawns on my property.  No adult deer which is good.  Keeping fingers crossed for a good fawn crop. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I've put some miles on and only have found one winter kill!

Very surprised but happy with what I'm seeing.  :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Seeing more deer in the feilds as of late, been in my river bottom and have seen any winter kill, gona put up some cams soon, have one over my bear site to see what comes sniffing thru to get an idea of whats around,
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
We ran a cam over a food plot to see how often the turkeys were coming and its good to see the deer are hitting it hard as well!

Very exciting.

« Last Edit: May 05/01/14, 10:38:43 AM by MNO »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I counted 8 deer in the hay field this morning while turkey hunting. They looked a little thin, but grazing hard.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
that's a neat picture MNO!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!