Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: First week of July  (Read 1539 times)

Offline walle1

• Outdoorsman
  • Walleye guide Leech Lake
    • Leech Lake Guide service
This last week’s walleye fishing has been pretty good. I have fished the last 6 days straight and started out the week jigging the last remaining shiners with good results. However with no decent minnows available I have had to rig leeches and crawlers the rest of the week but the results have been the same. South winds the last few days have been great for the areas I have been fishing. Off shore flats have had good numbers of walleyes, you just have to find the first one then focus on that area. I have seen limits for clients every day but one or two and even then we were just a fish or two shy. The mix of size is also impressive, lots of slot fish and plenty of nice keepers. Im even seeing some up and coming size fish so the system looks healthy. It’s going to be a great summer for walleye fishing.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tom Wilson
Leech Lake Guide
tdwilson@paulbunyan.net
Fishing Leech for 30 years

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Thanks for the report!  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!