Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: White spinner crawler harness  (Read 6228 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I've been looking all over lately to find these and none to be found.  I can't even find them on lindy's website.  My supply is running low and it is my favorite color to use.  Anyone know a store that has them?
« Last Edit: July 07/14/14, 08:46:14 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Why not make your own? White beads are easy to find.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I prefer to just buy them but may end up having to make them.  I believe they have red beads though.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  Are looking for harnesses with a white blade?  I see now the rage is the foil multi color blades.  I can get white blades if you need some.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
  Are looking for harnesses with a white blade?  I see now the rage is the foil multi color blades.  I can get white blades if you need some.

Yeah DDS just a plain white glow in the dark blade.  However I choose to use my time in other ways and would rather just by them already made.  Every bait shop I used to go into had them and the last sale I think I bought 20 of them.  Noticed I was down to 0 when I broke one the other day  :doah:.  I was even looking for a single hook one and noticed I was out of them.   :doah: :doah:  Now for the past 2 weeks every time I drive by a local bait shop, Fleet Farm, etc. I check and it's like they don't even make them any more.  Would you care to make some cash?  I know a date and time I could pay you and pick them up ;)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Do you want both double and single hook?  Any preference on bead color?   I usually make mine with about 3ft long out of Flourocarbon 8-10lbs. with a loop knot.  I can add a swivel if you would prefer that.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Wow man Thanks!!!

10 Single and 10 Double would work if you have time.  Red beads.  No swivel as I usually use them on a bottom bouncer that already has the swivel.  Could you make them about 4 ft long?  Let me know what I owe you.  Thanks

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hey id likenin on that action double d. If ya dont mind? Hammered gold if ya got em. Can ya make the crawlers floaters? Ten of each also. If it works for you.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey id likenin on that action double d. If ya dont mind? Hammered gold if ya got em. Can ya make the crawlers floaters? Ten of each also. If it works for you.

I can get pretty much any blade.  The floaters are not a problem but you need to pick the colors you would like the floats.  I have a pretty wide variety.  I am putting an order in tomorrow morning so let me know about the floats.  I will order them at the same time if I don't have the right colors.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
pink floats will work fine. Thanks
78.50"

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Its worth the time to tie'em up yourself,little insight here...

This time of year with the water temps ranging from the mid 60's to low 70's inline spinners are a great tool and allows the angler to cover more water than rigging with trolling speeds ranging from 1-1.5mph.

With that said most clear water lakes such as mille lacs,leech,winni etc color of choice will be the perch pattern using larger glass beads,yellow,red,orange,maybe add a charturse,also use a small clevis for the blade,#3 for slow trolling,#5 for speed trolling,hammered gold or silver is good for starters but don't shy away from bright colors for low light conditions,also I suggest doing 3 hooks for crawlers and a #12 swivel to attach the mainline,snells ideally should be any where from 7'  to 12'  if fishing on or off deep structure,doing so keeps the bait rig away from the sinker or bouncer which can spook fish if dragging soft bottom such as the flats.

Line choice should be 8-12lb mono,tri-XT works in my boat.(clear or greeen)

Justa few thoughts~

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  If using a 7-12 ft. snell you better have a long rod, a long handled net and a long boat with a buddy to land the fish for you.  I don't doubt that it would be effective but landing a fish with a 7-12 ft snell with a bouncer would be a challenge for a solo angler.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I fish LOW prtty stained water BBncers dont bother them. Hqmmerd gold is a solid bet. Melds good with the stained water. Scott it works let me know what ya need for them
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 Blades were order today.   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Of course we use longer rods speed trolling spinners,8'ers,actually we use "dipsey" rods,same rods we use on lake Erie pulling planner boardssome guyz use longer rods,9-10'ers,and yes,it helps to have a partner along but it can be done alone,you'll figure it out...Today we have an assortment of adjustable lake net handles for issues such as this.

Boar,how do you know? you might be missing more than you think,but hey as long as your catching a few its all good.
« Last Edit: July 07/17/14, 03:52:44 PM by snow1 »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  General and Boar, it's not looking good right now.  I ordered the blades early last week.  Usually I get an email two days later saying that my order has been shipped.  I get it the next day.  It's monday night and no word yet.  If I get them by Thurs.  the General will be good to go because  I can put them together at Stokes.  Boar you will have to wait until I get back.  I have lots of spinners put together that will work great on Rainy.  I just don't know if the I will have the white blades in time.   :sorry:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Thats fine no real hury for mine.
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Getting worse.  No email and if I don't get the delivery  tomorrow or on Thurs there will be no white blades.  :doah:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
What about hammerngolds i rquested
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
What about hammerngolds i rquested

Hammered gold blades were in the order as well.  I wouldn't be able to do yours until I get back though.  I may run up to Thorne Bros. to see if they have some  white ones for the general.   I have to get a rod tip anyways.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Stopped at Thorne Bros.  Picked up blades for the Generals spinner rigs.  It sure is cheaper to buy them in bulk.  Oh well.  I want Borgies partner to at least have a chance.   The General is lucky.  I planned on making his rigs just like lindy does with the same hooks.  Those hooks are also not here yet so he is going to get the DDS special hook harness.    They are different but I guarantee even the General will catch more fish than his boat partners.   :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well i guess catching 50 walleyes a day is better then 49.  Thanks man.  I won't be using these to upgrade anything.  Borgie is taking care of that.   I'll use these just to catch a few to eat.   I'll using something else for the pike.
« Last Edit: July 07/23/14, 04:54:34 PM by The General »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:    See  ya on the beach.   :ustroops:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats fine no real hury for mine.

I should be able to send these out at the end of the week.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cool whats the tab?
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
DDS did an excellent job on the ones he made for me.  Thank you again.