Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2015 spring snow goose~  (Read 3074 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well guyz,just when we're about to head out and whack some waterfowl in a few days,someone brings up the spring snow goose season,well for good reason,you see I've been involved in this spring conservation order from the beginning 15 years agoeven tho we really haven't made a dent in our north American snow goose population (5million + strong) we are seeing more and more folks joining the hunt,with that said last winter we had some chatter here on MNO,"where to hunt" "what guides to use"etc

Well,this spring the reports from USFW I've read ,it was a banner snow goose hatch spring,best in many years so this is the year/time to book a hunt...NOW~

Acouple outfitters I know with great customer satisfaction and following have openings now! By the time dec/jan rolls around and all have cabin fever the chatter will start up again,so "do-it" now,missouri the hunt starts in march,sodak late march through april.

FYI

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Do you know any outfitters in Nodak?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
HD,

If this would be your 1st spring hunt I suggest you try Mo,Neb or SoDak,for a couple reason,1st...Not as much sheet water,lots of clay on nodak,2nd as the birds move south they're not pounded as much or decoy shy as they migrate,better opprotunities for large kill #'s,but yeah I know outfitters that travel with the migration,some start in texas in January and end up in Canada by may.
« Last Edit: August 08/11/14, 09:58:55 AM by snow1 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nope, not my first rodeo...

I was thinking more along the lines of a fall hunt. I used to go to NoDak on a regular hunt, but have since lost my connections. I also no longer have my decoys from past years either. Long story short....my son has seen the videos I took in past years, and wants to do the same type of trip.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Nodak has changed the past 25 years a lot, Snows now mainly stage in Sask seems like the fall hunts are later and later or non existent.   If a big cold front comes down that freezes sask solid they come into Nodak, usually in Late Oct or early Nov during deer season.  If the cold front does the same to Nodak they just flyover us all in one night!  2 years ago there was a great build up in ND the last week of Oct that last 10 days or so.  I don't personally know anyone that guides for snows in ND.  But have gotten a few friends from MN into them if they come down.  PM me next Oct if you want to know where they are in ND.  A gal that works for me Dad came over from Marshall 2 years ago and had a great hunt with Black decoys and mallard decs when they all blew in for the 10 days.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Driving to Leech for the weekend.  There are a LOT of snow geese in central ND.  From Steele to Valley City.  Go get em!