Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre SD area for August 18th thru August 22nd  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Fishing on Sharpe around Pierre has gotten tougher many days. West Bend is still going with limits common but both places have a lot of smaller fish now and with the 1st of Sept approaching (limit size back to 15 inches on walleye) it will be harder to come in with good catches until the fall bite gets going. Oahe right now probably is a better choice especially after the 1st as size restrictions do not apply on the smaller fish. I along with around 27 other guides have been guiding the CVA group for the Outpost Lodge for two groups of around 75 people. Many guide's fished on Oahe and many on Sharpe. I spent one day at West Bend and two days on the river around Pierre and managed to get limits every day but it was much easier at West Bend. In between the two groups I guided Don Kaelber and Mary Ann from Rapid City to limits of fish on Sharpe but all three days I spent around Pierre were harder fishing. I have been catching the fish on Sharpe on either Bouncer /Gulp or spinner/crawler rigs in around 10 fow. On Oahe most of the guides were getting fish around 17 to 30 fow however there were some bigger weights coming in on lead core line/plug fishing. All in all I think the CVA group are having a great time and it is always good to see them here every year. This company makes a lot of guides, employee's, and customers happy every year including Les Wolfe the owner of the Outpost Lodge. Thank you Central Valley Ag. for the trips.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch