Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Safety Harness  (Read 1798 times)

Offline whiteoakbuck

• Master Outdoorsman
what kind of safety harness do you guys use? and why?
Hunting is not life and death. It is more important than that.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Dont remember the brand but mine are a vest very easy to get into...the strap ones are all a pain.  I know 3 guys that have fallen out of tree stands wont go in one without a harness now.  Two of those broke their backs one never hunted again!
I require anyone hunting on my land if not in one of my box stands to wear them also..

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I use the strap kind, cause it came with the stand. And, cause I´m poor.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Tree saddle.  scared of high places and I break.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I use a hunter safty harness. The vest style. Primarily in hang on stands and in single ladder stands.. I picked two up at wally world on clearence from 100 to 25 bucks. Ive almost broke my neck falling from a  hieght of six feet from a wooden home made ladder. Landed on my side and my neck snapped whiplash style  and heard sound that makes me cringe to this day. My neck made a sound like someone broke a branch off right next to my ear. Not a twig but a branch. Cant believe how luck y i am to be walking... actualy alive.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I use a hunter safty harness. The vest style. Primarily in hang on stands and in single ladder stands.. I picked two up at wally world on clearence from 100 to 25 bucks. Ive almost broke my neck falling from a  hieght of six feet from a wooden home made ladder. Landed on my side and my neck snapped whiplash style  and heard sound that makes me cringe to this day. My neck made a sound like someone broke a branch off right next to my ear. Not a twig but a branch. Cant believe how luck y i am to be walking... actualy alive.
now that explains a whole lot. :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:seriously, glad it turned out OK.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
i use a big game treestands harness. it has 2 chest buckles and each leg has a metal buckle. i got them on sale at menards 2 years ago for like $30 a piece. looking online now they run around $60. i bought 3 of them and had to get more from another store.

we put the harness on when we get dressed and then use a climbing rope tied with 2 loops around the tree so we just clip in silently when we get up there.

have a friend who lost the use of his legs from a treestand fall,  a cousin who ended up dangling in a tree rather than a 15' below (fell asleep(with a strap)) and another that fell only a short distance and was lucky.

anyone that doesnt use a safety HARNESS these days is rolling the dice.
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!