Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: pellet grill  (Read 4741 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
 I'm telling you guys if you don't have one of these put it on the wish list.  Smoked a brisket for 13 hours this past weekend and you could almost cut it with a fork.  We did a turkey for 8 hours and it was so moist it was hard not to leave a stain on the front of your shirt.  The ribs were fantastic and the best part is how easy it is to use.  Put in some pellets, set the temp, spritz things down every hour, drink beer, watch kids play.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/03/14, 08:27:41 AM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
What's the price range for a decent one without going overboard if you get my drift. Sure looks good :happy1:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Menards had them on sale for $399.  Pitboss I believe was the brand.  It looked exactly like mine which is a Teton NWTF model which list for $899.  I purchased mine from a guy at a NWTF banquet for $250 since he already had 2 or 3.  Trager is one, if not thee top selling brand.  I buddy of mine just bought a green mountain off craigslist for $500.  You can go on the Trager or Green mountain website and they have recipes with easy step by step instructions.  From cooking lobster, pies, cookies, pizza, burgers, steaks, ribs, brisket.........the list is endless. 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Dont forget Louisiana grills (same type)  I think Cabelas stocks them.  My icefishing buddys in Manitoba make them..(Hutterites)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dont forget Louisiana grills (same type)  I think Cabelas stocks them.  My icefishing buddys in Manitoba make them..(Hutterites)

Yeah sorry I forgot that one.  I believe they also have their own line of wood pellets.  So far I've used a competition blend, Hickory, and Apple.  I have yet to try Mesquite, which I hear is what you should use for beef.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Thank god u didnt get the one we make, pellet grills are awsome. Iveused them and just love programing 180 degresse and walk away good for  u G. Im looking at a treager myself unless i can find a similar one thats compariable
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
After one summer now the pellet grill is the only way to grill. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
how spendy are these pellets??? I friend of ours at the campground bought some kind of pellet grill/smoker a while back from teds RV in Paynesville. heard the pellets a bit spendy.

are you guys also referring to this green egg thingy also???????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Pellets are about $20 for a 40 pound bag.  They last quite a long time.

No not the green egg.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Myron mixon or somethig outs his name on one, there are several companys out the that make them glenn but treager is pretty top end. We make here but were stupid. So dont buy one from us. I have and old stainless upright freezzerni convertd to a smoker and i use pellets rather than chip. Seems i get better smoke from pellets than chips.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Traeger is a big name but I'd say they are priced at the top but not top end.  Very good grill though.  Kind of like John Deere you pay a premium but many other brands that are just as good if not better at a lower price. 
« Last Edit: October 10/30/14, 08:44:02 PM by The General »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

Yeah sorry I forgot that one.  I believe they also have their own line of wood pellets.  So far I've used a competition blend, Hickory, and Apple.  I have yet to try Mesquite, which I hear is what you should use for beef.
Get the mesquite you'll like it on beef for bacon its to strong I tried my last bacon with it.I lived in the southwest and used lots of it there in logs split.Down there BBQ Joints advertise mesquite only used.They draw a big crowd!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine