Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: attacked by a 525 pound bear  (Read 2821 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
What an amazing story! That bear sounds massive.
Is that about as big as a bear will get here in the midwest?
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
525 is a very large bear.  They get bigger, but not to many get that big.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Yeah that is an amazing story.  I did miss the part of the story where friend runs in to help and shoots the bear with his side arm. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline nontypicalhunter

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Amazing, glad he survived. This is a prime example of why the bottom half of page 30 and the top half of page 31 in the regs needs to be torn out and burned. I want to see the genius who thought up that law go and track any wounded animal in the dark without a weapon.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I agree. Crasy story. Ive had bear pushing ovr five on my sites befor and regardless of size i dont track with any but a 12 gauge with 00 buckshot and five shell in it. Ive came across one of my bear i shot with a cross bow......facing my way. He had turned aroun d and was was waiting for befor he died.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Bad discision making or maybe some beer talking with friends around a campfire,looking for an arrowed bear in the middle of the night,then bumping the bear in the alder swamp...not good,at that point they knew the bear was alive,wounded and pissed off,but sadly its was to late for'em,damn lucky he is alive,and what about his friend? standing 10' away frozen in his tracks with just a knife as his buddy was getting chewed up~ he'll never forget that night,neither one will.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah I posted this on another site>>

OH Man another story that will turn the black bear into the big bad wolf that ate granny.

From the start they did a major wrong by tracking a wounded bear in the dark!! From there I lost all respect for them as hunters! Braggerts maybe not real wise hunters!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline wile e coyote

• Outdoorsman
Guess he should have had permit to carry, then he could have had a handgun with him. Seems like a few of you boys are scared of looking for critters in the dark.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
nuthing wrong with backing out on a bear thats wounded. its the smart thing to do. it dont take long to figure out if a bear is wounded.  color of blood ect.. and how far he's going. Best thing a guy can do when have shot a bear is to wait, calm yourself, listen, and let the adrenaline factor demish, go over the shot,, review video if you have some, and make a plan. stick with it and dont second guesse it. Adrenaline causes alot of bad decisions and fueld by other pumped up partners can lead to what they encountered. its apparent they were over confident in their abilities.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"