Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are you hunting this season?  (Read 9909 times)

Offline wile e coyote

• Outdoorsman
man Wiley.........why all the hatein!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

No haten' here, just being 100% honest. See no need to sugarcoat things for people.

I'm Wile E Coyote and remember... Haters are gonna' hate!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Please keep this on topic and refrain from personal bashing.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
P.S. To answer dakids question, I hunt in the Northern half for MN. I don't give out much info about where I hunt, people like whiteoakbuck tend to steal those spots. No respect for the guys who put in the hard work scouting only to have their stand stolen because it's "public" land!

I'm Wile E Coyote, and yes, I found Waldo!

I'm sure that sentence is very clear to you as are the DNR regs but I would need some clarification on what your are getting at here.  :scratch:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Wicked Jester

• Outdoorsman
Please keep this on topic and refrain from personal bashing.

Sorry. I assumed this was more for firearm season. I pretty much gave up on gun hunting back in the 90's when one of the guys I hunted with would spend the day before opener walking around the woods where we hunted. (I'm sure you can guess we had a lot of tag sandwiches) I have been pretty much just archery since. I have been hunting near Cambridge this year. It's the first year for me in this particular spot. It's ok, but I have seen almost no fawns this year which kind of concerns me. Especially with seeing coyotes on my trail camera. I plan to do a little coyote hunting after I get my deer or after archery season.

Offline wile e coyote

• Outdoorsman
P.S. To answer dakids question, I hunt in the Northern half for MN. I don't give out much info about where I hunt, people like whiteoakbuck tend to steal those spots. No respect for the guys who put in the hard work scouting only to have their stand stolen because it's "public" land!

I'm Wile E Coyote, and yes, I found Waldo!

I'm sure that sentence is very clear to you as are the DNR regs but I would need some clarification on what your are getting at here.  :scratch:

That there is what I like to call sarcasm, somewhat. It's a dig on "those"
 people (like how I didn't personally name anyone?) who hunt public land and get pissed off when someone comes thru "their hunting spot" and it "ruined their season. So, with that being said, lets get back on topic so nobodies feeling get hurt anymore!

I'm Wile E Coyote and... Я живу в фургоне вниз по реке

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wile e coyote

• Outdoorsman
  Which river Wile?

That would be the Ром реки.   :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'll be hunting where I give one warning shot to get them running.  I like to give the deer a fair chance.   :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

Hunters reminded that bonus permit use limited this season

:police: DNR News Release (Released October 27, 2014)

Hunters in most of the state are not allowed to use bonus permits to take antlerless deer during the 2014 season, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.   

“Bonus permits are only allowed in seven of 129 deer permit areas this year,” said Maj. Greg Salo, DNR Enforcement Division operations manager. “You cannot use a bonus permit to tag a deer if it was harvested outside of these seven areas.” Salo added that bonus permits are also allowed in some special hunts and encouraged hunters to review the regulations as described in the 2014 regulations synopsis.

Permit areas that allow use of bonus permits in 2014 are:
◾Intensive deer areas 182, 346 and 349.
◾Managed deer areas 114, 287 and 343.
◾The metro deer area 601.

By design, more deer will be off limits this year as a one-deer bag limit rules most of the state and opportunities to take more than one deer are few and far between. The DNR implemented these regulations to help increase Minnesota’s deer population.

Bonus antlerless permits are different than antlerless permits that can be used in lottery deer areas. In lottery areas, bonus permits are not allowed; however, hunters had until Sept. 4 to apply for a limited number of antlerless permits for these lottery areas, where the bag limit is one.

Hunters continue to have the option of harvesting one deer in a bucks-only, lottery or hunter choice area, and also using a bonus permit in an intensive or managed area, the metro area 601, or some special hunts. The bag limit in managed deer areas is two; the bag limit in intensive areas is five; and hunters in the metro permit area 601 can take an unlimited number of antlerless deer. But regardless of area or license type, an individual hunter can only take one buck per year.

For more information on deer hunting and to see a permit area map, see the website.
« Last Edit: October 10/30/14, 12:24:19 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
Still doesn't answer my question. The rule for hunters choice as I read it lists the areas you cannot hunt if you harvest a deer in either of those areas but says nothing about harvested deer from the metro or intensive areas prior to hunting the hunters choice lottery or bucks only areas. Still waiting for CO's  to return my call.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
This is a very difficult topic here for everyone to get figured out. Everyone for the most part is trying their best to help out with the correct answers or at least what they think is correct.

This thread kind of reminds me of the old "Who's On First" as described below. :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLOZ_mVjML0
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Cody you can no longer tag a deer unless you get a bonus tag from 601.

Hunters continue to have the option of harvesting one deer in a bucks-only, lottery or hunter choice area, and also using a bonus permit in an intensive or managed area, the metro area 601, or some special hunts.
« Last Edit: October 10/30/14, 09:05:54 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
Still party hunting. So in the end it doesn't matter. Still waiting for my call to be returned from the CO.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I always tell my brothers if you fill my buck tag opening weekend your mounting it.  so it better be worth it.  I like the party hunting option. think for those still filling a freezer and not a wall it makes sense.  heck I haven't had a deer in the freezer in 2 seasons.. this one has to be my turn.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
WOW, crazy stuf here, haters and nutering and honesty and wow just whole lot of tostereone happinging,we need some fine looking does to come in an settle the buck ruttin down, good luck boys be safe out ther, sheeesh!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
It's all about family time and deer camp and filling the freezer for most of my family

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Headed up to Lutsen, Horns only this year but it's fun just being out in the hills and woods. Been seeing a few on trail cams but lot's wolves too.
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer