Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The scene has changed  (Read 1592 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
During the past week I took these pictures from various stands I bow hunted from.  There has been a dramatic change in the views over the past few weeks.  The woods is now in the same state that you will see during the gun season.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
deadeye, is that a decoy out there in the last 2 pics????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes it is.  This is one of a couple spots I use a decoy.  The white tail is toilet paper.  It flutters in the breeze to give it some movement.  I put antlers in this one to lure in a bigger buck.  It has worked in the past but didn't this time.  I am facing west so I took one picture as the sun went down. These pictures are from 11 different stands that I was in this pas week.  Not too much action.  The ones I saw moved only 50 yards in the 45 minutes I watched them.  You almost have to crawl in bed with them because they sure don't move far. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Very cool pictures deadeye!!!

Thank you for letting me sit in a few of your stands last week.  I had a great time and it is a highlight of my season so far. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.