Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fall fishing on Kabetogama  (Read 5828 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  I just got back yesterday from a fall fishing trip with the Bensons.  Both Fawkinnea and Wyofish made the journey.  We stayed at a resort that was called Keck's Cove.  A very nice resort  with nice cozy cabins.  The best thing is they are open year round.  We were the only ones at the resort.  The weather really was spectacular for this time in October.  Saturday the wind kept us from getting any effective fishing in but the other days we could go where we wanted.  I did not know about Doug's Otter phobia until we found out they were crawling around in our boats eating our bait.  After that we had to keep the lights on at all time.  Doug refused to get in the boat until they got out past the "No Otters allowed past this point" sign on the dock.  Doug's a lefty so I didn't want to tell him that Otters can't read and bad Otters would not pay attention to the sign anyways.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Here are a couple more pics from the trip.

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The good old infamous bag of cheetos  :happy1:.

Glad to see you boys had a good time.  To bad the fishing wasn't better. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Looked like a great time, went fishing in ND last week also...same only no cool Otter to watch! They weren't bitn either One 22" walleye.

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Fawkinnae did get a really fat 24.5" walleye.  :happy1: I'm sure we'll see pictures of it soon. Otter than that, no fish worth talking about.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  What about the dream?   ;)  He said it was leg cramps but I heard fawkinn otter, Fawkinn otter!!   Followed by a high pitched squeal.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBF2qXEIStw
« Last Edit: October 10/27/14, 08:51:30 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
A few more pics from Kab. Great time and great weather. The otters were fun unless you were low on minnows. Wolves howling on Thursday night under a pitch black sky. An astonishingly sexy dream one night (I have the best dreams on trips like this, we all got up and smoked a cigarette).

Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Couple more.

Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Awsome for you guys!!! nice job on the fish doug :happy1:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nice pics. sounds like a good ole time.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    It was better than a motorcycle trip through the Otterondack mountains.   :happy1:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Doug you forgot the picture of you running from the otter.

Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, things got pretty intense on the dock...

« Last Edit: October 10/30/14, 10:10:21 AM by Fawkinnae »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 Thought for the trip- " Imagine what the brain could do if it did not have to waste so much time keeping the body functioning."   Wonder woman.   

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
nice guys... a buddy of mine just bought a resort on Kab, have been going up the last few weekends.  some great fishing going on right now, great smallie action and walleyes too.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  John what's the name of the resort?  Check with him to see if he would like to give MNO a fishing report every once in a while, 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
In regards to the otters......that's what Fawk and DDS get for not inviting a couple rednecks like me and HD along.  We all would have been eating otter soup.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
it's funny about the otters... we had out yellow/white minnow bucket tied on the dock... but it is one with a locking lid you know... we where sitting there one night at a camp fire listening to the wolves howling and al of the sudden heard this racket down at the dock... here it was a damn otter... sounded like he was thrashing the bucket against the dock trying to get into it, but couldn't because it was latched.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy