Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer camp chow!!!!!!!!  (Read 2583 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so what's every bodies deer camp menu's??? we pretty much have the same every year. sat nite is venny neck roast which I cooked up last nite. with it comes hash browns and corn. of course there is a few  before dinner  :drinking:

sunday is my home made version of italian spaghetti with garlic toast! that is being brewed up tonight!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
No Comment! I heard of yer sgetti! and outhouse runs
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My wife does a venison stew for Sat evening. She starts with 5 pounds of venison trimmings and some beef bones, then adds all the root vegies. Rutabaga parsnip turnip carrot potatoes maybe some corn and peas and cooks it for 6 to 8 hours, depending on how much  :drinking: :drinking: goes on after hunt. We serve 30  or 40 or more depending on how many neighbors show up. She has learned over the years that just because the sun is down does not mean we are ready for supper.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No Comment! I heard of yer sgetti! and outhouse runs
HEY....HEY....HEY I be a good cook. my girlish figure proves that!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife does a venison stew for Sat evening. She starts with 5 pounds of venison trimmings and some beef bones, then adds all the root vegies. Rutabaga parsnip turnip carrot potatoes maybe some corn and peas and cooks it for 6 to 8 hours, depending on how much  :drinking: :drinking: goes on after hunt. We serve 30  or 40 or more depending on how many neighbors show up. She has learned over the years that just because the sun is down does not mean we are ready for supper.
ray that sounds pretty tasty!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Girlish figure? Oh yeah comepared to that gal name Rotunda Behemouth.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
boar.............. :banghead: training-087 training-087..............ah...never mind!!! :bonk: :bonk:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Im also planning Venison stew for opener supper!  Cooked in my old "69 Airstream deer hunting camp!  Might make venison stroganoff instead though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Corny.... Was thinking of making that down the road too. If it ain't an old family secret mind sharing the recipe.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Venison stroganoff....of Finnbiff  Corny style

11/2 lb frozen chunk of venison sirlon, take razor sharp knife and shave off super thin slices of venison.  Heat up cast iron frying pan or pot  put in 1/3 of package of Bacon simmer to get good bacon fat for browning the thin curls of venison. U can add a little real butter if needed. Brown venison in bacon fat, add some minced garlic, thin sliced onion salt and pepper.  Then add a couple cups of sliced mushrooms.  When meat and schrooms done (doesn't take long) add 1-2 cups of sour cream and a chunk of goat cheese simmer till melted.  You can add a little milk if not thin enough. A little flour if too thin.   I prefer poured over fresh mashed potatoes but classic is over egg noodles.  Veggies on the side and dab of lingonberry jelly also on the side.    In Norway they will add 4 crushed juniper berrys to  mix while  simmering .  Don't overdue the garlic or onions.  Using the razor thin shaving of venison naturally makes tender what ever cut you use of course cutting across the grain.  Pic didn't have the mashed potatoes as mama was on atkin diet..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man that looks awesome. I WILL be trying that. either with tators or noodles would be good. I was thinking of trying it over wild rice??