Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: cookies upper red lake report from the shores of upper red lake  (Read 224537 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
great read cookie, have an wonderfu t day tomorrow! lov ya my freind!! give kelly a huggie! for me!
cookie, good thing you changed your number.................only way he can contact you is through the website, huh!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ooooooh glenn...glenn glenn glenny, glenneroo, glennopolis,glennpheranussphinter umm umm um er
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ooooooh glenn...glenn glenn glenny, glenneroo, glennopolis,glennpheranussphinter umm umm um er
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: happy Thanksgiving buddy! :rotflmao:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, wel,l well!  We were gone for the thanksgiving but did have a few fishermen stay here with mixed results.  Stacy and Craig were walking on to the lake they did not do that well. Hint, hint. Joe and his crew had a sled and wheeler. They did real good at two different resorts.I have not talked to Mel ,Dan and crew yet, The social media/  facebook has exploded with great reports, I always find it funny you never see the bad reports.  Also not sure how the dad and son that stayed in old Minnesota did . I be leave they said they did all right when I talked to them on the phone. From what I have saw.  Beacon, Hillmens, Westwind as well as all the resorts down south had great fishing. As of right now the houses will be on shore next weekend, I expect side by sides will be allowed out by then, if the cold snap hits us. Were wide open if some one needs a place to stay next weekend. I'm headed down to get them all wiped down and vacuumed  in a bit. So here is something I offered years ago. What if you arrived  for  a 2 night stay in one of our sleepers.  Upon your arrival  there was a beef roast with all the fixings cooking in the oven when you arrived. I could make that happen if requested . Of course there would be a extra charge. So if anyone is interested give me a heads up and will go from there. Since I'm not heading on to the lake un tell I can drive blue thunder  I thought it  would be fun to share a few more of my deer hunting stories. Most are misses with the bow and arrow but still fun to tell. Plus who knows maybe my mistakes will help you score. The greek  and I were camping /hunting up north. It was mid Oct. The weather was a balmy 70 degrees, We had hit our stands early that morning with no luck . After a hardy lunch cooked on a open camp fire, we kicked back to come up with our evening game plan.  Our plans were set so we both decided to take a little nap before going back to our spots for the evening. The next thing you know the greek is waking me up. Quick its all ready after 4 and we have a 1/2 mile walk to out stands. I jump up ,gather my gear. I think man I need to have something to drink so I grab a can of pepsi. I never bring a can of pop to my stand .  I'm all set up in my stand, when I decide to quietly open the can of soda, I sitting in a portable with no where to set the pop down so I just sit there and slowly drink it. Now I'm sitting there in a tree with a emtpy can. I think I sure do not want to drop it under my stand so I decide to put it in my chest pocket. About 15 minutes go by.  A nice doe appears to my left, she is going to be in perfect range. I stand up . Get positioned , as she step from behind the brush, right in my shooting lane I draw back. The pop can crinkles in the dead silence of the woods, This was not a sound the deer liked as she was gone before I ever had a chance to fling a arrow . Another mistake was made, hind site should of never brought a can of pop, should of just dropped it under the tree stand. oh well This was 30 years ago ,and I've never brought another can of pop to my stand to this day.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hey cookie, lovenyour stories! lori and i will take u up the beef roast for next friday!!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Resorting to beef roast instead of fish says alot about da boarski!! :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Boar are you really serious about roast?

Was able to say goodbye to  everyone this morning before they hit the road. Spent a couple hours cleaning up the shacks so I could shut down the heaters.  This weekend, Ryan and his crew will be coming for the cabin. We have Boar and his wife  coming up this weekend also,. Sounds like There friends are going to stay in montana for one night. Old Minnesota is still open as well as California. There is also a chance that north Dakota is open. Jeff will also be bringing  his ice castle for us to rent this year. I know it sleeps 4  with no problems. I'll have more details once its here. Looking at the forecast there is a chance that we will be getting the house's out on the lake the first week in Dec. If all goes as planned they will be fishable by Dec.,7th. For now we will just keep them in there spots tucked away in the woods on the shores of upper red lake. I would say there were less the 30 portables out  there yesterday that I could see from our end.I would expect even less today since its back to the grind for most. Also looking at the forecast I may get out on the  deer stand again. One of my favorite ways to deer hunt when I was younger was still hunting through the woods. I took my first deer a 200 pound field dressed 10 pointer hunting this way with a 20 gouge shotgun. I also took my first deer with my 30 30  still hunting into the wind. Here's another story from my many adventures trying to harvest a deer with my recurve The area I took my first deer was close to Wyoming Minnesota. I had a trail through the swamp that I had slowly made with a set of clippers.  The trail came up onto the point of a oak tree ridge. With a lite drizzle/rain that fall afternoon my plans were to still hunt through the swamp up onto the ridge.  Just as I took my first step onto high ground I spotted a doe leaned up against a big old oak tree. She was laying at the base. She had no clue I was less then 30 yards from her. I was totally into the focus mode. As I pre paired for the shot my arrow was all ready knocked on the string. I took my time, I drew back, picked my spot and let her fly. The arrow  hit just above her back, she basically had to crawl out from underneath the arrow sticking in the tree. As she jumped up at least 7 other deer jumped up!!!. Seemed there was a deer laying next to every big oak tree . I was so focused on that doe I must of had binders on as I never saw any of them. When I pulled my arrow out of the tree the broadhead was buried into the tree , so it broke off. I imagine if the tree is still there the broadhead is still in that tree. There was a small pile of hair ,with not a single drop of blood.  Lesson learned, when you see a deer be aware. There may be a heard if you take the time to look around

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
She been a little more quiet here on the shores of upper red lake. There has been a few  fishermen out there everyday that I can see from shore. I have also heard from the grape vine that there catching some fish, We do have some guest starting to arrive today through out the weekend so I should have a few more first hand reports coming . I did talk to Buddy Hillmen yesterday,  Hillmen's is going to" HOLD OFF"  allowing single axel ice house out due to the 3 inches of snow we received last night.  Wheeler/side by sides/ sleds are a go.He does ask that you stay on this side of a active crack out 2 miles or so. He also still has some on shore lodging. I also ask about the behemoth, his giant double decker house. The plans  are to again have it rentable on the ice this year. If I remember right it will sleep 10. There number is 218 647 8504. I'm looking at possible getting on the ice  towards the end of next week but mother nature may throw a wrench in our plans with this snow. I did have a customer take me up on my roast in the oven with taters,carrots and onion  when you arrive.  It will be interesting to see how that turns out. I expect they will walk in and say man does it smell good in hear. our plans this week are again to work on getting organized for the season. We have to go over to Davids in gather some 2x4 for blocking. They need to be cut up and that's always a chore since I do not operate a chain saw.White lightning needs a water pump ,but I need to put that off for a bit. Blue thunder got her first work out as I had to go plow the gas station out this morning as well as our property. I was sure hoping we would not get any snow un tell I had the houses out on the lake . I knew I should of did the no snow snow dance. Oh well you would think I would learn but I realize after 17 years mother nature is and always will be the boss here on such a grand lake. Jonny boys buddies were up last weekend  and snagged a elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie. My plans are to give it another shot with the bow and arrow this weekend. I picked up some new gloves, and a couple hand warmers. Years ago I had built a deluxe deer stand up where the greek and I hunted for years.. Yes here come another lesson in not what to do. I had gotten to the stand before light . a lite snow was coming down but as day broke it turned into a mix of snow rain and ice rain. I was hunkered down in my stand with my bow hanging  on a branch, The bow was completely covered with a thin coating of ice. A nice 6 point buck magically appeared coming straight towards me. I slowly grabbed my bow as the deer had no clue I was sitting 9 feet up in the air. He was walking right at me so I had no shot. After what seemed like a eternity  he was standing right under my stand. My heart was pounding . I thought for sure he could here my heart thumping 10 feet away. He slowly started to mossy away from me . I was going to have the perfect shot quart ting  away from me. As I raised my bow, I drew back, it sounded like a broken chandelier hitting the ground as the ice shattered. A sound a deer wants no part of has he bounded away in two giant leaps. Lesson learned if its ice raining  you might want to keep the bow from freezing into a popsicle.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I love reading your stories and updates Cookie!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
well I was able to visit  SnowbearJosh for a few minutes last night.. He brought his kids and dad for a red lake adventure in his sno bear. They ended up landing about 20 fish with his 3 year old son Levi landing 3 walleyes. Joe, Carl and Chris headed to the south and crushed the fish .  Chris said everywhere the drilled hole was a solid 10 inches of ice, so were defiantly getting closer to hauling the houses out onto the lake. Good old mother nature threw a wrench in all my plans yesterday as I spent a better part of the day plowing. After the store and our place I headed over to Hillmens to clean up the landing. Buddy Hillmen did start on the road with a stripped down plow truck. There were 3 times as many fishermen out there yesterday then Wednesday for sure. I expect a very busy weekend .    My as well share another hunting story. The first year I ever hunted I was 17 years  old, My step dad/dad bought me a  marlin 30 30 lever action.  I ask if we needed to sight it in? He said nope they come sighted in? Off we went to his hunting spot .  Opening morning we headed own a trail in the dark. I had no clue about hunting deer. We came  upon a clearing, with the wind blowing 20 miles a hour right into are faces. We just stood there as it got lighter and lighter. After maybe a 1/2 hour of day light my dad says lets walk across the field  to get out of the wind. We start to walk across and two deer jump up that were bedded down right in front of us. He threw his 44 up to his shoulder and fired off a couple rounds as I stood there in aww or shock?. As the deer made it into the woods he says I think I hit one? You stay here and I'll go in the woods and check. I'm now standing there all by myself with no clue about hunting when all of a sudden this deer come out of the woods running right past me. As I bring the rifle up instead of pulling the hammer back I calk the gun and eject a round out. I then panic and start looking for my shell on the ground as the deer runs right by me. I did not learn my lesson, two days later I did the same thing ejecting my bullet. Then looking for it on the ground rather then shooting at the deer

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
 I guess you would call it maybe a fishing frenzy. We had a few guest stay here on shore in the houses. Boar aka Jeff and Lori figured they landed 25 fish through out the day after moving once. They kept there 8 and came off the lake before dark where they headed to Westwind the premier resort here on the shores of upper red lake, where they did the hook and cook for 10 dollars.
 Mike and Jane also got there 8.
 Jeff and his 2 boys brought up the ice castle I will renting this year. I have not nick named it but its a beauty. Were going to go over some details later today.
 Wild Bill came up with His son Brandon and a couple of Brandons friends. They did not do as well but  went home with a few.
  Jake and his son Trent also came up and did well. Trent is in 4th grade , he out fished his dad . Plus he shot his first duck this year. We chatted about kids hunting and fishing, Nice to see for sure.
  Ryan and his crew stayed in the cabin. They also had great fishing.
  Brent  and his buddy Tony ? stayed in Old Minnesota. They struggled the first day but managed to find a couple yesterday. 
 Just as I figured  she was going to be busy this weekend. I counted well over 100 vehicles at westwind  another 50 or so parked at Hillmens.  Looking out on the lake  they were pop ups strung out all along  where beacon harbor has there marked trail.
  Our plans are to clean the house's for the third time. Then I will be staging them on the lake for the up and coming  weekend. They may or may not be out in fishy water, as we still need a couple more inches of ice.  I have had them on 12 inches but they do flood.
 I did spend some time over at Hillmens resort working on the main road. Just like every other year, you could land a 747 on it if need be. A mile out there is a active pressure ridge. From the looks of it we will be dealing with a bridge a good part of the year. I could be wrong which would be a good thing.
  Good old mother nature, It can be tough wishing for super cold  but its the nature of the beast. I guess I need to now start doing a come on cold, cold dance?
  The snow we got will make banking up the house nice ,as I like to bank them like there's no tomorrow. Its more work but well worth it.   
  The strong ne winds put a damper on my hunt as the wind was not favorable for my stand. 
  I hope everyone is enjoying my deer stories , who knows maybe one of my mishaps will help you harvest a deer.
 I had placed a stand in the middle of a swamp. There were a few trees just large enough for  a portable. I have always hung my stands about 6 feet of the ground.
 I had purchased my first grunt call. I had never used one. There I was sitting in the bare tree in the middle of a swamp with no cover other then the tree truck which was just round enough to support my stand. About 75 yards just to my left I see a nice 6 point buck or so, angling away from me. I pull out the grunt tube and give it 3 quick bleeps and he stops in his tracks. He looks my way. Hmmm I think? I bleep it  a couple more times, he turns and starts trotting right towards me. He never stops. He trots right at me where he stops not 10 feet away. Looking straight at me we have  what seemed like a 10 minute stare off, he huffs, he puffs, he stomps his hoof. Over and over.  I 'm holding my bow with a arrow knocked, again my heart is pounding. He finally has had enough of this blob in a tree , he gives out a big snort and bounds away..  The lesson I learned that day . I always carry a grunt tube. I  constantly bleep on them while sitting on stand in the woods.  You just never know when a deer is with in hearing range but you do not see them. 

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
From my observations,  and from my guest, I would have to say the lake got absolutely pounded this past weekend. I even ate some fresh fish this past weekend, even though I still have not wet a line. Yesterday from the sounds of it was a bit slower, but that only makes sense as there were 1/4 of the fishermen from Saturday. For some reason you never see the poor reports. I guess I should of wet a line to say I did not catch any.
 Our friend Jeff brought up his ice castle for us to rent so last night we went over all the bells and whistles.. Wow what a unit. They have thought of every thing on them ice castles. Even though the house is not themed per say  were going to nick name it Kentucky.  A customers/ Kim joy and Tim bob had ask me if I would name the next house Kentucky. Kentucky will sleep 4 very comfortably.
 I got Florida and old Minnesota recleaned yesterday. The cabin ,Montana and north Dakota will be on the to do list today. The cabin is wide open un tell Friday. 
 The plan as of today is start getting the houses out of the woods , out on the ice where they will be staged waiting for  more ice. I would say crunch time is just around the corner. I sure would like the houses on 14 inches of ice to start the season.
 Hillmen's highway is shaping up nicely, Buddy Hillmen has staked it out quite a ways. I will have more info tomorrow once I talk to him.
 I'm planning on getting out to my deer stand tonight as the wind will be in my favor, I've never been a trophy hunter but feel I have a knack for finding there hiding spots.
 Back when I did a lot of still hunting. I was hunting  the woods I had taken my first deer. I had been over that oak ridge many, many times so I knew it very well.
 I had cut a trial through the swamp every time I walked through from that direction. I would trim branches and move obstacles. I had walked the perimeter many times over a few years.  That morning I was basically walking the same route I had when I harvested my first deer a heavy  10 point 200 lb. field dressed deer. As I was working my way through the oak trees I spotted him before he spotted me. I could see he was another big bodied deer with a nice rack. My heart began to pound. He was tailing away from me about 60 yards away. I would have to get closer for a shot. As I watched him through the woods. I did my best to be silent and close the gap. After maybe gaining 10 yards all of a sudden he was gone. I had for gotten that there was a low spot in that area. I took a few more quick steps and all of a sudden he was standing right in front of me 30 yards away. I froze but I was busted. He snorted, whirled around and took off like a rocket. My first thought was! I know right where he is going.  I take off running threw the woods with bow in hand. I get to where I expect him to come out. Totally out of breath!  Seconds later he comes off the oak ridge running right past me as I'm standing there so out of breath. I can not even get my bow in position. I could of reached out a poked him as he ran buy.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so is boar letting you rent his house so someone can get it to smell like fish??????????? :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
jeff wengler, anothe totally different individual with intellegence far abouve yours.....
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
jeff wengler, anothe totally different individual with intellegence far abouve yours.....
so where does that leave you?????????????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Its a hub bub of activity  here on the shores of upper red lake. All the outfits are moving smaller house out for the weekend. They all have different rules for the ice roads so you need to check with the resorts your going out of. If I'm not mistaken Hillmens is still at side by side  and single axle fish houses. up to a mile out. There's a pressure ridge that has been active since it formed so There a good chance we will be dealing with that all year. You hate to wish for super cold weather but its the nature of the beast so that what we could use.
 I have been on the lake and augured 2 holes. 1 I measured exactly 11 1/2 inches the other spot a mile away 12inches on the button. That was yesterday before last nights colder temp.

Lonnie was up with Kriag. They managed to take there fish home. I think they tried 3 spots in two days, last night they did go have a burger at westwinds.
 I now have all the houses  staged in front of Hillmen"s for the weekend. What a great feeling being on the lake again for my 18th season. A few of the houses will be fished this weekend. while a couple others still need to stick close to shore. The houses are set up pretty shallow so will try and be extra quiet with the lights toned down.
 We put a new gas tank on the red baron this late summer. I mentioned to my buddy wayne. I should just put a new fuel pump in it. We decided no if we need one we could always take the one out of the other tank as that is also going to be replaced. Well after driving it a round all fall she puked down at the lake this morning. " dirty dog". I'm hoping its just a bad connection .
 No deer story today

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the season has officially started for us .  Jonny boy and I spent Friday morning getting  florida, monatna , old Minnesota, blocked, banked  and augured .
 Jonny boy then spent the rest of the afternoon hanging with Paul  and Quinten. They were here for two days with there snowbear.. They managed to find a few fish but I was surprised they did not do better.
I got all our guest checked in, They all brought wheelers so I escorted them to the house’s. Mike Don and Chris decided to  just kick back in Montana  and hit it hard Saturday. They managed to get a couple of fish for dinner. Saturday they headed out deeper but did not do that well. They did manage to get 3 more out of the house.
John and Rick checked into  florida fish house. They also managed to catch a couple in the house through out the weekend. They did manage to find some good fishing.
Wayne and I fished old Minnesota through out the weekend. We ended up with 7 keepers two of them be over 17 inches, We also figured we lost twice as many so I thought it was good fishing.
Jim and Jarrod tapped into our generator saturdya and managed to get a few fish also.
North Dakota was next to shore as a cabin. 4 younger kids Chris, Austin, Dan, and Drew stayed there. The first day they did not do that well, Saturday was a different story  as they did much better.
 After saying good bye yesterday. Jonny boy  and I proceeded to move florida,  montana and north carolina .  I checked Lorenzo  and his gal Jenel in around 3. When I stopped into to check on them they had 2 and had missed a couple.
 I’m not sure  why the snow is like it is but I can not remember  snow banking like this . Its like perfect, I would say its like a lite sugar sand. That would be cool if it stayed like that all season.
Jonny boy spent Saturday eve fishing With Chris, They did real well some where to the south.
We did gain 2 inches of ice as I measured 14 inches yesterday,  We will be digging out old Minnesota  today and move it to a new spot. California and North Dakota will also hit the ice in the next day or two.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
She was a bit chilly this morning with a brisk -1. I'll measure the ice where the houses  are later today . I expect we have to be getting close to 15 inches but will see.

There been  quite a bit of activity on the lake with all the resorts / outfitters getting fish houses ready for the up and coming weekend.. We did have some one cancel florida fish house for this weekend. I'll be heading out in a bit to dig her out and move it to a new location. I did have Lorenzo and his gal Janel in there for two nights. They had 6 yesterday morning. Lorenzo said the rattle wheels were going off in the middle of the night also.
 Last night was  pretty quiet out there.  Lorenzo did wake up to quite the mess as all the rattle wheel lines were tangled. He said he learned his lesson and next time he will only leave down 2 lines.

Bobby and Darrel spent the night in montana. Very slow even thought it was on a brand new spot. Stupid fish.
Dan showed up to stay in old Minnesota . He had 2 on the ice this morning. I'm hoping it was just a slow day but will see. Dan and his buddy are staying 1 more night.
 It going to get down around 5 tonight then its starts to warm up again. Tough making ice but we have to remember its only dec 11th. Its best to check with the resort your going out of if your coming up as they all seem to be on a different page.

I did talk to 2 guys coming off the lake this morning that fished out further. They only got one so Minnesota did twice as good.
 I also plan on getting out hunting again, so I'll share another deer hunting story.
 I was walking the fence line of a field when a deer snorted at me. I could not see him in the woods but he was stomping and snorting. I have gotten pretty good of snorting back . Figuring I had nothing to lose I stopped and snorted back, he then snorted again. We went back in forth  for at least a minute, Then I heard him storm off going way from me. He ran about 50 yards and snorted again. I again snorted and I heard him come running back through the woods breaking branches, pounding his hoofs. I'm standing in the open with a line of pine trees just to my right and the fence and woods on the left. He then takes off again but this time he gets to where he was before.  He comes flying out of the woods jumping the barbwire fence. He runs into the pines trees and coming running down them towards me. When he gets to the last pine tree he runs right up to me. He's just a small fork horn buck. He hits the brakes about 6  feet from me . I start to pull my bow back and he whirls away and runs off. It was the  darnd est thing.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Bill , Theresa spent one night in Montana, They managed tow get 2 walleyes under 17. 1 around 20 inches , They also landed a 36 inch pike. So all in all Not to good.
 The fishing has been way better out deeper , but with this warm up and my houses weighing 5 to 7 thousands pounds.  I need to use common sense and stay on this side of the pressure ridge for now.
 When the weather warms  the ice expands , the weakest link is the pressure ridges and can become quite active.

Its just getting light, but from what I have heard through the grape vine  the lake was gowning and popping last night with a couple new breaks so if your coming up please check at the resort you plan on accessing.  There crews are out there everyday and know more about what"s going on with bridges ,cracks and areas that should be avoided.
 Right now the temps are just to mild to make much if any ice. I was surprised to measured 13 1/4 where I have old Minnesota. I imagine  there's a bit more snow closer to shore so were seeing a inch or more further out where's there's less snow.  We have guest coming  today  with a few not coming tell tomorrow.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
thanks for the reports Cookie... stay safe.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it was along 3 day weekend to say the least..
We had a few hick ups. Plus mother nature had to throw in her 2 cents.
Two of the dvd players would not work, even though they worked before the houses hit the lake.
 The warm weather. 46 on Saturday made water puddles all around the houses. Then Saturday night they all turned to ice. So sunday was a no brainer, Jonny boy and I put it into high gear and moved the whole fleet . To deeper greener pastures.
 North Carolina did the best catching there 8. plus eating a couple fish.
 Old Minnesota had our grand daughter Asley, Devon and Our great grand son Bentley, they  got 5  before we moved them deeper where they only caught a few more,  Devon did get to battle a big pike for a bit. Our great grandson Bently.  That's the 7th generation wetting a line. He also got to real one in.
 Larry and Dan were in the new ice castle Kentucky. They managed a few fish . We also moved them yesterday.

Boar and his wife were in florida. They were out in there portable all day Saturday into the evening, They went south and caught fish all day.
 California's heater would again not stay lit, even after I replaced the orifice.  I have to work on that again today.
 Montana got a couple fish  last night so we will see how everyone did this morning when we say good bye.
 Denny and his buddy checked into old Minnesota  they also had a couple last night.
 Pat his son and grandson got 3 in florida and went to westwind last night to have them cooked for dinner.
 Craig and his dad were in north Dakota they  also had a couple when I swung in last night.
 The guys in the cabin.  Ryan, Joe and Dan had a snowbear. They caught fish but never hit the mother load.
 We will get things dialed in a s we push further out the next few days.
The warm weather played havoc on some of the pressure ridges around the lake.  The one out of hillmens a mile out did not look like it has moved so that's a good thing. I drove over the bridge last nice .she seems pretty solid right now.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
nother busy day is in the books.
 Got out to Kentucky fish house to say good bye to Dan and Larry, They had a grand time, on a grand lake, in a grand ice castle. Dan was so impressed he says he may bye one. There goes another customers? Darn ice castles.
 They ate like kings. They had a couple ribeyes that had to be 2/1/2 inches thick.
 The fishing could of been better.  I still think I was to deep at 8 feet. The problem with that is when someone drives 4 hours plus, then drives out on the lake 1/4 mile and sees all the shacks out in the distance! It just does not work. Now if we drove all the way across the lake and set up 1/4 mile from the north shore in 7 feet of water it would be a whole different story.
 Old Minnesota had Bill and his buddy one more night. We are going to have them fish in montana while we move there house to greener pastures. Jonny Boy did pretty good last night so that's kinda where were headed.
 Will also be saying good bye to Craig and Bill. They have enjoyed there stay in north Dakota. Of course the fishing could of been better but they will be taking home 8 fish I think. We did visit last night for a bit. It was a hoot playing some texas hold um  and having some chili and crackers.
 Today Lyle and Greg will be arriving. We had to bump them into Kentucky as I'm still working on the heater in California.
 Time to hit the lake

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Cookie, what is being let out and how much ice?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!