Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: cookies upper red lake report from the shores of upper red lake  (Read 224499 times)

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually do not put out many fishing reports during the summer. Last Thursday while mowing the park I did stop to talk to the census lady as the access was crazy busy. I ask her where all these fishermen come from. She said most from the county. I guess you call them day trippers. Bemidji, northome, kellier, grand rapids etc.  She said 121 boats went out that day and most everyone coming in had caught some fish. The lake was like glass that day and one of my favorite days to fish on red myself.
 Friday the winds picked up but again the fish were snapping.
 Saturday we had some guest for one night Ronnica and Traig.  With strong winds straight out of the south we ventured out on the lake.  It took us a while to get down towards Rodgers to get out of the 4 foot waves where we drifted spinners and jigs with some fantastic fishing. Lots of fun and laughs with some nice people for sure.
 Bobby  and Daryl son Justin  was also up for the weekend. They went out in the wind friday and found the honey hole where they got 7 limits in 3 hours of fishing. They also managed to get sun burnt and soaking wet coming in . They had a blast and never went out Saturday.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Its again been awhile since I put a fishing report out.
Working 2 jobs in the summer 5 days a week keeps me plenty busy. I've been seeing the same patterns as most years. The bigger 18 19 inch fish we were crushing are now 13 to 16. There's different theory's. After watching the dnr doing there seining test last summer, if this year is the same there's plenty of food for the fish to eat . They swim to deeper water? There all have been caught?
We did get out twice over the fourth of July with family. Both trips were a lot of fun. Saturday morning we headed to my morning spot with Miss, Eric, Britny and Nick. the weatherman said winds would be less the 3 mile a hour but once we were out there they had to be 12 to 15. As we fished the winds dissipated and by 9 am it was much calmer. Are first fish in the boat was none other then a elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie. A nice 14 1/2 incher that my grand daughter brit landed. Eric then got in on the action with a real nice golden eye. I may have to start smoking fish as there seems to be plenty of them if a guy were to target them. Eric had the hot had and landed the most fish, brit was right behind, Nick could not by a bite so I designated him the minnow boy. Miss also had trouble catching any thing but finally landed a monster sheephead. We ended up keeping 6 fish and letting a few small ones go.
 The second trip of the day Matty, Elvis, Jonny boy and Nick went again. My grandson Mathew had the first bite, when I checked his bait 90% of the leach was gone. Then Elvis caught on fire, Jonny boy missed a couple before he landed a real nice one, Nick then got on the board followed by Mathew getting a nice 18 incher for the biggest walleye of the two trips. We ended up with another 8 keepers in the live well with everyone missing and landing a couple fish.
 Leaches out performed fatheads by far as both trips we burned through 24 leaches in no time. With all the bait fish/young of the year fish. I be leave a leach is like a piece of candy to the fish. We never tried night crawlers.
 I also talked to a few fellow fisherman that did well fishing cranks.
 The rest of the summer looks real quiet. Neither of the cabins are rented the rest of the summer.
 The big bog festival is this weekend. The potluck in the park Friday night is one of my favorites followed by church in the park Sunday morning then  a wild rice pancake breakfast here in Waskish. There's a softball tournament in Kellier Saturday as well as car show, kids activity's and two bands Saturday evening.  Sunday early afternoon is also the  mud runs in the pit here in Waskish, This has really become popular and is always a big turnout.
 We then have Hillman's  memorial softball tournament coming July 26 27 28th. there always looking for more teams. They start there festivity Friday with beer ball. Saturday after softball they play tackle football in the mad pit which is again a huge turnout. Hillmen's also have a band Saturday night. Then Sunday they finish off there softball tournament.
 We then have Westwind Corn hole tournament the first weekend in august . I think the hammer and I may enter as she is also using that nick name throwing bags.
 Time to get ready for work, again leaches seem to be the better choice of bait.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
ust like that and summer has came to a end. I'll miss going to work at the oak harbor golf course in Baudette.
 We did have a few late summer highlights with our granddaughter Britanie landing a elusive yet still catchable 14 !/2 crappie while we were trolling for walleyes. My grandson Mathew catching a fat 18 inch walleye within seconds of throwing his line out. Him saying hey I got one with me saying no you don't! Only to turn around  and say hey  maybe you do . Shell chick landings 41 inch pike after throwing a 100 cast with a spinner and 2 minnows. I think I maybe threw about 25 cast before I called it quits. She has always been a above average fisherwoman.
 We have started to take reservation for the up and coming ice fishing season. Quite a few or our regulars have already reserved there traditional dates. We have also taken a few new ones.
 Talking to The dnr  while they were doing there late season test nets. They looked good with a average of 40 fish or so per net. I also heard a rumor of some smaller nets getting quite a few small elusive 5 inch upper red lake crappies erlier this summer. I always like hearing that.
 I have talked to a few fisherman the last 2 weeks with some good fishing reports. The last time I was out I got 2 nice fish and lost another.
 I've only seen a couple grouse so far this fall but have not even been out to my deer stand yet.
 Just like every year we have a little work to get the fleet up and running for the season. All the houses will get another detailing with the heaters fired up.
 The Minnesota twins have been a big surprise so I'm looking forward to enjoying rooting for them.
 Bob, Rick and James will again be up for deer hunting so it will be nice to see them.
 I have plenty of organizing to do to keep me busy for the next few weeks.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thanks cookie, looking forward tonseeing younthis winter, qnd reading ur reports. hang tough brother
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
thanks cookie, looking forward tonseeing younthis winter, qnd reading ur reports. hang tough brother
yea I bet he's dreading that!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: :moon:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
We have started to see a few fishermen walking out with good success on this very,very early ice. Jake came up yesterday and ventured ou.Walkedt with his 4 year old son Lakken. They managed to land 6 releasing  one just over 20 but keeping 4 healthy fat fish. . Jake raves about how much he likes the way  Westwind "the premier resort here on the shores of upper red lake" cooks your catch. So I got to enjoy my first fresh dinner of walleye since this late summer.
  Most of the resorts planned on allowing fishermen out last Wednesday the 13th but high winds shifted the ice causing a large gap/crack down on the south shore. It was decided to hold up a few more days to be on the safe side.
 Here on the east side it also cracked but pushed together causing a pressure ridge at this time. It sounds like it formed in about 4 feet of water.
 Our books here are starting to fill in weekends for jan but still pretty wide open in feb.  With many weekday openings where I offer 20% off.
 Looking at the long range forecast there is a chance we may have our sleepers out the first weekend in Dec, but only mother nature will help decide that at this time. I'm herring a average of 8 inches of ice at this time . I personally do not venture out on the lake until I can drive blue thunder on the ice. So we need about 6 more inches for me.
 We still have plenty of prepping to do with the fleet of houses and vehicles.
 I be leave everyone has lodging in sleepers along the shoreline at this time.
 My good friends Bob and Rick are here deer hunting this week. It again has been a very quiet year. This is tough country to hunt. One of the areas we hunt has a wolf problem which may or may not have anything to do with it.
 I moved my bow hunting stand  Wednesday. Last night when I got there two deer had  at some time walked within 10 feet of my spot. Darn the luck. I have not tried that spot in the morning but may give it a shot tomorrow morning.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I have dropped the ball with my winter fishing reports. Nov 19th I dozed off while driving and crashed my car. I over corrected when I hit the shoulder and that's about the last thing I remember un tell I woke up 2 hours later with a concussion ,broken ribs, fractured L1 L3 vertebra. I also had bitten my tongue severely plus a few other aches and pains.
 Its been a pretty tough month for me physically and mentally. I'm waring a brace any time I'm out of bed for at least 3 months with no lifting. Jonny boy had set up a go fund me page and I can never thank everyone in person for there generosity and prayers in these hard times.
 Jonny boy has had to take over with Richy's help on the lake. I think I have taught him enough of how I like to run things as I have not gotten to go on the lake since the 18th of nov.  He has been doing the cookie shuffle with the houses and it sounds like the fishing has been decent. The houses have been rented quite a bit since they hit the lake, plus we added another  non smoking 24 foot grand ice castle  nick named colorado. I checked it out a few days ago and all I can say is wow what a unit that sleeps 4 with 2 double beds and 2 singles. 
 The season has started about like normal, with road work on Hillmans highway as we help build his road. I sure would like to drive blue thunder soon but not sure I can at this time. We did have a few issues with a alternator and broken wire that shut her down for a day. The white chevy white lightning also had a few hick ups. The big 1 ton red baron has not seen the ice yet.   The phone has been pretty busy with some rentals, some shoppers, some questions on ice conditions etc.
 Were pretty swamped threw new years which is a good thing. I'm not sure but Hillmans may still have some houses open 218 647 8504 also my friend Thad may have openings through out the next month or two 507 360 6405.
 Its a little tougher for me to talk about the fishermen we meet and the conditions on the lake but I will try and stay on top of it a bit.
 Again I would like to personally thank all the prayers that have came my way. The wife the Hammer has to deal with me so prayers for her to would be apricated.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear from ya cookie. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Love ya cook!! prayers to you and the Hammer!! if glenns wife can put up with the muffin head. kelly can handle this!!
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Love ya cook!! prayers to you and the Hammer!! if glenns wife can put up with the muffin head. kelly can handle this!!
:tut: But you do know :scratch: what glenn's wife does so she's able to deal with it, don'tcha Boar ;)....................................................... she leaves just about every weekend. :doah: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi Cookie.  Good to hear from you.  Don't overdo it!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: But you do know :scratch: what glenn's wife does so she's able to deal with it, don'tcha Boar ;)....................................................... she leaves just about every weekend. :doah: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut: she's home thiswhole weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :moon: :moon:

hang in there cookie...........just a little setback......you'll be up and running full steam soon enough.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I hope you are recovering well! Prayers 🙏

Have you got an ice thickness report? And how far out?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: :tut: she's home thiswhole weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :moon: :moon:

hang in there cookie...........just a little setback......you'll be up and running full steam soon enough.
She probably wants hang around & help you decorate. ;) :smiley: :smiley: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, well, well., Here goes another report.
As I shared in my last report I'm a little laid up this winter from a car accident. I did go out Saturday eve for a couple hour's  to a friends shed party. He is a cattle farmer and had fresh rocky mountain oysters. I even got the hammer to try a bite. It really help me mentally to see some of the locals and have a few laughs. There were some hand shakes and hugs and a little talk how things could of been worse.
 I did here through the grape vine that white or orange plain hooks have been the hot set up?
 Visiting our customers is still  not in the books as I'm also dealing with a concussion that makes it hard to focus.
 I did venture out on to the lake yesterday just to check things out. Just as I figured Buddy Hillman has built another outstanding road that you could land your own 747 on. Straight as a arrow, wide as a runway.
 The fishing reports have been very mixed. Jonny boy and Richie rich moved at least 4 house yesterday with Minnesota and north Dakotas customers  getting a chance to fish a new spot the second day. Jonny boy found a decent spot and moved most of the fleet in that direction. From the sounds of it was a good move as all the houses were having action last night. Good job guys they might be after my job?
 Brian and Stacy checked into Montana yesterday . They have been coming for quite  a few years just before Christmas so I would like to  at least go say hello to them today.
 Its still going to be a very busy Christmas  as we have 4 units being used Christmas eve and day.
I have heard from just a couple customers over the phone and they all have commented that Jonny boy is taking good care of them whish makes me feel good.
 Our books are slowly filling in. But just like the past few years quite a few call  last minute looking for a house the next or coming weekend?
 I be leave Buddy Hillmans 218 647 8504 and my friend Thad 507 360 6405 may have openings as they have quite a few houses.
 I have to talk to Buddy Hillman as I may start hanging out at there store in the morning helping out a bit. At least collect access fees for them early arrivers.
 On a very sad day my Mother passed away yesterday, She of course was one of  a kind. It was a relief to know she does not have to suffer any more. She was 80 and had a hell of a life. I guess you could say she played like baseball. All out, sliding for home and waring out her body along the way. She was quite the fighter and boy do I have some crazy memories of our child hood. She always said she should write a book and I would have to agree. It might be fun to share a few stories of her crazy life. She met my dad in mpls when she was young. Dad was from right here in waskish , mom grew up just west of Bemidji. There were 10 kids, they basically lived in a shed when they were young. She married John and they moved to Denver where me and my sister were born. Grandma Olga came to see me when I was born and my sister was saying her first word  Cookie. That's where I got my nick name as she said, that will be his nick name. Dad was not to happy  he said no son of mine will be named cookie. lol. They divorced when I was 3 and she remarried Carl Paulciani when I was 5. He owned a couple different bars in Denver area and that's where all the crazy child hood began

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear ya!!  may your Mother RIP... 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
so sorry Brother may God give her tired bones rest and you and your Family peace. God Bless Brother!
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So to hear about your Mom Cookie. May she RIP.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your mom, may she RIP. Kind of in the same situation as our Mom passed away Oct 23. Still enjoy hearin from you, keep the reports comin when you can. Take it EZ & get better.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my sympathies cookie.  looking forward to them stories !!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your Mom Cookie.  Rip. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the stories, Cookie.  Love to hear about how people ended up where they are.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Merry Christmas to all my friends and fellow friends. Jonny Boy and Richey Rich were busy elfs last night as they put  up a few Christmas trees for Shella  and her crew. They also put one up for Dan and mel. Mel will be doing a prime rib today on the ice so my mouth is watering all ready just  thinking about it. This year will be pretty tough writing who is who in what house  at this time as the lingering concussion from my car accident is effecting more then I would like. In fact I'm typing this right now with one eye  closed as I'm have double vision.
 Trying to watch the vikes loose Monday night was like watching 18 players, 2 footballs, 2 goal post etc.
 Jason, Gale, there dog named pepper   are in Florida.  They arrived a little early yesterday so I escorted them out in white lightning. I'm all so not spose to lift any thing over 10 pounds at this time. Did you know a 12 pack of Pepsi weighs 10 lbs? Crazy! a gallon of milk weighs 6.8. Jonny boy and Rich were in the process of moving the house so once we got out there I left them in Jonny boys hands. If I remember right they had gotten 3 so far in a few hours of fishing.
 Mopar Rick was in California I think they got  6 keepers and a eel pout. Jonny boy got one the other night on a rattle wheel. The hammer said he reached down and grab it  but was shocked when he brought it up and he screamed like a girl Lol. Maybe not  like a girl? Jonny boy all so got a nice golden eye the other morning. I told him to start saving them and once we have a few we will get them smoked.
 Shella and her crew of boys are here another night so will see how they did later today.
 If I remember rite old Minnesota had gotten 15 fish on its new spot."
 If it works out the hammer and "eye" will be fishing in there tonight on the same spot. If "EYE" get one, I'm putting it down as two with this double vision so I should easily out fish the hammer  for once.
 Joe and his paw all so showed up last night for Colorado So we will see how they did over night later today. They all so got a tree in front of there shack but I'm thinking maybe they do not celebrate Christmas.
 Vin and his crew had old Minnesota and north Dakota Saturday and Sunday ,they went home with 20 so Jonny boys move paid off.
 Never heard how Quinten in the snow bear did?
 Brian and Garret were here one night in Kentucky Sunday night. They did all right with 15 fish landed  taking home 6?
 I'm all most sure I missed something  but that the best I can do for now.
 It gets crazy after today for 6 days in a row. Jonny boy is limping blue thunder as we have a bad upper ball joint that needs to be addressed. The  red baron will more then likely go out the next  time it snows. The hammers car is getting a cv joint at this time. I all so want to track down my car as I think it went to a auto salvage yard? I still have the  tidal? She had 4 new tires, a new alternator just prior to my crash, a new radiator also.
 The last thing I would like to say is again thank you to everyone that donated to our fundraiser page, as bills are starting to roll in. All so all the prayers  are much welcomed.
 Then all the prayers and well wishes for the loss of Jonny boys grandma and my mom. She loved Christmas . Since  she ended up in Iowa 20 years ago Christmas was harder as we never got together much.
 When Bob my step father retired they bought a 5th wheel to become snow birds?  20 some years ago they stopped in Iowa on there way to Colorado to see Bobs mother. Her health was failing so they ended up staying. There they cared for her. My mom and Bob  nursed her and his brother  back to health. In the mean time. 15 years went by. When they passed  my parents were not healthy enough to travel .  Bob and mom got in a car accident and totaled the 5th wheel truck. My mon got banged up pretty good. She was a fighter and had no problem coming back from that.  fast forward 5 more years, mom was closing in on 80 ,her health started to go down hill. Bob aka Grandpa closing in on 90. My Mom is way better off now in heaven as she was suffering. I personally have trouble understanding  why some things happen? Why did she have to suffer so much at the end?. But they all happen for a reason. Just like this stupid car accident for me. I have a feeling when mom got to those gates the lord said you have a little explaining to do first. Again thanks for the well wishes and prayers as they are apricated more then you could ever imagine
  cookie

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Merry Christmas to you and yours to cookie!!!  and a good report too!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, good to hear your reports Cookie.   :happy1:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
3 inches of snow threw a wrench in to the operation. At least we avoided the high winds. With a chance of up to 10 inches of snow predicted this weekend, starting Saturday. I will be stepping outside doing the no snow snow dance today for sure.
 Yesterday I had  the treat of hanging out in I  and the Hammers favorite house old Minnesota. Lets say it was atreat as I actauly got a couple more trinkets I found under the bed that I have been trying get screwed into the wall for more then one winter. Most years there never seems to be the time. Being layed up all winter as far as working I'm going to get to fish in all the houses.  I will also get to do some scouting /fishing. Lets hope I do not get to spoiled.
 Jonny boy and Richy Rich seem to be doing a outstanding job the first 2 weeks of the season. The houses have done above average for fishing , With not one complaint. The few customers I have spoken to have all said your son is taking good care of us. That sure puts a smile on my face.
 Yesterday we again had a hick up on blue thunder as the boss plow stopped working . With great relief Jonny boy found a area to wiggle some wiring to get it operating again this morning. They will have to try and track down the culprit.
 The red baron also hit the lake as the 3 inches of snow needed to be cleared off of Hillmans highway. Jonny boy said she or he performed well.
 Joe and his paw were in Colorado and were up to 19 fish with another dozen missed. I think this has to be 4 years they have came up. They were having a grand time on a grand lake last night.
 The guys in Kentucky were here just for the day . They had 4 kids  and 2 adults. Not sure of the total but they had a bucket full of fish when I said goodbye last night.
 Dan and Mel did a prime rib on a rotisserie  Christmas eve. The hammer and I went out and enjoyed a delicious meal on the ice. They  have been coming up here for over 15 years summer and winter. Mel had the biggest fish so far last night a healthy 22 incher.
 Jonny boy has been catching fish every night , having to pull up the rattle wheels to get some sleep.
 Richy Rich and his gal Shelia  have also been fishing . Not even sure how many they have caught?
Jason and his gal bailed a day early with the 3 inches of snow coming. I did talk to her Sally? Not Gale on the phone yesterday and they made it home fine . She said they got there 8 I think ? 7 for sure.
 Now for a little venting, My car accident has given a concussion to boot. 3 different doctors not one gave me advise on what to do. I spent a hour  researching it a few nights ago. Turns out I have the worst of 4 types. looking further into it . I have been home sine the 26th of November. Some of the things I read, stay off of phone, texting , internet. Avoid bright lights. I have been walking down to the lake on the sunny days as my back doctor said I could walk all I want as long as I have  the brace on. Avoid tv? I have been watching tv since I got home, Eat plenty of fish? salmon etc. lots of veggies  and fruit.   I put a small Christmas tree up with white lights errrr.
 So the scoop is. Please call  do not text if possible. I will be doing my best to avoid internet, phone, brite lites. tv etc
 Thanks I will have a fresh report Monday or Tuesday
 The last thing  as that Old timer told me that use to host the Viking purple people eaters. Its A Grand lake and owe us NOTHING! NOTHING

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure hope ya get over that concussion quickly!! 

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Most want to now know what the conditions are like.. Each resort has there own problems to deal with so please give them a day to evaluate the conditions. Most will post info once they know. Calling and texting today only slows every one down in my own opinion.
   The week between Christmas and new year  is super busy every year.. It may of even been busier with red lake allowing wheel houses out. Those that decided to ride out the storm got to experience what all the resorts and outfitter get every year. Those that pulled the trigger and left the lake made a good decision as once these storms roll in you are basically stranded.
 Jonny boy and Richy rich were able  to stay on the lake with our customers.  They had a sled out there which was huge, as that was more then likely the only way to move around. I have had to stay on the lake a few times over the years during these types of storms and its not for everybody.
 The hammer and I tried to go to the cities this weekend and made a bad decision trying to take white lightning. She had to drive be cause I did not feel comfortable dealing with this concussion. Time we had gotten to grand rapids my back was a hurting , the hammer was also stressed as she has never driven a pick up on icy roads. White lightning has been a lake truck since we acquired it. Saturday morning I took it for a ride  down the highway and realized how sloppy the steering is.. We decided to hunker down and wait out the storm and get back home as there was no way my back could take the ride.
 Not being able to take care of my customers was driving me crazy, then yesterday when the guys were digging out I needed to know more.  They were so busy  they really had no time to give me minute to minute updates. Which was again driving me crazy. Today I have to give Jonny boy and Richy Rich a pat on the back as they dealt with all the citations on the lake.
 I did get to see both the red baron and blue thunder go by last evening to get more fuel . They got a major workout yesterday with another day coming up.  The hammer and I picked up a new alternator for the red baron , Today I need to look at the batteries and get them replaced asap.
 I had a very nice email from Vin that was here a week ago. They had a blast in north Dakota and old Minnesota and would like to come back next year. I've also have had more then one compliment that Jonny boy and Richy rich are doing a great job out there which defiantly takes some of the worries out of me.
 Its really hard to break down who were in houses and which house caught some fish. From the sounds of it the area we set up was nothing like it was before? Same old pattern, the area gets overwhelmed with traffic plus surrounded ,then the fishing tapers off...
I have no clue how north Dakota did. I'm thinking they got off the lake before the storm hit.
Keith is still in Florida, I did talk to him last night, they rode out the storm , if I remember right they have caught fish needing one more for there limits. I'm not even sure who is with him.
 Pat ryan and the kids had old minnesta and montana. they had only gotten 5 the first day which they took to westwind for dinner on Saturday. Sunday they were snowed in and had to stay a extra day.
 Our grand daughter Ashly poo and kevin have only landed a few fish in California as they also rode out the storm.
 ken and his daughter came a day early to beat the storm sothey also rode out the storm in Colorado, I'm also not sure how Jeff and Bethany did in Kentucky.
 Matt  and his daughter had a grand time on a grand lake and said they would come again. They also got off the lake before the brunt of the storm.
 Yesterday I had to cancel some new arrivals with possibly more to follow until we can evaluate the conditions out there.
 All the house need to be pulled out of there spots as the whole area has to be evacuated, There were so many wheel houses ,trucks etc in that area the drifting  has created a lot of weight in that square mile for sure.
 I hope to know a lot more tomorrow but mother nature was not kind to us over the weekend