Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 13-point buck st. record  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                      13-point buck sets state bowhunting record

Adam Hupf and Wisconsin Buck and Bear Club
Adam Hupf’s buck taken in Dodge County set a state record.

A white-tailed deer taken by a bowhunter this fall in Dodge County has been scored as the Wisconsin archery record for typical bucks.

The 13-pointer was shot on Oct. 11, by Adam Hupf, 30, of Beaver Dam. After the mandatory 60-day drying period, the rack was officially panel-scored Saturday in Green Bay by members of the Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club.

The rack measured 1916/8 inches net (2004/8 inches gross). It had an 184/8 inch inside spread and 434/8 inch circumference.

The buck supplants the 1877/8 inch deer taken in Fond du Lac County by Dusty Gerrits of Waupun in 2012.

The biggest typical whitetail taken in North America with archery equipment is a 2044/8 inch buck shot by M.J. Johnson in 1965 in Peoria County, Ill., according to records of the Pope and Young Club. The Hupf buck would rank 20th all time in Pope and Young records, according to spokesman Glenn Hisey.

Hupf, 30, has declined media interviews but shared a story and photos through the Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club. According to the information, he shot the buck on private land in Dodge County. He had seen the record deer several times in recent years and obtained trail camera photos of it this year.

Hupf took the buck about 20 minutes before the end of legal shooting time. The buck passed 9 yards from Hupf's tree stand.

The buck is the third typical archery record in four years, all from central or east-central Wisconsin. Brian Inda of Wautoma preceded Gerrits with a 1875/8 inch buck taken in Waushara County in 2010.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Thats a decent deer!! The spike I got last year in Minnesota,I was hoping to beat this year ! BUT I couldn't hunt this year! Bummer fer me.But here's a pic of last years spike. Think it weighed in at >>Kinda like big Bruce the hair dresser who stood 6ft 5 and weighed 125.Oh well heres the pic
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: DEW TIS AINT THE DREAM THREAD!!!! your as full of turds as DDS, boar......well just about everyone here exceptin me!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
 :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: that is a gorgeous deer