Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Trick to revive stunned crappies?  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Onin24Eagle

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
A buddy of mine was fishing crappies a couple of weeks ago and stumbled across a little trick that seems to revive the ones caught in deeper waters that don't want to go back down the hole.  When you put them back in, hold their mouth shut.  When you let them go they take right off.  I thought this sounded weird but I tried it a couple of times over the past few days and it seems to work.  This same friend went fishing with my cousin last weekend and they released over 150 crappies caught in over 30 feet of water and every one of them immediately went back down the hole.
2011 MNO Deer Hunting Challenge Champion

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Iterestig.althiught they may take off the odds of them surviving being puleed from t30 ft are slim after the bends. Maybenit gives them a chance. Ill uave to try it.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Iterestig.althiught they may take off the odds of them surviving being puleed from t30 ft are slim after the bends. Maybenit gives them a chance. Ill uave to try it.
don't you have to catch them first :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I knew I shouldnt have look at this... :rotflmao: When i see your mug in a picture holding a mudpuppy we might give you credit for aquiring a aquatic species of some sort thru some means of capturing, but probabley not ro and reel, but trapping or payment. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well you make it so easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee: :coffee: :moon: :moon:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
i used to have to deal with a deadfish.. then i got a divorce
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"