Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2015 garden thread  (Read 43691 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
wouldn't you just pick the rest and give it to the poor and needy???????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
wouldn't you just pick the rest and give it to the poor and needy???????????

Ahhh a true liberal. 

Now if the poor and needy wanted a ride id give them that but they can come and pick it themselves.   The poor and needy continue to be the poor and needy when you just give them stuff.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn it smilies still don't work. by poor and needy I meant the elderly. bring it to a nursing home! but then I knew you'd comment in that fashion. mission accomplished!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well, I figured since I'm the one that tills it, plants it, waters it, weeds it, picks it, cooks it, cans it, then tills it up again....I better get to pick'in potatoes, otherwise it won't get done.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Glenn I was thinking the poor and needy was you.   Poor Glenn,  his gardening skills are only out matched by his fishing skills.   Needy Glenn,  my garden didn't grow.   Can I come over.   But I knew how you would respond.  ;)

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
NOPE you thunk wrong............glenn can take care of himself just fine!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well, I figured since I'm the one that tills it, plants it, waters it, weeds it, picks it, cooks it, cans it, then tills it up again....I better get to pick'in potatoes, otherwise it won't get done.

Dang leave those bad boys in the ground.   If you're so much in a rush I'll have some in a month to come and dig.  :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Dang leave those bad boys in the ground.   If you're so much in a rush I'll have some in a month to come and dig.  :happy1:

Your offering to come up here and dig my taters for me? Ssssssswwwwweeeeeetttt!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HD, the way it sounds his bride would be doing it!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Umm NO.  I meant if HD is in such a hurry he can come dig mine too.  I sure wouldn't have a union guy do it unless I was looking for someone to lean on a shovel.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
those are the highway dept guys that lean on shovels.      you couldn't handle it a day workin as a boilermaker!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
garden is really starting to wind down. by the end of the weekend should be down to maybe 8 or so tomato plants. not much left for carrots and kalarbi either. few leaves starting to fall also!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Neighbors been feeding the deer all summer.  They have pretty much took over my gardens.  Potatoes are still in the ground, that is the ones the deer haven't dug up.  Still get to have some ground cheery as the deer haven't discovered they are under the plants. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
This will be the last of the jarring.....jalapeƱo jelly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
only thing left are about 8 mater plants. still hoping whats left ripens soon.

making horseradish this weekend!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I'm going to be digging the potatoes soon and then it will be time to till.  Everything else has been mowed over and ready to go. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
appears by the extended forecast there will be a killer freeze fri nite so its time to get my maters I want to save picked!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
garden is officially retired for the season. everything is out. now just need to try to lay some of my maple leaves down on it to till in next spring.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Tatter and carrots still in the ground here, picked last of beans last night. Still have tomatoes. We have yet to receive a hard frost  :happy1:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dug 2 rows of taters for 55 gallons.   One row to dig tonight.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I take it you don't dig by hand????????

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I take it you don't dig by hand????????
What gives you that idea?   My son and I dig every one by hand.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
lol yea right...........I seen pics of your garden rows!!! and I noticed your office hands!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
What does the rows have to do with it?   Some of us know how to do more with something with a handle on it than lean.   However I did contemplate buying a loader for my tractor after this year

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
rows meant that's a whole lotta taters to dig by hand!!!!!!! pretty sure I spent more time USING  things with handles then leaning on them.well maybe other then sippin a brew!!!!!!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Just put the grandsons on the plane back to Okinawa Japan.  We had a great month started fishing on Leech...finished digging taters with Papa!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL! and by the looks you convinced him it was FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I planted reds and yellow taters this year. I dug everything up tonight. I did not find one yellow in the whole crop. Not sure what happened, but I'm glad I grew 2 different kinds.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just bought 50 lbs of yellows for 19 bucks. Never had them before. How are they HD?

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I finished up digging tonight.  Dug a total of 75 gallons of taters.  Time to put the tiller on the tractor and call it a year.