Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: leech lake  (Read 3839 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
anyone got any info? hows the ice?  any fishing reports? never hit the lake on the ice before. general area to start? not looking for anyones honey hole just a push in the right direction and I can figure it out from there. thanks

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
wow not a word on leech lake on this site since dec. Wheer are the fishermen and resorts on leech?
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed. Even looking online I'm not finding anything new

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Cody,  keep in mind you have eelpout coming up.  To answer a couple of your questions Walker Bay is a good start.  If you have  gps mapping you will see the humps in Walker bay.   Another good spot is on the north east shore of walker bay.  The Cedar point area.  The next area to try would be sand point.  I have not been out there this year but a pressure ridge usually develops from the east to west shore.  You would need to use the Kapacona access if you want to fish the North side of the pressure ridge.    It's only 1/2 mile out of town.   Some of the lodges also have roads.   Pine point, stony point.  Grandview or even Huddles on the South shore.  There probably would be a fee for the resort roads.   Then you could also go to the east shore and the battle point access that puts you in the Bear Island area.  Believe me you will not run out of spots to fish.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Cody as a rule if you want to catch fish get away from the crowds....if you want to party.... get on a hump near the main drag!  25-30' rocks....  It may be my third year in a row of not coming.. :puke:   I got a jury duty letter for 18th.... :cry:    Maybe Ill be excused if I say "Hang'em High"....

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cross yur finger they pleabargin andnitn settles withiut going to a jury.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
MAYBE CORNY COULD TELL THE JUDGE HE DROPPED HIS KEYS IN THE LAKE AND CANT GET TO THECOURTHOUSE!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oh man..i said that outloud!!!!!!!! :bonk: :doah: :doah:
« Last Edit: February 02/03/15, 03:08:12 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
MAYBE CORNY COULD TELL THE JUDGE HE DROPPED HIS KEYS IN THE LAKE AND CANT GET TO THECOURTHOUSE!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oh man..i said that outloud!!!!!!!! :bonk: :doah: :doah:

I already wrote em a letter saying I had a planned vacation to "EELPOUT" but they have rejected request....  :bonk:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
oh I hadn't even realized eelpout is this weekend.

I do have the navonics app on my phone, doesn't really get real detailed structure wise, but I get the depths and such and can figure it out from there.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey corny have eelpout brass send the letter saying you are a very important part of the festival. one of our secretaries did that for me. said I was to important to the union to be gone for 2 weeks. they said I needed to pick one day to appear!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone been on Walker Bay recently.... Wonderin about the ice and or if theyve said anything about vehicle travel on the bay for pout fest....

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Ice should not be a problem except for around pressure ridges and narrows.  Any current eats that ice pretty fast during those warm spells.  No snow issues. Be sure to bring ice cleats.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.