Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Obamas ATF proposing to ban AR-15 ammunition  (Read 3592 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  The Liar in Chief is at it again.  Gun grabbers don't stop they just keep pecking away at our rights.

http://guns.buzz/2015/02/15/tyranny-alert-obamas-atf-bans-common-ar15-ammunition/
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
  The Liar in Chief is at it again.  Gun grabbers don't stop they just keep pecking away at our rights.

http://guns.buzz/2015/02/15/tyranny-alert-obamas-atf-bans-common-ar15-ammunition/
Look up the ball 855s they have come along way,.223 armor piercing this was the first,they now do em hardened steel tip in various metals with full copper projectile.Those 855 are called cop killers they penetrate armor.I believe even cops want to limit our rights to protect themselves!! These rounds I see no need for! Noteven targets get FMJ's have at it something that will penatrate steel and armor is military only!
 Google em see the latest improvements from the old Ball 855
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
DD,

Could'nt agree more...slow but sure they keep chippin away!

I took the time to read the 17 page memo. They spend 14 pages explaining why m855 hasn't been a problem for law enforcement for decades, but now it's a threat to law enforcement because of the proliferation of AR pistols?!?!

if you read the document, they mention a public comment period. That doesn't mean they're taking suggestions. The decision has been made by the Attorney General (Holder) and The Boy King. If they can't come for your guns, they'll come after your ammo. And not through laws passed by congress, but by laws INVENTED BY AGENCIES.

It'll start with one, see how it goes, and then proceed from there. AR pistols have made it a problem? Ha. That's not even close to logical.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Further~

A few months ago they banned the import of milsurp 7n6 5.45x39 ammo, again a widely used caliber among shooting enthusiasts. They now also reversed their position on pistol braces saying if you raise the pistol to your shoulder that action makes it a short-barreled rifle that must be registered as a class III weapon.

Ya just can't make this stuff up~

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  I think Al Sharpten and his ilk are more dangerous to cops than any type of ammo in the hands of law abiding citizens.   Oh, by the way  Dew-  the bad guys will have no problem getting their hands on these if they were banned.  It's just another case of this lawless administration pi$$ing on the constitution.   :bs: :bs:
« Last Edit: February 02/16/15, 03:57:09 PM by DDSBYDAY »
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
  Well I'm not a Fox network enthusiast,(Notice I didn't say news) More of a realist I am. Nor am I a anti freedom of speech activist,quelling and degrading what don't fit my beliefs.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Most any if not all ammunition shot out of anything larger than a 22 will penetrate police armor.  This is just like the title of the original poster says a away to take law abiding rights away.  Criminals will still get the ammunition, guns, bombs, etc.  this ammo is cheap and fun to plink around with and the democrats just want to make this stuff so expensive we can't afford to do it any more.  If I read it right according to the law it's illegal now because it can be shot out of a handgun?  So can 410 shells.  Pretty soon all the trap ranges will have to only allow tungsten or some other super expensive round to trap shoot with then no one will be able to afford it.  Well the upside is when democrats ban guns for people with mental disabilities none of them will be able to hunt any more.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
General~

Very true, its amazing how many trap ranges are required to use steel shot these days(STATE and COUNTY regs),spendy and poor performance,I do some promo work for a shot shell company to get my hunting ammo these days,they came out with a non tox trap load already (tungesen) $20/box!!!,years back I was buying practice trap loads for $30/flat (10 boxes) lead pellets,today the rise of metal prices both lead,steel,tungsen has put a damper on recreation shooting,for me the days of 10,000rds+/year are over for competition shooting that is.now its just for fun and hunting.
« Last Edit: February 02/17/15, 01:58:53 PM by snow1 »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Most any if not all ammunition shot out of anything larger than a 22 will penetrate police armor.  This is just like the title of the original poster says a away to take law abiding rights away.  Criminals will still get the ammunition, guns, bombs, etc.  this ammo is cheap and fun to plink around with and the democrats just want to make this stuff so expensive we can't afford to do it any more.  If I read it right according to the law it's illegal now because it can be shot out of a handgun?  So can 410 shells.  Pretty soon all the trap ranges will have to only allow tungsten or some other super expensive round to trap shoot with then no one will be able to afford it.  Well the upside is when democrats ban guns for people with mental disabilities none of them will be able to hunt any more.
The lead in ammo is on its way out! Nixon started the environmental Protection agency in 1970,That was  to identify harmful metals,minerals and pollutants.In about 1987-88 Ronny Reagan (the rhinestone cowboy)submitted a bill to ban lead in ammo. First to save the California condor then the ban went to all federal lands lead ban for ammo.It also included any federal controlled wildlife, which is migratory birds. In that bill was the total ban of lead from all firearms. We've seen the federal ban on federal lands and migratory birds that bill also included a total ban on lead in ammo that was given some leg room to satisfy hunters.I cant remember if it was 30-or 40 years from when the lead ban was actually enacted in 1991 under Bush So if it was 30 years to totally remove lead in ammo that takes place in 2021 but it could have been a 40 year slow introduction to ban all which means 2031. Check out the USArmy they are stating they are going to remove all lead in small arms by 2018 complying with Reagons bill that Bush did NOT contest.
 So either way Odumba had nothin to do with it.Its been on the books since 1991 enacted started in 1987?88

Swat teams use armor with ceramic inserts that do stop rifle rounds.doled out by the DOD
 Yes I am older and remember these things.Then my thought was a .22 cal is gone what can replace that 28 0r 40 grain lead?
« Last Edit: February 02/18/15, 05:47:24 PM by dew2 »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dew I guess my point wasn't whether lead should or shouldn't be used.  What I'm saying is if left to the Libral democrats all bullets would be required to have gold shot/bullet to keep the average law abiding joe from affording it thus we aren't winning by going after their guns we will go at them through the back door.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    This concept has been around for a while.  It starts off as a joke then someone say's yeh, thats the ticket.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Dew I guess my point wasn't whether lead should or shouldn't be used.  What I'm saying is if left to the Libral democrats all bullets would be required to have gold shot/bullet to keep the average law abiding joe from affording it thus we aren't winning by going after their guns we will go at them through the back door.
First I qouted Nixons then Reagans EPA and lead ban.I stole this post from another site>>>Seems 1986 this ammo ban was put into place??Who was Pres.then?? Heres the stolen copy/paste below

what did Obama do again? Was it a new law or an executive order?

I know it couldn't just be that Obama's ATF is considering to enforce a stupidly written 1986 law passed by a republican congress and signed into law by a republican president that plainly bans ammo containing steel core that "may" be used in a handgun.

For it being Obama's gun control, he really should thank the folks that passed the law almost 30 years ago and the manufacturers of the AR pistols that "may" fire that round. He literally couldn't have done it without them.

Its a win win for ammo manufacturers, they sell out their current stocks while the market drives up the cost, then the ATF bans the round and they make one of the many legal versions of the round and sell those, at a higher cost due to continued fears and increased manufacturing costs. The ammo manufacturers win, the gun control people break about even, and your pocketbook loses.

Seems most all outdoor sits blame Obama and the liberal democrats for what the republicans did years back.I guess its short memory?Failer to research? Or hate?
« Last Edit: February 02/19/15, 06:48:43 AM by dew2 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Regardless who did what when is irrelivent,obummer is in the drivers seat with his crony advisors trying to shut down our rights to bare arms and now capping our ammo in certain calibers,won't be long if we send troops back over to the sand pit  we''ll see a spike in ammo once again in .223,.308 and handgun .357,.40 and .45 cals,our military guyz train with .22cal ammo on alot of bases to keep costs down so watch .22cal dry up as well,however it dry's up our retail supply just like a few years ago.

So hang on to your britches folks,might be a good idea to start stock piling once again,I know I never stopped,prices will climb inventory will start to dwindle.Just saying,besides a guy can never have to much ammo or to many guns these days.
« Last Edit: February 02/20/15, 11:17:09 AM by snow1 »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dew those republicans were idiots for passing that law.  I have enough blame to spread around.  I didn't much like Bush jr either.  What one needs to ask themselves is why with all the laws currently on the books Obama chooses to ignore why is he not ignoring this one?  Snow hit the nail on the head.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
This topic is still striking nerves across the country~

Got this note from an old corp buddy retired~

I'd like to know where they get the idea that "green tipped" ball rounds penetrate armor, they will not even go through gen 1 SAPI plates until you hit the same plate three times.  Been there shot that.  Just another attempt to corral the sheeple and tell us what is best and what we should think.  Anything going 3000+ fps in .224 that hits a guy in the head, he's going to have a bad day, they're full retard on this one.