Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Looking for a large summer fishing charter  (Read 3326 times)

Offline stkelly612

Hey everyone, brand new to the forum and I'm pretty sure i am posting this in the wrong area, but i need some help.  We are trying to plan a large fishing outing with a group of friends this summer, likely around 20.  Does anyone know of any lakes besides Mille Lacs that have the large fishing charters?  I know i was out there a couple years ago with over 20 people, but i cant think of anyone else in the state that operates something similar.  We are trying to keep everyone on one boat.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
more info... all on one boat?  cost factors?  specific time/date in mind?
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline stkelly612

Really trying to do all in one boat, were looking at late June.  I guess cost is less of an issue at this point, more just trying to see where all in MN its even an option. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Are you just thinking about lakes?
Cause they have charters on the rivers.
Lake superior? Lake vermilion? LOW?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  Leech has charters too. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline stkelly612

Rivers would be great too, not really too tied down to a lake.  Mainly just trying to find someone who could actually accommodate a party that big.  Its proving to be tougher than i thought it would be.  DDSBYDAY, do you happen to know the name of the charter boat company on Leech? 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  There is one right by the Federal Dam campground.  I do not recall the name.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Tonga's Launch out of Federal Dam but I think they have only a 27' boat doubt they could handle the whole group, unless they have switched to a Mega pontoon or tritoon.   On Leech you could stay at the Chase and book 4 of their guides Leisure Sports to take 4-5/boat and have better fishing in a group and prob safer than all on a big pontoon, IMO.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Sorry its Leisure Outdoor Adventures (name of their guide service)  but I believe they can handle 20 people with different boats..

Offline stkelly612

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Sportsman lodge on Lake of the Woods, or Aarnesson's Rock Harbor lodge Lake of the woods.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
what's wrong with mille lacs? you'll catch lots of fish... you just won't be able to keep any of them.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 We looked for years for a charter that would handle 12. Millelacs is the only one we found! Even Superior had a limit of 8 on a 50 fter which I believe is the largest out of Duluth/Superior. Tough to do! We never tried LOTW. But did rent house boats out of Crane lake that were crowded with all of us.Check them out,I believe there are other houseboat rentals other than Crane lake.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine