Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2015 Official MNO Fishing Challenge Contestant's Smackdown thread.  (Read 209953 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
For as much of a left wing nutcase glenn57 is, and considering all the undesirables he hangs out with (Amy, Al, Rick), I have to agree with him on the Challenge!  :happy1:
Total length of the three largest fish ( 1 walleye, 1 bass, 1 pike) in inches caught by a three person team, equals the winner.   :dancinred:
Don't know why it got sidetracked this year, but it is what it is!!  :scratch:
don't forget keith ellingson!!!!!!!!!! been with him twice since Friday..............he even stopped in at the hall!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

and thanks for the complements!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :moon:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
So Glenn,

This is the smackdown thread and you seem do your share of smacking without holding back as do most of us. That would make you "a smacker" Now you don't like getting smacked about not posting any fish which makes you the "smacky". So what's da big deal bout dat! We all get caught out of our comfort zone on the smackdown thread from time to time.

Just out of curiosity, :scratch: as you mentioned "to many rules". So what changes would lure you back into next years challenge? Not trying to put you on the spot here because you’re a cool dude and add to the list of characters' on the site. A wide variety of characters is what keeps the site from being boring.  :happy1:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
For as much of a left wing nutcase glenn57 is, and considering all the undesirables he hangs out with (Amy, Al, Rick), I have to agree with him on the Challenge!  :happy1:
Total length of the three largest fish ( 1 walleye, 1 bass, 1 pike) in inches caught by a three person team, equals the winner.   :dancinred:
Don't know why it got sidetracked this year, but it is what it is!!  :scratch:

The rules are pretty much the same as every other  year.   Biggest 3 fish win.   There is a small bonus prize for the total team score.  That was added to see if we could get more participants to participate.  No worries.  It's going to take 90" and no team is there yet.   training-087 training-087
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
So Glenn,

This is the smackdown thread and you seem do your share of smacking without holding back as do most of us. That would make you "a smacker" Now you don't like getting smacked about not posting any fish which makes you the "smacky". So what's da big deal bout dat! We all get caught out of our comfort zone on the smackdown thread from time to time.

Just out of curiosity, :scratch: as you mentioned "to many rules". So what changes would lure you back into next years challenge? Not trying to put you on the spot here because you’re a cool dude and add to the list of characters' on the site. A wide variety of characters is what keeps the site from being boring.  :happy1:

Speak for yourself Lee.  If you have game I would be more than happy to smack you into another thread.     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Friendly Smackdown Fishing Challenge Reminder!

At this point and time we have six fishing challenge enrollees' that have yet to post a legal fish. :scratch:  We are now approaching 4 months into the competition. That leaves us 2 months to go until the challenge is done for the year. Believe it or not this is a team effort and we all have a responsibility to support our other team members. A least that's the way it's supposed to happen when one signs up for any competition. :doah:

If for some reason you feel that your unable to contribute to the team competition that you signed up for please submit a signed note from your mother and post it on the Smackdown Thread. :moon:
« Last Edit: August 08/26/15, 06:18:25 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

At this point and time we have six fishing challenge enrollees' that have yet to post a legal fish. :scratch:  We are now approaching 4 months into the competition. That leaves us 2 months to go until the challenge is done for the year. Believe it or not this is a team effort and we all have a responsibility to support our other team members. A least that's the way it's supposed to happen when one signs up for any competition. :doah:

If for some reason you feel that your unable to contribute to the team competition that you signed up for please submit a signed note from your mother and post it on the Smackdown Thread. :moon:

If these guys don't post at least one fish, we'll never hear the end of it from the WWCD guys.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Two + months to go.   Shorter days and cooler temps.   Lee and Borgie tossed up most of their bombs.  One is still curiously missing.  Greatoutdoors missed his spring pike bite.  He also tied his shoe laces to his chair leg so will no longer be a threat.  Corny13 is probably stacking up inches giving his partners some room.   Lot's of time left.   Borgie, Prosupermag and deadeye most certainly have earned an MNO Official Tip of the Hat for their efforts in this years challenge.   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Two + months to go.   Shorter days and cooler temps.   Lee and Borgie tossed up most of their bombs.  One is still curiously missing.  Greatoutdoors missed his spring pike bite.  He also tied his shoe laces to his chair leg so will no longer be a threat.  Corny13 is probably stacking up inches giving his partners some room.   Lot's of time left.   Borgie, Prosupermag and deadeye most certainly have earned an MNO Official Tip of the Hat for their efforts in this years challenge.

Don't be to harsh on greatoutdoors. He deserves to sit back in his rocker and have one of his younger teammates carry the torch for a change. Who knows. :scratch: He may get lucky and get Borgie on his team next year. This way he won't even have to launch his boat all season. :rotflmao:

Borgie may even take greatoutdoors out and show him how to catch big walleyes next year. :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/26/15, 11:16:19 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

"If these guys don't post at least one fish, we'll never hear the end of it from the WWCD guys."

The Who?............... :scratch: You must be talkin bout dems guys ooo-ver- by- dare.  :blues brothers:
« Last Edit: August 08/26/15, 11:38:59 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well Lee to politely respond to your post/request and after putting a proposal together here is what I'd like to see or my opinion!

I think DDS said 6 people haven't posted a fish. so how well did these new twists work????? life happens sometimes fishing has to be put on the back burner, like myself this year. some apparently don't get it! :scratch:

quite simply put  a simple contest works. now I am not saying the 3 fish total length thingy of each species isn't a bad idea, its actually not a bad idea. it has taken me out of my norm as far as fishing cause I have actually gone out and tried harder for eyes and bass.

I guess change is hard!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

[/quote]

If these guys don't post at least one fish, we'll never hear the end of it from the WWCD guys.

[/quote]

Well spoken from a man who's done his share of fish posting. Unfortunately his team mates are nowhere to be found :doah:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea them hummers are on a terror at the feeders right now. fun watching them chase each other away from the feeders!!!

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm kind of in the same boat as Glenn when it comes to posting fish pictures. When I go out I typically know what size of each species the team I am on has already posted so if I don't catch a bigger fish I don't bother taking a picture. Why hassle with getting the measuring stick ready and the keys and trying to get the fish to hold still while your trying to get the camera to work if the fish isn't going to help the team. My camera is a POS and doesn't always want to work. The draw back is it leaves you feeling like you have let your team down. I still keep trying but my fishing skills aren't the best. Now that I know any legal size fish I catch will count as something in the teams total inches I will have to post some fish. Not sure if there are any on the camera right now but I will check. Might not be anything to shout about but at least I will be contributing to the team effort. :happy1:
Need to check for any  :Photography:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm kind of in the same boat as Glenn when it comes to posting fish pictures. When I go out I typically know what size of each species the team I am on has already posted so if I don't catch a bigger fish I don't bother taking a picture. Why hassle with getting the measuring stick ready and the keys and trying to get the fish to hold still while your trying to get the camera to work if the fish isn't going to help the team. My camera is a POS and doesn't always want to work. The draw back is it leaves you feeling like you have let your team down. I still keep trying but my fishing skills aren't the best. Now that I know any legal size fish I catch will count as something in the teams total inches I will have to post some fish. Not sure if there are any on the camera right now but I will check. Might not be anything to shout about but at least I will be contributing to the team effort. :happy1:
Need to check for any  :Photography:

Glad to see that you just only missed the boat on the instructions. Others felt the same way about not posting a fish unless it's an upgrade. With the additional category added this year it serves many purpose's. Now you can contribute to the team without having to have an upgrade. Also your fellow team members now know that the members of their team are really out there trying. Many get discouraged when their team mates sign up and never compete or rarely even post on the site. Pardon the expression but, guys feel like they got stuck with a lemon :doah: and it takes away from their enthusiasm and competitive edge that they started out with on day one. :banghead:

Looking forward to your fish photos and some of that good old smackdown posting swagger. :happy1:
« Last Edit: September 09/07/15, 02:07:41 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked the camera. No pics. Remembered I down loaded them back in July. Kept one pic of a Rockbass that I haven't posted yet but will shortly. Deleted the other few fish pics I had because back then I thought they weren't big enough to help the team.  :banghead: Not to worry. I have 2 months left to play catch-up.  :stillfish:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Checked the camera. No pics. Remembered I down loaded them back in July. Kept one pic of a Rockbass that I haven't posted yet but will shortly. Deleted the other few fish pics I had because back then I thought they weren't big enough to help the team.  :banghead: Not to worry. I have 2 months left to play catch-up.  :stillfish:

:happy1: :happy1: ;)

Many BWCA Reports

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
X2

:happy1: :happy1: ;)
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

• Master Outdoorsman
Well my fellow DaBassTards team mates, I may not be able to come through with anymore fish pics. My crap camera died, wouldn't even turn on, so I have been going out with our $1200 dollar HD video camera that's used mainly for videos at the grandkids birthdays and other special occasions. Tonight, about 45 minutes ago, that camera joined Davey Jones and all the other stuff he has tucked away in his locker.  :censored: I haven't told the wife yet, I'm to young to die. I have a camera on my phone but unless the light is good the pictures suck. Not giving up yet.  :banghead:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ooooooooooo that hurts, kinda like droping the new truck keys down the hole, right Bo....... wait a dang minuet :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah:   Your teammates will be fine.  However, I strongly suggest you don't mention it to the wife.  Just put her put her purse in the oven a couple of times over the next couple of weeks.  Let her look for it frantically for a little while until you accidentally find it.  When she finally asks about the camera  you can just say she was using it the last time you saw it.   You will never hear another word about it.   :coffee:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah:   Your teammates will be fine.  However, I strongly suggest you don't mention it to the wife.  Just put her put her purse in the oven a couple of times over the next couple of weeks.  Let her look for it frantically for a little while until you accidentally find it.  When she finally asks about the camera  you can just say she was using it the last time you saw it.   You will never hear another word about it.   :coffee:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Told her a little after I posted. Went better than expected.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Well lady and gentlemen there is one month to go.  This years contest is still up for grabs.     :popcorn:   It's been pretty quiet around here lately.  I for one am not done yet.  I have been finding fishing to be challenging this year.  I hope the shorter days and cooler temps will get the fishing on track again.  Lot's of boats and docks are being pulled out everyday now.  Good luck if you are still fishing and chasing the title of the coveted MNO 2015
Fishing Champion.  Deadeye would have had better luck carrying around a piano than he has had trying to carry Thegreatoutdoors to victory.   ;D

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Well lady and gentlemen there is one month to go.  This years contest is still up for grabs.     :popcorn:   It's been pretty quiet around here lately.  I for one am not done yet.  I have been finding fishing to be challenging this year.  I hope the shorter days and cooler temps will get the fishing on track again.  Lot's of boats and docks are being pulled out everyday now.  Good luck if you are still fishing and chasing the title of the coveted MNO 2015
Fishing Champion.  Deadeye would have had better luck carrying around a piano than he has had trying to carry Thegreatoutdoors to victory.   ;D

The Grapeoutdoors has been having problems lately. His gypsy girlfriend has given him the heave-hoo. This was right after she announce that she was pregnant with his child. Everyone except him knows that it couldn't be his because his tank is running on empty. He hasn't had time or enough money to go fishing. Most of his dough is going towards the new nursery he's building under the porch. This way he and the baby can spend more time together.

In defense of Grapeoutdoors I hope I've  helped to set the record straight.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Way to go Fawk! Glad to see you had another successful fishing outing. As for me, I've been holding out on some bad news. After my son transferred my fish photos to my computer I found that my biggest walleye shot was not included. When up in MN I was viewing all the photos while sitting in the cabin and it was on the camera. It was a bit over the 29" mark. After he loaded the photos to my computer at home it didn't show up. I went back and checked the camera and it was not showing up. All I can think of is somehow at the cabin I must have hit the delete button on that shot without knowing.

Sorry to let my team down and I know how bad the general felt when it happened to him in the past. The other bad news is that Borgie and I tried to only photograph large fish if it would beat the current trophy. This was an effort to not over stress the fish that we committed to this year. Therefore even though many large walleye were caught daily on our vacation I have no backup walleye photo to add to the teams 9 fish totals.

This will be the first year that I've been unable to post a giant walleye in the competition.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Way to go Fawk! Glad to see you had another successful fishing outing. As for me, I've been holding out on some bad news. After my son transferred my fish photos to my computer I found that my biggest walleye shot was not included. When up in MN I was viewing all the photos while sitting in the cabin and it was on the camera. It was a bit over the 29" mark. After he loaded the photos to my computer at home it didn't show up. I went back and checked the camera and it was not showing up. All I can think of is somehow at the cabin I must have hit the delete button on that shot without knowing.

Sorry to let my team down and I know how bad the general felt when it happened to him in the past. The other bad news is that Borgie and I tried to only photograph large fish if it would beat the current trophy. This was an effort to not over stress the fish that we committed to this year. Therefore even though many large walleye were caught daily on our vacation I have no backup walleye photo to add to the teams 9 fish totals.

This will be the first year that I've been unable to post a giant walleye in the competition.

That's a sad tale my smallmouthguide friend. But I'm not done. Another month to go. I'll just throw you and Kenny on my delicate shoulders.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

That's a sad tale my smallmouthguide friend. But I'm not done. Another month to go. I'll just throw you and Kenny on my delicate shoulders.

Hey Fawk, you want to borrow my GoPro?   It would be cool to see some cool pics of the Titanic when you and your team hit bottom.   :happy1: :happy1:    :titanic: :titanic:  While your persistence is admirable the weight you carry will leave you standing on Deadeye's shoulders.   

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
As for me, I've been holding out on some bad news. After my son transferred my fish photos to my computer I found that my biggest walleye shot was not included. It was a bit over the 29" mark........!
After he loaded the photos to my computer at home it didn't show up.
Sorry to let my team down..........!
Yeah, dog ate my homework, camera goofed up, don't want to admit I really can't fish, yadda, yadda, yadda!!!
Heh, heh, heh!!!
Talk about nothing left in the tank!!!
What a loser!
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! 
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
As for me, I've been holding out on some bad news. After my son transferred my fish photos to my computer I found that my biggest walleye shot was not included. It was a bit over the 29" mark........!
After he loaded the photos to my computer at home it didn't show up.
Sorry to let my team down..........!
Yeah, dog ate my homework, camera goofed up, don't want to admit I really can't fish, yadda, yadda, yadda!!!
Heh, heh, heh!!!
Talk about nothing left in the tank!!!
What a loser!
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

What more could I expect from a combatant such as yourself. All this rhetoric after a few posts back I so gallantly defended you in front of the entire MNO crew. That's what I get from a guy that can't even catch a decent smallmouth year after year. You best crawl back under the porch and cough up some of that OL coal mine dust. Don't forget to put your miners helmet on while digging under the porch. You know, the helmet with the candle on the front from back in the day when you were young.
 :doah:

Many BWCA Reports