Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area fishing report for April 1st thru Easter weekend  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Not a lot of fishing activity yet as it is early for the walleye boat fishing however those boats going out are having some success. I heard of an 11 pounder coming from below the dam on Sharpe and some limits of male fish all the way down to the bend. The focus on Oahe has for the most part been bank fishing with pike rigs and smelt for Northern and that has brought in several big fish with most anglers getting action. Jig minnows is the bait of choice for walleye and will be until the water temps start to warm. There has been far more real windy days so far so I have not been guiding but after Easter I am going to start fishing so will have more updated fishing reports. Like everybody else cabin fever is driving me to get out fishing especially on the nice spring days. Have a good Easter and get the boat ready. It is early but fishing should be getting that spring start soon.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch