Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area fishing report for April 12th thru the 15th  (Read 982 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Wind pretty much sums up the last few days. It has been keeping all but the die hard fishermen home getting boats ready. There has been a bite for walleye on Sharpe for those going out but for the most part a lot of 14 inch males being caught so I would call the bite both here and on the first 25 miles of Oahe spotty and just a little early. Northern/catfish are just starting to go and if this weather stays around a good alternative choice to fish and stay out of the wind. I went out with a couple of friends of mine Jim and Bernie Weaver from Rapid City in 40 mph winds and with taking that factor in did ok catching maybe 10 channel cats and 3 northern pike with one 10 to 12 lb. fish the largest. We caught these fish on smelt/slip bobbers in shallow warm water. Big Bend on Sharpe is starting to have some action on both smallmouth and walleye and a week of warm weather should get things moving. I heard there is a bite going at Mobridge and Pierre is usually a little behind because of the lake warming up due to shallower water north of us. I will be on the water the next three days and will put out a more detailed report after that. It is great to see spring come so we can start to spend more time outdoors (fishing).

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch