Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: DDS side challenge  (Read 7290 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  Well what would a summer be without a side challenge or two.  This challenge is an individual challenge open to anyone that is entered in the 2015 MNO team fishing challenge.  This challenge will tax your skills.  It is a multi-species challenge.  The winner will receive a 50$ generic gift card (use anywhere).  It's free to enter.  Your scores from the official challenge will be accepted here.  But you must be signed up by the same deadline as the official challenge. 

This challenge will be won by the fisherman that puts together the highest score for these fish

1.  Walleye
    2.  Pike
    3.  Bass
    4.  Lake Trout
    5.  Rockbass
    6.  Crappie

The Lakers and crappies will be scored here as well as the rockbass if you have not entered the rockbass challenge.  If you have those scores will transfer.  Good luck with this challenge should you decide to enter.  Any contestant is allowed 1 muskie of any size  that will add a bonus 12 inches to their overall score.  It will be recorded as M +12"

Are you expecting a good year.  I hope so.  Don't waste it! 
  There is no smack down thread for this challenge.  The scores do the talking.    Most of the fish will be already scored in the other challenge and transferred here.  There are no limits on upgrades.

The staple item rules apply to the trout/rockbass/ crappie pictures.

4 days to sign up.  The deadline is Wed May 6th at 12:00 noon.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Sign me up, Big Daddy!!

TGO

Now I need to figure out where to get a crappie?? :scratch:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:   That's what I like to hear.  I hope you do well.  You will have to.  Anyone that enters this challenge knows that fish come easy until you need one.   :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
  Well what would a summer be without a side challenge or two.  This challenge is an individual challenge open to anyone that is entered in the 2015 MNO team fishing challenge.  This challenge will tax your skills.  It is a multi-species challenge.  The winner will receive a 50$ generic gift card (use anywhere).  It's free to enter.  Your scores from the official challenge will be accepted here.  But you must be signed up by the same deadline as the official challenge. 

This challenge will be won by the fisherman that puts together the highest score for these fish

1.  Walleye
    2.  Pike
    3.  Bass
    4.  Lake Trout
    5.  Rockbass
    6.  Crappie

The Lakers and crappies will be scored here as well as the rockbass if you have not entered the rockbass challenge.  If you have those scores will transfer.  Good luck with this challenge should you decide to enter.  Any contestant is allowed 1 muskie of any size  that will add a bonus 12 inches to their overall score.  It will be recorded as M +12"

Are you expecting a good year.  I hope so.  Don't waste it! 
  There is no smack down thread for this challenge.  The scores do the talking.    Most of the fish will be already scored in the other challenge and transferred here.  There are no limits on upgrades.

The staple item rules apply to the trout/rockbass/ crappie pictures.

4 days to sign up.  The deadline is Wed May 6th at 12:00 noon.
The main challenge is for just 3 species!!  Why? might it be your all up north and thats your catch.Then This 1.  Walleye
    2.  Pike
    3.  Bass
    4.  Lake Trout
    5.  Rockbass
    6.  Crappie
 I see no cats,flats or channels! Boar an me may get them where are the sunfish? You call it multi species but set limits of what is available to the up north fisheries set to a select groups advantage? Why not all game fish? as listed in the Mn DNR rules.One of the reasons I was  hesitant about the 3 fish challenge, winnie an the boarder lakes set a advantage for those who predominantly fish the area for those same fish! multi species is hardly 6 species.How bout a flathead contest??Where would you stand on that??
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Muskie?   I have never fished for lakers and never will
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Muskie?   I have never fished for lakers and never will
I could go for the skis also Caught a few never targeted them.BUT their to hard to catch for some!! I'd give it a go,I'd have to get near the cities or Mille lacs to score if I could at all anyway!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 "I see no cats,flats or channels! Boar an me may get them where are the sunfish? You call it multi species but set limits of what is available to the up north fisheries set to a select groups advantage? Why not all game fish? as listed in the Mn DNR rules.One of the reasons I was  hesitant about the 3 fish challenge, winnie an the boarder lakes set a advantage for those who predominantly fish the area for those same fish! multi species is hardly 6 species.How bout a flathead contest??Where would you stand on that??"

This is just a side challenge I made up.  It costs nothing to enter and it's just for fun.  50$ prize for the winner.  I did it once before and  Prosupermag won it.  The one year I did not catch a crappie.   Corny13 thought musky should be included.  Now it is-kind of.  Your suggestions are all taken into account.  I thought about some of the other species too.  For the most part I have to score most of these fish.  Limits have to set.  This is the challenge for this year.  It's the best I can do.   Thegreatoutdoors already has signed up so it's on as written.    training-087 training-087

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Geeee....... I don't see anybody whining and squealing about this "side bet"........
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  It's just another way to win by being an MNO member.   :happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Dew2- I live in White Bear Lake.  I am a working stiff and have to drive almost 3 hrs before I can get a line wet.  I fish when I can.  I have not caught a lake trout in 20 years.   I plan on getting some this summer.  It doesn't mean it will happen.  I am going to give it a try though.   

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Geeee....... I don't see anybody whining and squealing about this "side bet"........

Why should there be any whining and squealing.   The only thing mandatory is to be signed up for the Official MNO Fishing Challenge.  There is no obligation to sign up or any expectations other than a chance to win 50$ if the fishing gods shine on you.   :happy1:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  I've never caught a Muskie in my life.  This may be the year.  I'm willing to give'er ago. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

Why :scratch:  Are you disappointed?
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
 :scratch: do you have to sign up for this or are you automatically signed up ,Like the ROCKBASS challenge, if your are signed up for the 2015 MNO Challenge?? :scratch:    Sign me up also if thats not the case.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:  Welcome aboard Corny13.   Yes there is a separate sign up for this challenge which you have found.   I hope you find the M+12" as a positive move. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Why :scratch:  Are you disappointed?

Nope, not disappointed. ...just a little baffled how one group can offer a side challenge, and get raked over the coals, but yet another group offers one and everything is peachy keen.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Channel ccats would be a great additive fornext year, for a simple reason that lakers are out of my to do area, and skis althou arnt far, and i do have tackle, its just some thing i dont do anymore.........and I dont have a boat.  I would like to see for next year DD that you susbtitute lakers for channels, channels arnt hard to find and heck of alot of fun to catch. Flatties now are totally different predominatley found in the Minnesota river and the Mighty Miss. Now their have been a few reports of them in the Red river of the orth, but certainly not in the numbers for them to get a competitive foot hold againts the other multi species ther. I could see that substtute then the ski for the bonus.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   The muskie is only a bonus fish.  It only adds 12 inches to the total no matter what size. 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Two years ago when we did this no one had a laker.  thegreatoutdoors was not in it though. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thats wat I said, substitute lake for channel and keep ski for bonus, Taco cant catch lakers either. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta couple of small eyes in already so here is my first crappie...cha Ching !

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
your just gonna transfer fish that have been posted in the fishing challenge or should I post those pics here as well?

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
your just gonna transfer fish that have been posted in the fishing challenge or should I post those pics here as well?

All fish scores will be transferred.  The species not in the challenge will be scored here. http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=31555.0    I found the source of the computer problems so I should be able to get close to up to date tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 05/26/15, 09:10:01 AM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
How about this nice crappie

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   That is a beauty.  Just does not have the required amounts of spots.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yeah thats kind a Blue looking crappie ther DE.
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This crappie is an inch bigger and not blue

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:   Very nice deadeye.   Corny I will transfer your crappie to the new scoring thread.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ummmmmmm kinda orange on that crappie..... but hey who's keeping track, right??
78.50"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
At least he didn't call it a ROCKBASS !!! ;)