Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Turkeys 2 Hunter 0  (Read 1088 times)

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Interesting morning today.  I set up in a deer stand at the end of a long field.  Shortly after 5 AM a turkey gobbled not 50 yards away.  He stayed in the tree gobbling until 5:45 when he flew down 43 yards away.  Not a big one (4-5 inch beard) I assumed he would hang around for a while so I didn't shoot.  He was not interested in my decoys and walked away never to be seen again.  Around 6 AM I saw a turkey on a hill about 600 yards away.  It took him 40 minutes to make his way down the field to my decoys.  He stayed out about 30 yards from the decoys but only 35 yards from me.  If he didn't gobble, I would have almost thought it was a hen as he was sporting a 1.5 inch beard.  I didn't shoot him.  Lots of gobbling in the ridge north of me so I may try that out after the storms.  Also saw 4 deer crossing the field.  Great day to be out at the land.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***