Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: DNR IMMEDIATE NEWS RELEASE  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :reporter; .....DNR NEWS - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 22, 2015

DNR aquatic invasive species training and
trailer decal repealed; affirmation passed

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources aquatic invasive species (AIS) training and trailer decal program, which was due to launch this year, was repealed by the Minnesota Legislature during its recently completed special session.

In its place, the Legislature added an AIS affirmation provision to some licenses The affirmation will be added to new watercraft and nonresident fishing licenses beginning in 2016, so no immediate actions are required under the new law. :happy1:

"We appreciate the aquatic invasive species affirmation passed by the Legislature," said Ann Pierce, section manager, for the DNR Ecological and Water Resources Division. "We will continue to use all educational and outreach tools available to reach out to Minnesotans and visitors to help keep our lakes and rivers healthy."

Starting in 2016, all newly issued watercraft licenses will have an AIS affirmation section. All nonresident fishing licenses will also include the AIS affirmation section beginning in March 2016. License applicants after these dates will receive a summary of AIS laws and will be required to affirm that they have read and understand the summary in order to receive their license. No fees are associated with the affirmation.

The repealed law applied to anyone trailering a boat or water-related equipment, such as docks and lifts, in Minnesota. It would have required these individuals to take aquatic invasive species training and display a decal on their trailer starting July 15.
« Last Edit: June 06/23/15, 07:21:34 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I already have two different ones on the boat and on on the trailer so I'm covered.  :moon:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
I already have two different ones on the boat and on on the trailer so I'm covered.  :moon:
Hahaha I got em on each boat and 4?5 extra as keepsakes!!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine