Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report Lakes Oahe/Sharpe Pierre area July 17th thru 20th 2015  (Read 955 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I fished father Stan Vorthman and sons Brandan and Mitchal from Treynor Iowa and Denver Co to full passion limits of nice walleye (one to almost 27 inches) along with northern/catfish/smallmouth as bonus fish. They also ate a lot of walleye while they were here. We had some strong winds for the fishing on Oahe but still came in with their limits fishing in 20 to 30 fow drifting nightcrawler/bouncer rigs and then went down to West bend for numbers of smaller walleye with some nice ones. Here we fished ridgeline/humps in around 25 fow using the same presentation. I had a great time on a real nice family trip and sure hope to see these guys back again. Congratulations to gov Cup winner's Doug Iverson and Barry Sargent. The results indicate a lot of nice 2 lb fish in the lake with a great number of teams coming in with this size walleye. There were not a lot of big fish weighted and I think this is because right now we just do not have the numbers of these guys in the lake however next year should produce more of the over 20 inch fish. Both lakes are putting out good numbers of fish with Sharpe (West Bend area) being the pick for lots of smaller 50 fish days and Oahe a nice better over all size but maybe many days not as good on the numbers. Take lots of water and some bug spray along and now maybe icing down the fish you are going to eat a better option than live wells.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch