Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: lion hunt  (Read 3766 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Who would hunt lions?  I don't have a problem with the dentist that killed the Zimbabwe lion. If i didn't already have a GREAT dentist i would go to him. If i was lucky enough to go to africa i would also want to hunt lions.  Bucket list item for me.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
if it dont taste good to great Ive got no need to hunt it myself.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Big Cats are really quite tasty! :happy1:   Some say much better than Bear.  ;)   Ive only tasted Mountain Lion ( Fajitta's)  they were awesome!  But Years ago Bob Collin's had a restaurant on Main Street "Collins CafĂ©" in Walker where he cooked Wild game in the Backroom, he had African Lion one time.  BTW his old cookbook "Collin's Backroom Cooking Secrets" is one of my Favorites.  I have another friend that when he was a grad student at U of Minn in Zoology a Tiger at the St Paul Zoo got stuck in the bars and broke his neck, the grad students were sent over to skin the tiger... they ate it he said one of the best game meats he ever had!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Corny how do linx and bobcats taste? Ever try house cat? 

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

Ask HD. He's my go to.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well then that settles it, Its off to Africa.
78.50"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
  I have never tried smaller Cats... but in parts of Asia....they are often eaten as well as Fiddo.   But a nice fat Young one would be  the one Id eat! ;) ;) ;)   You don't have to go to Africa Boar, their are Lions in Nodak and a season.  I haven't seen one yet but 5 years ago there was one on my place, did find a whitetail kill, all covered up and everything... Told my buddys hunting if anyone got it, I got the Backstraps!! :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
oooooh moutain lions ya mean, yea got a few around here to. whew thats good, it was gona be a tough one to eplain to the wife about africa, probabley wouldnt make eelpout next year.
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Lure a lion out of a park and kill it: Worst person ever.

Maneuver an unborn child into a better position for the best killing angle: Liberal hero.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
before you guys get your panties up in a bunch, why go after this guy????? what about the other 600 lions a year that get shot each year?? how was he to know it was collared? underneath a huge mane?????

I listened to an interview on the radio this morning that actually did one of them hunts. these hunters totally rely on these professional hunters in Africa and its common practice to drag other dead carcasses, baiting, to hunt lions. the way it sounds in pretty much comes down to $$$$$$$$$. sounds like that hunt generally costs a whole lot more then this dentist actually paid for it, like a 100,000 more.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
He paid 50 some thousand to hunt a lion. People need to realize that most of the money went to the government who issued the permit...hunters rely on these guides. 99% of the people of that country could care less. "Luring" it out of the sanctuary, please...people do that stuff here in the U.S. He didn't shoot it in the sanctuary so he didn't do anything wrong. This is more the guides fault then the hunters fault, yes he released the arrow but I'm positive the guides said to shoot the lion. I'm sure had he known that this lion was "famous" he wouldn't have shot. But let's take a vote, who here or anywhere in the U.S. Had heard of this lion before he shot it......,I'll wait...

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Me,I feel he paid a lowball price! Course I would shop around also.Ya he may have been dumb to the process of big game hunting, But a educated man dont use the internet? THEN The -poached bear In scony?? Once a crook maybe? not always! but the guy is a poacher! court and evidence proven!! Extradite! and let the laws he violated stand as law of the land.Only way to weed out crooks! and poachers!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts

Lure a lion out of a park and kill it: Worst person ever.

Maneuver an unborn child into a better position for the best killing angle: Liberal hero.

How in the heck did you put these things together? WTF.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
If you read up on the bear hunt, again the GUIDE got it wrong. He was across the line where the zones change from one area to another

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
If you read up on the bear hunt, again the GUIDE got it wrong. He was across the line where the zones change from one area to another
Yep Its always someone elses fault.I've read lots of it.
  At first I felt the same as you.He shouldnt be in such a limelite! I am kinda of a tree hugger but thats overboard! Face his accusers and come away with a clean mind OR the consequences if prven in the wrong.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
Having to hide because your life is being threatened daily is over board. But again like I said the guides are the ones who have say so to release the arrow.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
selling big game hunts is one of the few things that have worked to protect these animals. otherwise the locals would be poaching them and selling their body parts. or taking their territory and turning it into grazing land for cattle and then shooting them because they kill their cattle. 

as for the collar.. who gives a rats ass... it's no worse than that dildo "scientist" guy here in minnesota that everyone was all butthurt over.. well he's not collaring bears anymore is he.. wheres his "outrage".

no one knew cecil before this.. just a bandwagon to hate hunters. see this for what it is. 
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
selling big game hunts is one of the few things that have worked to protect these animals. otherwise the locals would be poaching them and selling their body parts. or taking their territory and turning it into grazing land for cattle and then shooting them because they kill their cattle. 

as for the collar.. who gives a rats ass... it's no worse than that dildo "scientist" guy here in minnesota that everyone was all butthurt over.. well he's not collaring bears anymore is he.. wheres his "outrage".

no one knew cecil before this.. just a bandwagon to hate hunters. see this for what it is. 
  :happy1: :happy1: spot on

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

X2