Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnetonka muskies  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
Never fished it. But figured with the cool weather an possible rain I'd take advantage of a recreational boat free lake.
Looking for muskies or puke. Any particular bay to start my search?

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Never fished it. But figured with the cool weather an possible rain I'd take advantage of a recreational boat free lake.
Looking for muskies or puke. Any particular bay to start my search?
Cody you foolin me?? No recreation boats!! Did something happen down there?High water no wake lakee??
 Cool water aint for 2 months so fish deep edges.Ya know where Shady Island is? BigIslans?Enchanted Island? The third one out is Shady, I think if I remember right the south shore of that island has the depths,weededges you may give a try.Just looked at a map and yes south shore just north of shorewood. Excellent warm weather spot.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
I went out of Minnetonka regional park. Fished a big drop off of weeds 4feet to 13 feet of water. I fished all along that shelf had a small one follow and missed it on the figure 8. That was with a black bucktail. Tried casting my top raider up over the weeds and retrieving out then tried casting from the shallow side out into the deep and retrieving it towards the weeds. Never got another follow. Rained pretty much the whole time. Was hoping that it would turn the bite on. Tried throwing a smallish spinner and caught plenty of bass but that wasn't was I was looking for. If it doesn't storm all day tomorrow like they saying it's suppose to I'll go back out there

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the guys from our church is a muskie addict and fishes Tonka several times a week.  He's seeing lots of big fish, getting follows but no bites.  He figure 8's every cast, has thrown every lure in his box at 'em, but can't coax a bite.  Last time he fished he had 5 follows and caught one suicidal northern, but that's it.

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
As mentioned, Big Island is a good spot.  There's a point coming off the island that drops into deeper water.  It's marked with a buoy.  I see guys fishing that heavily.  Another good spot on that end of the lake is the inlet to Peavey Lake.  Fish the bay outside of Peavey and then motor through the channel and fish the Peavey end of that channel.  We see 'em there frequently.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going on Sunday afternoon. They should start heating up and feeding heavily. I get frusterated after awhile. I'll probably hit waconia on sunday