Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 3 hunters plucked f. lake  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
     Three young duck hunters plucked from Fish Lake :fudd: :fudd: :fudd:

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 at 10:38 a.m.

:bonk: ........
Three young duck hunters heading out on Fish Lake Sunday morning needed assistance from the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office after their boat overturned :titanic: in the dark.

:police: ......
Deputies were called to Fish Lake just after 4:30 a.m. on reports that three juvenile boys were stranded when their boat took on water and capsized.

Two of the boys clung to bags of floating decoys and made it to shore. The third clung to the swamped but still floating boat. All three were picked up by deputies in another boat.

All three were treated at the scene and released without being hospitalized.  :happy1: The boys had life jackets in the boat but were not wearing them, :banghead: according to the report from the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office.

Two of the boys were from Duluth and the third was from Wisconsin, Their names were not released. The incident remains under investigation. The  St. Louis County Rescue Squad, Gold Cross and Fredenberg Fire/First Responders assisted.
« Last Edit: October 10/05/15, 08:50:35 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yikes! I remember my young days crossing lake onamia in pitch black darkness not giving any thought about an issue such as this,just get to my spot and setup before anyone else comes out,got lucky I guess.