Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Mom's doe  (Read 2841 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
After missing a big buck opening day she had to wait 14 more days before another shot opportunity.  I was siting in the box blind with her as I was still cold from the morning sit in a swaying tree.  A doe and tiny fawn came out and she passed because she didn't think the fawn would live without its mother.  She was rewarded 20 min later with a doe we had targeted for the last 3 years.  She was a doe that didn't have any fawns that we were ever aware of.  She had over 2 inches of fat on her back and her teeth were worn flat.  She stopped behind a basswood clump 50 yards away. I told mom to shoot between the 2 trees on the left. It was an 8 inch opening right behind the front leg.  She asked me to take the shot which I refused. I told her to squeeze the trigger and miss the trees. She made the shot and the doe went 40 yards and went down.  Double lung with an exit wound that my thumb fit in.  NO BLOOD TRAIL.  To much fat. She entered the doe in the local big buck/doe contest and WON 1st place.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Way to go amigo :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Way cool!! :happy1:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Way to go MOM :bow:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Awesome!  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good shooting and congrats on your Doe!... :happy1:
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline hunterjoe

Great story! Nice shot!