Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Hunting Public Land  (Read 2161 times)

Offline hunterjoe

Hello All, I have hunted private land with a shotgun for years. I decided to start deer hunting with a muzzleloader & public/state land is my only option for the muzzleloader season. I am planning to hunt the Mille Lacs State Wildlife Management Area. I am wondering if anyone here has hunted there before? (Or any advice on hunting public land in general...I am a little hesitant because of other hunters potentially shooting near me).What are the pros & cons? Tips/advice? I am assuming there are less hunters out during muzzleloader vs regular firearm season? I plan to be in a blind & not in a tree stand.  Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated! Thank you & Happy Thanksgiving!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I would say, if yur hunting from a blind on public land...make sure it's marked with some blaze orange. That way you reduce the risk of getting shot.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!