Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Leech L. 5 yr plan finalized  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
    Leech Lake 5-year management plan finalized :happy1:

:reporter; ....
A new five-year fisheries management plan for Leech Lake in northern Minnesota has been released by the DNR. The plan covers the period 2016-2020 and outlines management objectives for primary sportfish populations, as well as steps to reach these goals.

:popcorn: .....
The document was developed by combining fisheries science with extensive public input. Management actions in this plan include habitat protection, special regulations, stocking of game fish (when specified population triggers are met), and continued support for double-crested cormorant control, as well as expanded sampling for other important species such as largemouthbass and tullibee, also called cisco . The plan aims to provide a quality sustainable sport fishery in Leech Lake for the long term.

The final plan, approved by :police: DNR Commissioner Tom Landwehr, can be viewed at: http://bit.ly/1R9Ird8. Electronic copies of the plan can also be obtained by emailing the Walker area fisheries office at walker.fisheries@state.mn.us.

Leech Lake covers 112,000 acres and is a popular year-around recreation destination. The lake is home to walleye, muskellunge, northern pike, yellow perch, largemouth bass and a number of other fish species sought by anglers.

:fishing2:
       :Fish: :Fish: :Fish: :Fish: :Fish:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 02/06/16, 09:54:54 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Leech lake band...wonder why they are silent these days? does anyone here remember the days when we non tribal members had to pay a$1 fee extra to fish leech? I do,I also remember tribal memebers enforcing a road block,armed when I was a kid,ole man made us kids lay on the car floor as we approached the block,today they are silent unlike their counter parts,regarding mille lacs.Makes me curious how much $$$ we pay them?