Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: gardening 2016  (Read 45072 times)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Our tatters have been up for a time now,The ole girl put em in Then got some a those giants fron the general she planted them and their poppin up.Late start on seed but its so cold!! Snowed yesterday an 30 degrees this morn! All started seed is on the dining room table.

NEWSFLASH!!!!!! Glenn I gave you yer 40th smite>>>>>>Yer welcome EH!
yea well ya got one for that comment in the contest signup thread.............haha!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon:

dang now gotta wait an hour to hit boar!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
No Problemo HEY!! I'll tag him for ya he seems to be behind you anyway! I see yer at 41 now I did 40 cause I dont like odd numbers and 41 is a odd number!!UMM should I do boar or get yers back to a even number???????
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Getting the box planted. ..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I just checked tonight and all my frosted taters are coming back :happy1:

« Last Edit: May 05/20/16, 10:40:53 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wasn't real sure but thought they would. Been a long time since I planted spuds but kinda remember once in a while cut worms use to do a number on them and they  came back.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great minds think a like HD,  second year on the waste high garden. It sure is nice to cover early on for the seeds or if frost is in the forecast. The boy made the 6 dollar trellis,  not bad.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Great minds think a like HD,  second year on the waste high garden. It sure is nice to cover early on for the seeds or if frost is in the forecast. The boy made the 6 dollar trellis,  not bad.

I like it!  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Didn't think I would get it done but the gardens are planted. Almost didn't make the Memorial Day cutoff.  The squash, pumpkins, gords, tomatos, potatoes, oinons, peppers, canna lilies, gladiolas, and cukes got planted today.  Long day but wanted to get it done in time for the rain. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I am pretty well finished also. I still have to transplant melons under row covers yet. Also have to plant my third batch of sweet corn next week. The fourth batch around June 15 and the last batch the end of June......Sweet corn from the last week of July through Sept.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ive nuthing in. dont know iff ill make it this year with a garden.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
took a good peek at the garden last night. things are progressing nicely. the winter onions are staring to get the seed packs on them so there are done for the year.

appears I will be done with asparagus as I wont get a chance to check then till late next week.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
took a good peek at the garden last night. things are progressing nicely. the winter onions are staring to get the seed packs on them so there are done for the year.

appears I will be done with asparagus as I wont get a chance to check then till late next week.

You know I could help with that.

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
go ahead..i don't care!!!!!! just gotta talk to my friend so you don't get a load of buckshot!!!!!! take some winter onions!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
go ahead..i don't care!!!!!! just gotta talk to my friend so you don't get a load of buckshot!!!!!! take some winter onions!!!!!!

:Clap:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thinkin  I will be filing crop failure paperwork with the insurance company on my green beans and kalarabi!!!gonna need to replant some!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Another working weekend. ....the gardens have all been tilled for weeds, and the zucchini have been barricaded against the onslaught of deer... lol!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Great minds think alike.  I tilled and hilled up the taters today.  Wow they grew like weeds the last week.
« Last Edit: June 06/05/16, 09:10:06 PM by The General »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
$^^$###$%^# deer got me a few days ago. They got me bad. :bonk: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
HD, Wow, that's some barricade.  That should keep out charging elephants.
My gardens are way behind (except the flowers) due to my late planting.  I'm
sure they will catch up when it gets hot out. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got the garden weeded, cans off all the plants, replanted some green beans, carrots and kalarabi.

the green beans where an heirloom and half the bag of seeds were broken and crushed. pretty disappointed in them. I amy not have many beans this year which sucks. I can or pickle most of them.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
We planted our garden this past weekend also. We planted six tomato and six pepper plants that we hard started in the house earlier this spring. Then we planted a couple rows of green beans, a row of carrots, a row of radishes, two rows of sweet corn, a few squash, a few cucumbers, and a couple zucchinis.

www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lawn and garden got a well needed drink of water tonite!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
2 and 2/10ths here so far. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a very short break and went to look see. Had just a bit over an inch but it's still raining.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just finished vegetable garden planting today. Put nitrogen on and tilled everything as the lambsquarter and waterhemp were starting to get ugly. My leftover sweet corn seed didn't pan out so well so had a do-over with some fresh seed. Planted another area to sweet corn as well since I had plenty of seed and don't want to carry over any more than necessary. Also stuck in a couple rows of string beans about 30' long so that should give the bunnies something to nosh. Will have to start carrying my blunderbuss.  :fudd: Tomatoes are really starting to hit their stride and the muskmelons seemed to appreciate the weeding I gave them. Would be nice to get some good ones again for a change.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I keep my sweet corn seed in the refrigerator and it seems to retain its germination.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Keeping it cool yet above freezing is never a bad idea.This seed also had a heavy dose of neonicotinoid seed treatment (imadacloprid) on it which may not have helped. Tingles a little if you get it on your fingers. At least I don't have crabs though! 😎 Usually I remember to get new stuff from the local seed dealer but I usually wait until all his paying customers are taken care of first. They had Ambrosia, a 75 day bicolor SE so got that. Had it 10 years ago probably and it was decent.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Seeded my last 2 batches of sweet corn today. Should be ready in Sept. I have 5 batches seeded about 2 weeks apart. Grandkids love this stuff.

Northern Xtra Sweet....67 days

Mirai 148 Y.......72 days.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Stuff is getting big!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
garden is doing great.................except the green beans!!!!!!!!! ^&$#@*&^!!!!!!!!! filling out the crop failure paperwork tonite.