Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900194 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Reb after all this talk of Oriental cuisine...oh, and a cortisone shot   training-087

https://t.co/btsnyYcPUz
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I obtained massive air yday when he pushed the 3rd needle in......EEYOOOOW!!!!! :censored:

Speaking of, I picked up a bottle of Korean BBQ sauce today to massage my chicky with.
No maserati yet, though. Rice-a-roni gonna haveta do.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 02/04/20, 02:24:02 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I prefer the brown Minute Rice or better yet wild rice... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
just had my Korean BBQ pork and rice. Pretty tasty stuff. Needs a bit of bite to it, though. Might haveta add some hot pepper flakes. Give myself that Shakira tongue. That might become a new bling phrase; sorta like uptick or BITE ME.     :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I prefer the brown Minute Rice or better yet wild rice... :coffee:

Real wild rice, or fake, like that new Burger King fake burger that's full of sodium and crap and textured protein and stuff that'll make yer hair stand on end and doesn't taste anything like meat?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Never heard of fake wild rice?? :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No doubt Reb, the stuff from the Ojibwe in northern MN's White Earth Reservation or The First Nations where we frequent in Canada is better than the paddy raised stuff, especially the crud from CA. The lamb and wild rice soup my Canadian friend made w/the lamb shank roast we grilled there is still etched upon on my mind. The leftovers warmed up sure thawed my frozen @ss out after working on the well a few Decembers back. Unfortunately many will never know the difference. Even Minute Rice and Uncle Ben's have a long grained and wild rice combo that has some brown stuff in it that's reputedly wild rice. It probably has more fiber than traditional rice tho so that should make Barry happy! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's one of 'em. I like Uncle Ben's, but their "wild rice" has about 13 grains of it in the box....and it looks funny. Wonder if he's related to Aunt Jemima? The pics of them on the product should get a rally going here to pull 'em off the shelves... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 02/05/20, 07:51:55 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking of you on Monday Dotch.  On Food Paradise they served a lamb shank to a guy.  It was cooked so tender it was juicy and almost falling off the bone like a nice chuck roast.  Each person got their own shank.  I was drooling for sure!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
just had my Korean BBQ pork and rice. Pretty tasty stuff. Needs a bit of bite to it, though. Might haveta add some hot pepper flakes. Give myself that Shakira tongue. That might become a new bling phrase; sorta like uptick or BITE ME.     :rotflmao:

Try some of the Gochujang.   I like it a lot, a little bit like hoisin.   It is a thick paste made of chili and a bunch of stuff.

"Gochujang or red chili paste is a savory, sweet, and spicy fermented condiment made from chili powder, glutinous rice, meju powder, yeotgireum, and salt. The sweetness comes from the starch of cooked glutinous rice, cultured with saccharifying enzymes during the fermentation process.Wikipedia"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes Del, I buy gochujang in 3 pound tubs at a Korean store here.  Use it in Asian dishes like hot chicken.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
grilled top sirloin, cooked to a perfect medium rare, and my side dishes were great for lunch!!  and yes cottage cheese with chives too!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tonitez menu is grilled meat raffle steak, some kinda package potatoes. Cleaning out the cupboard. :pouty: and a veggie, that's still under advisement. :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Tonitez menu is grilled meat raffle steak, some kinda package potatoes. Cleaning out the cupboard. :pouty: and a veggie, that's still under advisement. :scratch:
and topped with cottage cheese!!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and topped with cottage cheese!!  :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :mooning: not in this house, specially when I be da cook. :happy1:

UFFDA dat was good. Only thing better then a chunk of cow on the grill is a chunk of cow over charcoal on a grill!! :happy1:

I see a bowl of chocolate ice cream later fer dessert. :nerd:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Fish are cut up and put away now it's time fer some dead cow , taters shrooms and a salad that was missing cottage cheese..dang it!!  :angry2:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I got the grill going also.  This could be for the 30 day challenge as well.  Bnls strip steaks with copy cat recipe from Chipotle resturant.  Fried green peppers with purple onions for a side.  good luck.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
AWESOME, RH!
Please share the copy cat chipotle recipe if you have it!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
2 T olive oil
2 large green peppers sliced up
2 purple onions sliced [I left them in rings]
1 tsp ground oregano [or to taste]
salt and pepper to taste [ they say 1/2 tsp ea.]

Put everything in the large frying pan and fry until the tenderness you desire.

Pretty simple, I was surprised how simple.  I think you can add stuff like garlic powder or more if you want.  But I had it like it was.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like a green leafy thing in there RH. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I slow cook that combo sans the oregano, in worcestshire sauce with added mushroom slices and some onion powder....
« Last Edit: February 02/17/20, 03:01:59 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I slow cook that combo sans the oregano, in worcestshire sauce with added mushroom slices and some onion powder....
and stewed tomatoes!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, ya I forgot that I put in some cilantro toward the end.  Thanks for reminding me.  My wife wanted that in there.  good luck. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The reason I asked RH is cuz I am curious to use more of that green leafy stuff. Let me clarify that.  I mean as in cilantro, parsley, arugula, etc.  Have always wondered how much to use and how long it lasts if you only use part of it?
« Last Edit: February 02/17/20, 07:07:55 PM by LPS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Cilantro and parsley will last maybe a week in the fridge.    Arugula, probably longer.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose one could put some in a salad to use it up?

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, if you like Cilantro.   Some folks don't, like my wife.   Tastes like soap to them.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cilantro and parsley will last maybe a week in the fridge.    Arugula, probably longer.

It's delicous. Wonderful aroma. Not spendy, either. Cilantro stems and leaves is chinee parsley in the US. Elsewhere it's Coriander.
Dried cilantro in a jar lasts a long time. Like 6 months. I use quite a bit in mexican stuff I cook, and chili and dips. And taco meat. And salsa. Most mexican food has a lot of it in it.
« Last Edit: February 02/17/20, 08:26:32 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You can buy a big bunch of fresh cilantro (or parsley) at wally world for like a buck or two.