Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900933 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thanks reiny but i must cconffess the butts im not doing. due to time, im having a trusted smoker do them ffor me, back straps im doing tho. just need help with the quantity
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a great idea Boar.  Looks awesome.  Hide that just for you....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Sweet-tea soaked chicken breasts over the charcoal weber with a handful of apple wood, and whatever sides I can figure out to whip up.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looking like a brats and burgers kind of weekend. Got the brats and all I have to do is thaw a couple packages of burger to be set. Would like to do something more creative but getting no help on cooking, creating and clean up tends to dull my sense of adventure anymore.  :banghead:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like baby backs and salad today for us.  Just got done mowing the grass before a rain system moves in [or not].  Have to get some beer.  that has many food groups in it.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Must of been store bought brats  :laughroll:good luck.

Offline McGurk

• Outdoorsman
"I never sausage a thing in my life!" - local neighbor.
Good Luck! McGurk

"I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is my part of a baby back rib with Reinhards Caught A Buzz sauce.  Had salad on the side.  good luck.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
On Sunday I am going to do some baby backs.  Not sure what I will have with them.  I may be able to pick another batch of asparagus to go with them.  Might have to make a tuna salad.  The wife loves that.  Will also get that pork belly soaking in the Pop's brine since I got the #1 cure now.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Gona be a hot weekend so looks like you have some good stuff coming up.  I'm doing ribs also.  That bacon sounds good too.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ill.swap.u some cc baccon. ffor a sameple off ur baccon. when its done, lps. ive just over a week and a day or 2 yet till i smoke. hope iturns out i acctuall used tender quicck, its what i had on hand at the time. not sure the difffferencce.
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
With Tenderquick you need to use  1 tablespoon for every pound of meat.  With Prague #1 which is the same as Cure #1 you use 1 tablespoon for the entire gallon of Pop's Brine.  Not good to interchange one for the other.  Dew posted a great article on the different types of salts and cures the other day.  Very good info.  I got the Prague #1 on Amazon in a nice 1lb jar for $9.99 with free shipping.  Came in two days. 

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 We pulled a full rack of ribs outta da freezer today,Looks like Sunday will be our day to do a indirect heat over some oak and apple wood on the weber. Its gonna be so warm an humid we decided to wait till then and a bit lower dewpoint an heat.Till then its inside wit the air condition running.
 I got a great tatter salad recipe and the absolute best coleslaw recipe I'll post soon..These racks are so big for two of us Auld pharts the brisket end will be re frozen for ribs an kraut come cool weather!
 We normally invite friends for ribs too hot for entertaining!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea sounds like this weekend all ya gotta so is set the meat outside!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Just got home and put 2 burgers on the grill. So fast and doesn't heat up the house.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You got that right. After a day out in the sun gardening and lawn mowing it cooled down nicely. A GT and grilling were definitely in order. The Gt's definitely helped deaden the pain from the nasty little stable flies that wouldn't leave me alone while manning the grill.  :happy1:

Lamburgers with McCormick Hamburger seasoning and chicken breasts with curry powder and Lawry's seasoned salt. Very simple but very quick. Also very delicious.  ;) Had some of the last of the garden radishes, some sweet pickles and mixed vegetables to round out the plate. Hadn't eaten anything all day so I was starved. Should sleep well tonight.  ;D

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice meal Dotch!!!  Picked up some strip steaks that were on sale along with some asparagus.  good luck.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dang fellas both of those meals look fantastic.  We did some chicken wings on Nagatha2 last night.  One with a soy sauce marinade and one in teriyaki.  Along with some cheesy potatoes, radishes from the garden, and corn.  Nagatha1 did all of the cooking.  I did laugh a little watching Nagatha1 using Nagatha2.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, are stable flies the fast ones that bite your ankles?   I was never sure what to call them, at least in polite company.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Dotch, are stable flies the fast ones that bite your ankles?   I was never sure what to call them, at least in polite company.
got that right them ankle biting @#$^*&$@# things!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Yeah that be them. They're having a banner year for whatever reason. I'm sure the warm winter didn't hurt their mortality.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Whew! Long weekend and finally able to exhale. Did the Back to the Fifties car show on Saturday. What a zoo! Drove the Silver Hawk up and back. It was a blast! Also a hit with the attendees. Had to wipe a bunch of marks off it down about knee level. Determined they were boobie prints.  ;) Father's Day today. Wife took off for a sheep show. Gone for a week so am left to my own devices. Spread fertilizer on the pasture and two hayfields. Mowed the road cut (nasty) then mowed the windbreak. Did chores, composted a dead and after checking the ewes at the other pasture, decided it was time to eat something. Lamburgers with mesquite seasoning, some sweetcorn, a few veggies and aronia berry crisp and ice cream for dessert. Was listening to Beatles while cooking, hoping to get back in the mood to reprise my role in our little rock  'n roll band for our 40th class reunion. Haven't been feeling it but it ain't like Zeppelin getting back together or anything I guess.  :rocker;

« Last Edit: June 06/20/16, 09:12:09 AM by Dotch »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking care and meal Dotch!!  Beatles are my all time favorite.  good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys. That strip steak looks extremely edible not to mention the asparagus RH.  :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Now I'm getting hungry :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Been years since I did lamb,but broke down and did a 8 bone rack after two days in a marinade and garlic/rosemary rub,cut each bone separate.looked like little meaty lolly pops,no pics this time but have a 2nd rack going down this weekend,pics will come later.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had burgers out at the hunting cabin the other day.  I had to move the bird nest out of the grill so the eggs wouldn't get cooked.  I put it back after the grill cooled.  Momma didn't care.  I had tried keep her out but she was a persistent one.  At one point I threw out her nest with eggs but she rebuilt and laid eggs again so I decided to let her be.  Steaks with the kids and grand kids on fathers day and just brats today.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Last evening it was thick cut pork steaks,Marinated in Terragon white vinegar an olive oil to tenderize,slow 250 cook for 30 minutes each side then the heat went full bore to brown the pineapple slices and sweet red pepper with some onion including the green tops and to char the pork.

Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
beutifull!! great job!!
78.50"