Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 907596 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks EH! Had ANOTHER tooth extracted today bone infection that been around for 3 years!! Just cause I was drugged so much and they said over indulgence of antibodies!! and it cant be controlled with antibodies now! Friggin soup for a couple days now and tonight it's got to be cold.Boy I love that :doah:
 Maybe I'll change from dew2 to the toothless wonder??Tonight its cold sopa de pollo con fideos .Maybe I'll lose some weight??
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I know two guys who have had jawbone infections.   Both had 6? weeks of Intervenous antibiotics via a central line, administered daily (at Mayo Clinic, St Mary's campus)   If your guy has been fooling around for 3 years you need to get a new doctor right away.   Seem to me the doctor you have is incompetent, sorry to say.   

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
All those meals look marvelous guys. I think if it were me dew2 I wouldn't change a thing.  That meal on the grill in a blender with a little beer for a base would suit me just fine... ;)   Here's to a fast recovery  :happy1:

Offline Cherrywood

• Outdoorsman
Teriyaki pork steaks :) not a great presentation but meh.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah,  nothing wrong with a blade steak ch.  Looks dynamite.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Country style ribs, fried taters with garlic & onion, and fresh greens from the garden.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Low country boil with Leech Lake Rusty Crawdads was for dinner last night with a side of fresh walleye grilled with Greek seasoning..No one went hungry !!  Every 4Th its a tradition..  Hope all have a happy and safe 4th.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Opps forgot the pic.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Leg of lamb x 2 about ready to come off the grill. Steak rub and a couple hunks of fresh crabapple wood for additional smoke. As good as it looked. Brought only a few measly pieces home from the bash I cooked it for.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Cherrywood

• Outdoorsman
bout to start prepin my tri tip. was gonna do a brisket but, i couldn't find one i liked.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Leg of lamb x 2 about ready to come off the grill. Steak rub and a couple hunks of fresh crabapple wood for additional smoke. As good as it looked. Brought only a few measly pieces home from the bash I cooked it for.
MMMM Mouth watering!!The other redmeat an we love it.I learned from Lebanense/Syrian friends to cook it with garlic mayo,on flat bread with grilled veggies.OH so good and then kibbie a raw lamb mixed with bulgar wheat,mint leaves an garlic. I keep a jar of the garlic in the fridge all the time. Its tough to make but if you like garlic google Lebanese garlic sauce you'll find many recipes to get it to get to the consistency of mayo is trickie! but for garlic lovers its top o the line!

When is supper?? we're on our way for leftovers!! save a bite or two AH Haha I think you live hours away from us!!?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mmmmm...that does sound good. I know I've been looking for a recipe a friend and I made that used plain yogurt, raw chopped ginger root and garlic. It was of middle eastern origin so maybe I can locate it or something like it looking at the Lebanese garlic sauce info. My little fat buddy from Bemidji's son works on Andrew Zimmern's TV show. I talked to him after he returned from Israel about a year ago. He said too that the lamb dishes from that neck of the woods were out of this planet, probably because they've been at it longer than anybody else.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Mmmmm...that does sound good. I know I've been looking for a recipe a friend and I made that used plain yogurt, raw chopped ginger root and garlic. It was of middle eastern origin so maybe I can locate it or something like it looking at the Lebanese garlic sauce info. My little fat buddy from Bemidji's son works on Andrew Zimmern's TV show. I talked to him after he returned from Israel about a year ago. He said too that the lamb dishes from that neck of the woods were out of this planet, probably because they've been at it longer than anybody else.  :happy1:
I have the recipe and will share the thing is to get the oil, lemon juice an garlic to to uh?I forgot the word for the chemical process??
 I used to male it in a blender then I got a submersion blender and that seems to work better.
 One head a garlic peeled and cleaned cloves put into a blender,add abit of oil of yer choice (Mideastern is olive oil our tastes dont fit that flavor well) 1 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice.Run blender to pulverize garlic cloves VERY WELL. Then drizzle in the oil slowly till a mayo consistency is achieved. Keep a rubber spatula scraping the blender sides scraped to incorporate all the mix down in the paste. Thats it. Now if the mix aint mayo consistancy add a egg white or tow to save it and keep blending!! The egg white aint origional but it will thicken to mayo like. and save the sauce

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my grill got a good cleaning this weekend. pressure washer and all. broke it back in with some venny steaks!!!!!!! yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
What's on Dotch's grill this weekend? Cheeburger! Cheeburger! Cheeburger! No fries! Cheeps! No Coke! Pepsi!
Lamburgers seasoned with Smokehouse Maple and grilled with hickory charcoal. Swiss cheese, a little slaw, a few baked beans and we're good to go. Seasoning melded well with the lamb. Allowed the subtle nuances of the mild flavored lamb to express themselves without the seasoning being overbearing. Nummy!  ;D

« Last Edit: July 07/10/16, 10:30:04 PM by Dotch »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great Dotch!!!!!  good luck.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Definitely looks like a winner :happy1:

I love baked beans and every time I see them it reminds me, "How 'bout some more beans Mr. Taggart?"

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Grilled boneless chicken breasts kabobs with pineapple chucks, sweet onion, and red and orange bell peppers on the stick.  Used my Korean Kalbi as as a marinade and as for brushing it on the kabobs during grilling.  I marinaded the chicken prior to putting them on the sticks.  Nothing for a side just the sticks this time.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man that looks good reiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I would say that looks good.  I'd love to eat that for breakfast right now.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks beautimous RH! My favorite kind of skewers; the kind you don't have to clean up!  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We haven't had kabobs for a long time.  Good idea RH.  They look great.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Tonight, we are do'in pork chops on da grill.
BUT.....We are gonna deep fry some zucchini, onion rings, califower.....and pickles.....yes, I  said pickles....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Oops...forgot...deep fried jalapeƱos too....

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama threw in some baby yellow taters to deep fry....

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mmmmm...looks awesome HD.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That sure looks good HD!!!!  We brought the grandkids back home and had some great ribs prepared by my son-in-law.  Had some sides to choose from and fruit also.  When meal time came it was down to corn and the ribs.  Both of my son-in-laws are getting the smoking thing down pretty good now.  good luck.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Looks great guys.  I hoping to have time this weekend to get Nagatha 2 up and smokin.