Minnesota Outdoorsman - Minnesota Fishing and Hunting Reports

Author Topic: What's on the grill this weekend?  (Read 23626 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Re: What's on the grill this weekend?
« Reply #930 on: June 18, 2017, 11:49:31 PM »
I hope you had KATCHUP there Boober! Them onion guys like that I'm told. Great looking vittles!  :happy1:

Mrs,. Cheviot left for the week this a.m. so I'm left to my own devices. Amazing how much I can accomplish when I'm not constantly evading her advances!  :bonk: I sprayed a couple patches of thistles I couldn't get at with the 4 wheeler, weed whipped for 4 hours then mowed the backyard. Did chores  and decided that as fast as the string beans were coming up, it was time to erect a bunny fence. Got it almost in place and a thundershower came up out of nowhere. I got soaked and so did Ruby. Ran to the neighbors and the fence there was grounded out. A 15 minute nature hike later I had it functioning. After that, nothing better to do than nosh on the last of the radishes, grill hamburger and lamburger while having a few libations.  :happy1:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:59:56 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #931 on: June 19, 2017, 07:39:04 AM »
Ha! Love Ruby's look! Kinda like me when the NL steps out in her bikini. Good lookin' meal there, Dotcheroo...uh...what are those two white lumps next to the radish? I'm afraid to ask.... :huh:
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself''   Rick Nelson/SCB

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
« Reply #932 on: June 19, 2017, 07:45:31 AM »
Ha! Love Ruby's look! Kinda like me when the NL steps out in her bikini. Good lookin' meal there, Dotcheroo...uh...what are those two white lumps next to the radish? I'm afraid to ask.... :huh:
white lumps.............doah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #933 on: June 19, 2017, 09:06:22 AM »
White radishes maybe.   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #934 on: June 19, 2017, 09:30:01 AM »
Tanks fellers! Ruby was finally drying off. I had been avoiding her because she stunk so bad. Those are indeed white globe radishes. Locally they are the only kind the Norwegians will eat. The red ones are way too spicy for them.  ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #935 on: June 19, 2017, 09:32:08 AM »
Do you haveta peel them or something? They look kinda chunked up.... :rotflmao:
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself''   Rick Nelson/SCB

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #936 on: June 19, 2017, 09:51:48 AM »
Can blame Mrs. Cheviot for their appearance Reb. She's half Norwegian. Vegetable matter seldom passes her lips so she is unfamiliar with processing them. I pulled all the radishes before working the small garden up. After tilling I went to take the tops off and she'd already done part of them. She cuts way more off than I usually do. And they were the last of the crop, rather large not to mention a little misshapen. With our black soil, they rarely look snowball white like the ones on the seed packets. They're off-white no matter how hard you scrub them. Very tasty though and work great in a late summer seeded scenario for fall harvest. That worked especially well behind the early potatoes we used to grow. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #937 on: June 19, 2017, 09:54:31 AM »
Dotch, kind of remindes me of Daikon radish.  I love those.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #938 on: June 19, 2017, 10:04:58 AM »
Might haveta look for some of those. I like radishes.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #939 on: June 19, 2017, 10:14:32 AM »
Be careful out there.   This would be a tragedy....

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/06/12/tick-triggered-meat-allergy-alpha-gal-spreads-north-mn

Rare tick-triggered meat allergy spreads in northern Minnesota

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
« Reply #940 on: June 19, 2017, 10:17:16 AM »
Looks good Dotch! Someday I'm have to try a lamb burger!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #941 on: June 21, 2017, 04:45:35 PM »
Grilled chicky thighs, caesar salad wid everything, and 'tater salad. Chocolate ice cream bar for dessert. :tongue:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #942 on: June 21, 2017, 05:04:59 PM »
Man that looks wonnerful dotch, I hear ya on the wet dog smell. Atta boy reb, that'll be mighty fine, I gots no charcoal after last weekend so I'll be watching and wishing here!! Looking like bacon grilled cheese on the grittle here.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #943 on: June 21, 2017, 05:39:09 PM »
Still love the pic of Ruby staring..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:42:45 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
« Reply #944 on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:20 PM »
Burgers with bacon, side salad from the garden with radishes, lettuce and new cukes....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!