Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900166 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hope you had KATCHUP there Boober! Them onion guys like that I'm told. Great looking vittles!  :happy1:

Mrs,. Cheviot left for the week this a.m. so I'm left to my own devices. Amazing how much I can accomplish when I'm not constantly evading her advances!  :bonk: I sprayed a couple patches of thistles I couldn't get at with the 4 wheeler, weed whipped for 4 hours then mowed the backyard. Did chores  and decided that as fast as the string beans were coming up, it was time to erect a bunny fence. Got it almost in place and a thundershower came up out of nowhere. I got soaked and so did Ruby. Ran to the neighbors and the fence there was grounded out. A 15 minute nature hike later I had it functioning. After that, nothing better to do than nosh on the last of the radishes, grill hamburger and lamburger while having a few libations.  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/19/17, 12:10:26 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ha! Love Ruby's look! Kinda like me when the NL steps out in her bikini. Good lookin' meal there, Dotcheroo...uh...what are those two white lumps next to the radish? I'm afraid to ask.... :huh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ha! Love Ruby's look! Kinda like me when the NL steps out in her bikini. Good lookin' meal there, Dotcheroo...uh...what are those two white lumps next to the radish? I'm afraid to ask.... :huh:
white lumps.............doah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
White radishes maybe.   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Tanks fellers! Ruby was finally drying off. I had been avoiding her because she stunk so bad. Those are indeed white globe radishes. Locally they are the only kind the Norwegians will eat. The red ones are way too spicy for them.  ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you haveta peel them or something? They look kinda chunked up.... :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Can blame Mrs. Cheviot for their appearance Reb. She's half Norwegian. Vegetable matter seldom passes her lips so she is unfamiliar with processing them. I pulled all the radishes before working the small garden up. After tilling I went to take the tops off and she'd already done part of them. She cuts way more off than I usually do. And they were the last of the crop, rather large not to mention a little misshapen. With our black soil, they rarely look snowball white like the ones on the seed packets. They're off-white no matter how hard you scrub them. Very tasty though and work great in a late summer seeded scenario for fall harvest. That worked especially well behind the early potatoes we used to grow. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, kind of remindes me of Daikon radish.  I love those.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Might haveta look for some of those. I like radishes.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Be careful out there.   This would be a tragedy....

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/06/12/tick-triggered-meat-allergy-alpha-gal-spreads-north-mn

Rare tick-triggered meat allergy spreads in northern Minnesota

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Looks good Dotch! Someday I'm have to try a lamb burger!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Grilled chicky thighs, caesar salad wid everything, and 'tater salad. Chocolate ice cream bar for dessert. :tongue:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that looks wonnerful dotch, I hear ya on the wet dog smell. Atta boy reb, that'll be mighty fine, I gots no charcoal after last weekend so I'll be watching and wishing here!! Looking like bacon grilled cheese on the grittle here.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still love the pic of Ruby staring..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: June 06/21/17, 05:53:15 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Burgers with bacon, side salad from the garden with radishes, lettuce and new cukes....

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mmmmmm...Ruby gives it her four paw seal of approval HD!  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

I have to dedicate tonight's creations here to Reb. He keeps talking about chicky. Mrs. Cheviot is not a chicken fan. I hear the "we ate chicken too much when I was a kid" tape played when I bring it up. We ate a lot of chicken too but I never tired of it. She's gone until Saturday and as they say, while the cat is away, the mice will play! Ruby and I decided to get some drumsticks the other day and let our creative juices flow. In other words, use whatever ya got.  :cool: Coated the drumsticks with mesquite then dusted them with curry powder. Sorta Babu Bhatt meets Sam Elliott as Virgil Earp...lol. Coated with Sweet Baby Ray's combined with balsamic dressing and soy sauce to thin it down some, applied the last few minutes on both sides minutes before coming off the grill. The last of my hickory charcoal was thrown into the fray as well. The scientific results: SOB! I'd almost forgotten how good chicky can taste coming off a grill! My deepest gratitude to Reb for giving me the inspiration to go ahead with this project. Went to Eagan and got my registration material today for Back to the 50's so I was stoked! Thanks brother Reb!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

« Last Edit: June 06/23/17, 11:20:25 AM by Dotch »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicken is always on sale somewhere.  I like the GoldnPlump brand myself.  Nice looking plate Dotch.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You ate that all by yourself????

Way to go now rebs gonna get a big head!! :doah: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You ate that all by yourself????

Way to go now rebs gonna get a big head!! :doah: :rotflmao:

Thanks Dotcheroo! Way to go there!!!  Good job!!  :happy1: 
Naa, not me! See that he said "bother" instead of "brother reb?" Subliminal thinking!   :rotflmao: Everyone like da chicky! No matter whatcha do to it, it tastes like chicky!!  Nuttin' better off da grill than some smomed up chicky, IMO.  :tongue:
« Last Edit: June 06/23/17, 07:53:34 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too. Loves me grilled chicky, especially off charcoal. Monma has a tendency to curl her nose at smomed things though! :scratch: :doah: :censored:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 Chicky's a good way to experiment with new sauces ya come up with. I like taking Teriyaki sauce, and adding soy and a bit of western dressing to it to sweeten it. Also use chinese sweet 'n sour glaze, and add soy and mix in some BBQ rub....
then there's orange juice (use the pulpy kind) honey, and apricot jam.... :tongue:

I also go thru lotsa this...love it!

« Last Edit: June 06/23/17, 07:52:41 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
chicken is always a good meal!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicken is always on sale somewhere.  I like the GoldnPlump brand myself.  Nice looking plate Dotch.  good luck.

I do too, RH. Can't find it around here anymore, except at Hy-Vee, and they're too spendy. I see Wally world no longer carries it, they dropped Tyson, and now carry only Perdue...and the price has shot up.   :angry:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Cub used to carry golden plump.   Did they stop?   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a gold n plump right in town!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, take a memory pill!!! I don't shop Cub! 9 miles away, on YER end of town... :bonk:

I just stopped at Sly-Vee, home of the over-priced ripoff, and they don't have GP either.
« Last Edit: June 06/23/17, 11:35:50 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There then! Fixed the spelling error. Odd, I didn't think I'd had that much to drink although the gin bottle might argue otherwise...lol
Not sure whose chicky that was last nite. All I  know is the label said hatched, fed and processed in the USA. Good enough for me. I need to locate some whole chicky's to put on the rotisserie sometime. Might have to check the meat market for that. I like being able to shop in town. If I watch the sales and promotions, looking at the circulars from some of the big towns, doesn't look like there's usually much advantage to making special trips. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer wife don't like chicky??!!! Well, then, next time she starts pawin' atcha, put on a rooster head... :rotflmao: :bonk:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Cub still has GoldnPlump.  They also carry Perdue brand, but I only get that if they have a hot sale.  To me GoldnPlump is the best as far as store bought.  Smart chicken is a good brand as well but on the spendy side.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a gold n plump right in town!

yea I want to see you go there and get some birds!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!