Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900297 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
oh....thought you were breading fish or something with it. You DO know good breading can also be made by crushing seasoned croutons, right? Just ask Reb's Kitchen..... ;)  About now, Del will pop in and give a dissertation on Panko breading.... :rolleyes:

MMMmmmm Panko good.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea but del, you think boiled meat is good!! :mooning: :sleazy: :tut: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Brats on da grill, topped with sour crout, baked beans, catsup, siratch mustard & onions....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Wow! Now that's a loaded brat! And on a new plate yet!!   :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't get lock jaw with that rascal!!!!!!  wow is is that good looking!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tried bacon on the grill, wow!!!!  it sure beat in the pan!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't it fall thru the grates?!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no, only bits here and there....   I it 2 ways, one in the whole package, the other I spread out..   they do it it in the oven, not done that..   this was a good way to go!!!!

and it does not curl much!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/16/17, 07:52:58 PM by mike89 »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, them brats look great for sure and some nice toppings also.  I've done bacon on the grill in indirect heat.  I put the slices on a jerky rack and nothing slips off one of those.  had foil underneath for the drippings.  Everything tastes better outdoors!!  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicky again! Was on sale!  BAGAAWK*  Honey-orange chicky! Caesar salad! Mustard tato salad! Radishes! green tops! Iced tea!  Urp! Burp!
« Last Edit: July 07/17/17, 06:06:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Tough to compete with RH's smomed meatloaf, Reb's chicky and HD's loaded brats but hey, it was too warm to cook inside tonight so we just gave it our best shot. Besides, I had to make sure that bottle of Boodles I just purchased wasn't out of code! Still not sure. Further testing wil be needed.  ;) Grabbed some butterfly chops at Morgan's on my way home, seasoned them up with smokehouse maple, put some plum wood in the smoker box and let 'er buck. Toss some grillin' beans and Mrs. Gerry's potato salad made with spuds from Hollandale on the plate and we were golden.  :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice Dotch.  This low carb diet is working but I do like to look at that good food.  Having Korean Gochujang wings tonight with salad.  Salad Salad Salad  good luck.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Looks great Dotch!

Think'in Chicken fried deer steak tonight  :scratch: .....we'll see.......
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nope.... Just deer chops on da grill, baked tators on the grill....with a garden salad (fresh from the garden) as a side, topped with ranch dressing....

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
You are blessed with a good supply of venison from last years hunt HD.  Great meal.  Hopefully we harvest some this coming season.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Those Bambi chops look great HD!  :hubba: Don't get venison all that often but doing it on the grill is a great way to go. Some of the marinades that work for lamb also worked well on venison. :happy1:

I hear ya on the carb's RH. I was told to start watching them after my doc's appt. a few months ago so the potato salad meal was a "cheater". I've been pretty good and am down about 13 lbs. from my hibernating weight. Cutting the commercial tonic water helped immensely. Cutting stuff like bread and spuds out entirely is tough so just limiting portion size is about the only way to keep my sanity.

In the meantime, just keep on grilling whatever happens to fit. Brats last night, leftover beans and some mixed oriental salad of some kind. It was good but potato salad is tough to beat this time of year. The plate licker doesn't seem to mind.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks tasty to me!   When that swizzle stick looks straight, is it time to quit?   ;)
What have you done to that poor dogs ears?! They're missing again!!  :shocked:

Did you get some of those brats I told ya about yet?   :scratch:
« Last Edit: July 07/20/17, 05:10:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Said aww chuck it today, didn't feel like doin' much cookin' in this heat and hume, so I picked out a nice 14 oz chuck -eye from Fareway and some spring salad. The things are so thick, it takes a bit more than my normal 3-4 minutes a side. Took 5 mns per side, and she just barely hit 130* when I flipped it on the plate. Perfect dark pink medium rare.....  Almost didn't need that knife.   :tongue:  *urp*

« Last Edit: July 07/20/17, 05:18:37 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that looks good Rebs.  I may have to grill a steak this weekend.  OR maybe will look back at the meat loaf recipes that were on here a week ago.  That sounds great too.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
either way would be good LPS!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Does look mighty tasty Reb. And my guess is you didn't need to put it in the bathtub for a few hours in a plastic bag first!  :rotflmao:

So many questions and so little time! Swizzle sticks only look crooked to the naked eye. Or if you're naked and looking at it with your crooked eye! The dog catches on fast. Following my example, she folds her ears down and pretends she doesn't hear. I'm envious. Can wiggle my ears but can't fold them down like that. Can only let my ear hair grow so nothing gets through if/when I don't want to hear it. Makes it tougher for Mrs. Cheviot to determine if I'm really listening or not. Haven't been within a stone's throw of a WW but soon. Out of brats again.  :sad: 
« Last Edit: July 07/21/17, 05:37:22 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a typical female, Dotch. They always lay their ears back, flare their nostrils, and get twitchy, not unlike a horse, before they light into ya. May even lift that upper lip and stamp their feet like a horse, too. :shocked:  ;)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Ring bologna on the grill with a couple Anaheim peppers. On the stove, fried potatoes and our first green beans of the season. Cocktail hour while things are cookin'. The doc told me to lose weight too Dotch, I'll wait and see how it works out for you. After I quit the heaters 17 years ago the pounds started staying with me. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I go in Monday for me physical, I'll get it too...    get those pounds gone!!!!  But the food I like, that will kill me with out and kill me to me!!!!!!  egads!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Plans change often here.... burgers, we thought, changed to Salmon and Tilapia on the grill with seasoned fries from last year's crop & fresh grilled zucchini from the garden.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm...different, that looks good! That's what I need to do... I'm about tired of everything on the grill.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that would be good on the grill too!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Salmon?? Talapia??? :scratch: HD, ya want me to give ya some fish????  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doofus:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Salmon?? Talapia??? :scratch: HD, ya want me to give ya some fish????  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doofus:

Hey.....I told ya I was going to be real busy this summer and wouldn't have time to fish much.... :banghead:
I asked you if you would, catch me some pike for pickling, and all I got was lip service....  :crazy:

Figured that's what union guy's do.....talk alot....and get nuth'in done.....  :mooning: