Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 907698 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
better than being bored!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :crazy:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
5 lb Chuck roast is on, smoking with pecan for a while then I'll put it in a drip pan with some beef broth. Shooting for shredding tgis evening!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
O boy!!! I'll grab the split rolls and be up in a bit!!!  :tongue:  :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that looks good.  I almost bought a chuck roast yesterday.  I love them.  Instead went with chicken thighs for the grill today.  Daniel Boone.  400 degrees for 40 minutes.  Got some Cant believe its not butter in a squirt bottle.  Gonna try that.  Will put a good rub on them first.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After a whirlwind tour and State Fair appearance I finally made it back. Wifey is still gone so that can mean only one thing: Dotch will be grilling chicken! (and maybe having a few libations while he's at it  :happy1:)  Did the mesquite seasoning and finished it with some Sweet Baby Ray's. The garden is coming online nicely so there's more all the time to choose from in that department. Was a little disappointed that the sweet corn wasn't ready when I returned home. Obviously the weather hadn't produced an overabundance of GDU's while I was gone. It's supposed to be August. What's up with that?  :confused:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
WOW a stranger...............welcome back. thought maybe Reb kidnapped ya and held ya to cook for him and the neighbor lady?????????????? :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
WOW a stranger...............welcome back. thought maybe Reb kidnapped ya and held ya to cook for him and the neighbor lady?????????????? :rotflmao:

heh, heh, heh, I've been slipping green beans into his smoothies and he doesn't know it... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Wow! Nice plate Dotch!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats an awsome meal dotch,  welcome back and keep feeding reb the good stuff!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Real men don't drink smoothies.   :drillsergeant:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We did some burgers that we had made last fall...they consist of ground pork, ground venison and ground beef mixed all together with some cheddar cheese chunks (almost taste like a brat burgers). Topped with some Sriracha ranch dressing, Roma's, lettuce, onions, 🍞 and butter pickles (from the garden) and extra Bongards cheese.
Sided with tator wedges and squish from the garden.

« Last Edit: August 08/29/17, 05:01:48 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh good Lord does look and smell good through the phone!!! Set a plate and I'll lick it clean from here Hd!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O MAN!!! I NEED THAT!!!!  :tongue:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I love the squash too!!!!!!

that is great!!!! 

left overs tonight... 

but they are good too...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I still don't feel so hot, so an emergency dinner was prepared.  Marie Callenders creamy mushroom chicken pot pie... :tongue:   Just don't tell anybody.

« Last Edit: August 08/29/17, 07:45:48 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man does that look good HD.  I enjoy learning different peoples family meals.  Years ago a friend of mine from the Mobridge area said they ate pumpkins like squash.  So he showed me.  Take a little pumpkin and cut it in half.  Each half is a individuals meal.   Put each half in a bowl so it sits upright.  Take some burger whether it be pork beef venny etc. and mix it with onions mushrooms whatever you can think of.  Stuff the meat mixture of your choice in the little pumpkin half and then drizzle some maple syrup, butter, honey etc over it.   Put it in the oven for an hour.  Best squash thing I ever had. I even have put some spaghetti sauce in the meat mixture.  Pumpkins are as good as any squash I ever ate.  I will do one soon.

I hope you get to feeling better Rebs.  That pot pie should go down well.   
« Last Edit: August 08/29/17, 07:50:18 PM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I still don't feel so hot, so an emergency dinner was prepared.  Marie Callenders creamy mushroom chicken pot pie... :tongue:   Just don't tell anybody.
it's not a good idea to stray from the neighbor lady! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that pumpkin sounds good...

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Turkey...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ribs...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks like ribs for two Rebs.  Are you keeping secrets from us???  And Del it looks like some big critter took a big bite out of your bird.....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew the NL was still there!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks awesome guys. Musta been a great wing shot I'm  thinkin Lps!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks like ribs for two Rebs.  Are you keeping secrets from us???  And Del it looks like some big critter took a big bite out of your bird.....

My buddy said he'd be over in a bit...at 10:30 am this morning. Figgered that meant around noon, so I started the ribs shortly thereafter. At 3:00, I called him, and heard the usual "I had to stop up to work for a bit and run some errands...be over in a bit..." Told him that was fine, although he didn't specify a time, I was now going to eat and lay down for a bit.  (still hurtin' good from last couple days) Told him to continue on with his errands.  :angry:
I've now got dinner for the next couple nites.  Fine by me. Saves on cookin'.
« Last Edit: September 09/04/17, 06:32:23 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't waste that carkas Reb. Boil that bad boy up, throw a little extra meat in there. Make for some mighty fine tasting soup.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've chomped one rack down already...*burp*   :tongue:  He's on my sh** list. Pile of food made, and most went in the 'fridge. Stop down for lunch tomorrow. I'll feed ya well.    :azn:       
I still like dogs better than people. 
« Last Edit: September 09/04/17, 07:08:26 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Some critter bit off the wings and the behind and both legs and the back and then snuck it into the freezer at Tarjay last winter.   Needed to get it out of my freezer...  It does look sort of weird from that angle though, I have to admit.