Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900399 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Geez coffee, that looks just awesome!

Just got done grilling 7 dozen weenies for my meeting on Tuedsday. Let 'em cool off before putting them in plastic bags in da fridge so house smells fabulous. Wifey's gonna start chasin' me again Boober, I just knows it!  :huh:

For da meeting we layer da bottom of a roaster with kraut, dump da weenies on top den let it cook on low a couple hours. Beans in a crockpot, some cheeps, beverages & cookies.  :happy1:
so Dotch.................anything actually get accomplished at these said meetings??????? :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Prolly about as much as at a union hall thug meeting.  :shocked: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Prolly about as much as at a union hall thug meeting.  :shocked: :rotflmao:
:angry2: :tut: :tut: don't you gotta go chase some skuirrels!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great Dotch.  What kind of weiners do you cook?  When I was with the Rod and Gun Club we did Ambassador weiners with onions and beer.

Yup, dare Ambassador weenies. I had pear wood leftover in the smoker boxes from the lambborgers the other nite so they got a good dose of dat.

You just hesh up, you little blue fart. We talks about all kindsa stuff, just none of it important enough to remember!  :bonk: :happy1: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After a game delay, (dispatched Pepe LePew in the backyard and had to wait for the stench to dissipate) got the grill cranked up under the lights. Can't wait until the solar lights are back in place and it's warm enough to be out there without a jacket on. Used some Steakhouse onion burger seasoning, added a little pear wood to the smoker boxes and let 'er buck. Some tossed salad & peas as sides washed down with some 1%. OK, I had a Busch Light while I was grilling! Lamburger is still tough to beat medium rare.  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
On the grill: Mesquite chicky, tatapo salad, bourbon beans.   

« Last Edit: April 04/12/18, 05:43:45 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to beat burglars and drummies, looking smashing guys! Storm, what storm? Kaboobs this,away with taters and beans..

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to beat burglars and drummies, looking smashing guys! Storm, what storm? Kaboobs this,away with taters and beans..

good eats!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya looks great.  I am in the mood to grill some chicken.  Maybe tomorrow.  I have a nice ribeye all seasoned up for grilling tonight.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Looks great Bobber!  :happy1: .....We got so much wind here, I won't be able to keep the grill lit......

I got some pigger chops I was gonna cook fer dinner....might just hav'ta fry um....  :pouty:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have chicken thighs marinating in 1/2 cup olive oil, good shot of vinegar, shot of soy sauce, shot of Worcestershire sauce, little sugar, kosher salt.  In a gallon zip loc till later then will grill.  May do a light dose of bbq sauce on them while on the grill.  I usually do them at 350 for an hour.  With hickory pellets.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice lookin' chicky Reb and kebobs are my faves Boober. Hope HD & LPS were able to get 'er done. Sounded delish and I'm getting anxious to grill again once the glacier gets off the grill. I don't ever recall shoveling being part of the deal every time. What's up with that?  :confused:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Cheese and rice! Doesn't anyone grill anymore?  :rotflmao:

Warming up on some bone in pork cops before the main event on Sunday w/several NY strips. When Mrs.Cheviot came home I ran from the house and hid in the CRP until I was certain she was asleep.  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The chops look great Dotch.  May have to do some soon.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Chops look tasty, but doesn't that silly swizzle stick get stuck up yer nose after the ninth chin und tawnic?? :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Took Boober's advice and got all da deck stuff out. Notice snow in the background...60* though.
Hickory smoked (ran out of apple wood) pigger steaks, slathered in BBQ sauce, spring salad, bourbon beans, green tops, fresh radishes.....Hoo boy, that first real grill out. Da smoke was just rolling across the neighborhood.  :happy1: :tongue:

« Last Edit: April 04/22/18, 05:29:01 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep them chops look awsome dotch !! Looking good Reb,  patio and dinner. With that meal a bunch of smoke I'd have a side arm at da table as Well!!  :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: April 04/22/18, 05:43:54 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I kinda overdid it on da smoke.  :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I kinda overdid it on da smoke.  :rotflmao:

that's hard to do!!!  the over smoke!!!  snow every where when I went for the bike ride too, but the water is sure running!!!  creeks and rivers are getting full for sure!!

dang good good looking eats all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The sap is really coming outta my birch...watched it drip*drip*drip while relaxing.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mmmm...looks mighty tasty Reb. Mighty relaxing too. Now you can watch those Japanese beetles copulate in comfort!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

After I got the swizzle stick removed from my nose, I went on a tear. Lots of apple wood to use up after my pruning exploits. Lamborgers & provolone  Saturday night and then NY strips yesterday when we had company. Strips were good but they weren't as tender as some I've had. Next time I do strips I'll give Fareway a whirl again. Still haven't had a better one than the ones I got there a couple years ago.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ooh! Woolie burgers with provolone!! And strips! Doin' it up right, Dotcheroo! :happy1:

I had swiss and cheddar burglars stuffed with onyums, on corn-dusted sourdough rolls. Bourbon beans, and bacon cheddar pasta... :tongue:

Cooked to the perfect medium-rare....*NOM*NOM*

« Last Edit: April 04/24/18, 05:31:20 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang looks and sounds great!!!!  hope ya enjoyed it too!!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had a mouthgasm.   :shocked:    :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch:  so now you are drooling all over everything in the house????  go to the NL house!!!   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
She's out on the West coast right now!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there's that seks thing again. :confused: :tut: :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman