Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900269 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ahh, go lick a ketchup bottle!  :moon:
:rotflmao: I did notice da katchup on your burgers!! :happy1: :happy1: I knew you'd come around!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And da perfect level of doneness. Didn't even have to boil it first!  ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man guys, burglarinos galore, good job reb and dotch  :happy1: With strip steaks to boot!! Mouthgasm,  I ain't touchin tgat one.. Meat loaf outside tonight.  Gotta love that mini i grill probe. Dang, it turned out nice and crispy on da bottom.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the only thing I can say about that meal Bobber is, it's not mine!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You betcha Boober! Never thought of trying meatloaf on da grill. Dat idear intrigues me... :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/25/18, 10:27:06 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great to me! I've always looked at meatloaf as a Reb-sized burger!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Aside from meatloaf which looks darn good and on the menu this weekend has anyone herd of a ribeye roast called "no roll ribeye" local butcher had these slabs laying out,I grabed one and cut it into 5 thick steaks about 2-3"s thick...roasted one the 1st night,had beef jerky more tender,shoe leather...Last night hi temp grill over coals and lump cherry wood,came out like charred shoe leather...

Moral of this story don't buy one of these roasts even tho they are on sale $3.99/lb.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You betcha Boober! Never thought of trying meatloaf on da grill. Dat idear intrigues me... :scratch:
\

Dotch, try them smoked!!!!  always great!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Aside from meatloaf which looks darn good and on the menu this weekend has anyone herd of a ribeye roast called "no roll ribeye" local butcher had these slabs laying out,I grabed one and cut it into 5 thick steaks about 2-3"s thick...roasted one the 1st night,had beef jerky more tender,shoe leather...Last night hi temp grill over coals and lump cherry wood,came out like charred shoe leather...

Moral of this story don't buy one of these roasts even tho they are on sale $3.99/lb.

Snow,
I think if I have it figured out right, it's most likely a select ribeye from a cow or some other low grade beef...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Da Mrs. is prolly not a meatloaf fan so I'd hafta put it on the list of food I make when she's not around. Be fun to try on the charcoal Weber w/some applewood or some other species from the yard. And I bet I could get lit while doing it... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ya snow, maybe it's some leftovers from those Best Steakhouses that dotted the Twin Cities landscape once upon a time!  :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Or some of dose pesky skwirrels..... :shocked:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Moral of this story is sous vide it at 130 for 24 or so hours.... Then give a sear....

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Moral of this story is sous vide it at 130 for 24 or so hours.... Then give a sear....
Good to know snow. I believe id try cold smoking a " roll" then put in a slow cooker with a bullion or some au Jus. ( a cheaper way of tenderizing del)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You can get a circulator for not a great deal more than a slow cooker, actually.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And even cheaper, a percolator!  :bonk:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just don't buy junk cuts of meat!!!!  that's all!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Grilled chicky quarters, cheddar bacon salad, cole slaw...... :tongue:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

got the 1/4 up here on sale this 49 cents a pound!!  going to get some!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
.49 a lb????! Get me a truckload, too!  :tongue:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

got the 1/4 up here on sale this 49 cents a pound!!  going to get some!!
Who has them onsale? I been waiting to see that sale.That one and the Bacon sales
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Eldens in Alex.. 10 pounds of 1/4 for $4.99..  bacon 10 pounds for $16.99...  May 3rd to the 5th... only... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Ya sly dog! Ya wait till the wind is outta the other direction and grill chicky so's I don't hafta suffer. Looks mouthwatering... :hubba: Gotta get the Mrs. schedule figured out so's I can grill chicky again. Need a fix soon... :cool:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
On da grill tonite...two-cheese hickory burglars, red skin tater salad, cole slaw.  :tongue:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
It's getting there

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:hubba:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good fellers!!!!