Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 901126 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Brat burgers from the butcher on toasted sesame seed buns. (thanks for the idea, Mikey!) Spring salad, slaw, and the usual accompaniments.  :tongue:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Brat burgers from the butcher on toasted sesame seed buns. (thanks for the idea, Mikey!) Spring salad, slaw, and the usual accompaniments.  :tongue:
Hows that go??  2 beef patties???????????????On a toasted sesame seed bun an special sauce??Mikey likes it EH!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup! Didn't really care for 'em. Kinda salty, and they swelled way up....weird. Kinda like eating a breakfast sausage, but it was something different.  :rolleyes:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
depends some times where ya get them too...  to bad Rebs!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got 'em yday, fresh outta the butcher case at Fareway......I'm not big on brats, anyway.
« Last Edit: June 06/28/18, 07:25:45 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great looking steaks n chops Dotch, nuttin wrong with a little range clashing. Ya it varies Reb when it comes to those brat parties, but I don't mind em. Speaking of that I'm gonna fry up some brats on the hood of my truck in a bit, probably could at these temps!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ah, I can just see the neighbors wondering what Boober's up to. Of course they might be used to it by now.  :bonk:

Yer meal sure looked good Reb. I find too that I'm less enamored with brats than I used to be. Last batch of Johnsonvilles I bought on sale were awful, even worse than usual. Tasted like they'd left the boar pig meat switch on a little too long. Ish. At least the dog thought they were OK. Left some piles in the yard that looked just like them and probably would've tasted better!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord, I ment brat patties... friggen auto correct.  :crazy: Tonight we're trying Cubs smokehouse, but still ya never know what some kraut will cover up.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I only buy brats from small plants that make them tons better than some on the open market...  brat patties too generally, but once in awhile from Coburns here..   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm with ya Dotch.. Johnsonville has gone downhill on their quality.
We've been buying Klements, we like them better.

Great dinner Rebs!
I would like to find a good brat patty up here... I remember having them when I was younger. They just don't have them up here.
« Last Edit: June 06/30/18, 08:01:25 AM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Brat patties... can't you just mix some seasoning mix with ground pork? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm with ya Dotch.. Johnsonville has gone downhill on their quantity.
We've been buying Klements, we like them better.

Great dinner Rebs!
I would like to find a good brat patty up here... I remember having them when I was younger. They just don't have them up here.

Johnsonville is garbage!!!  Ambassador brand is better....but still a far cry from "good".
I think it was these I tried last year, HD...they have cheddar and jalepeno, and a few other flavors besides the beer ones. Can find them fresh and frozen in the freezer..they weren't too bad, just pull off grill early or they get kinda dry.

https://www.trigssmokehouse.com/product/point-beer-brat-patties/
« Last Edit: June 06/29/18, 08:50:42 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Brat patties... can't you just mix some seasoning mix with ground pork?

I 'spose....but then it's the trial and error thing. And what seasonings....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Brat seasoning, silly!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/bratwurst-sausage-seasoning/c-24/p-600/pd-s
https://www.penzeys.com/shop/recipes/homemade-bratwurst-patties/
3 lbs. ground pork
3 TB. BRATWURST SAUSAGE SEASONING
1/2 Cup minced onion (1 small onion) optional
3/4 Cups water

Directions

Place the pork, BRATWURST SAUSAGE SEASONING, and onion in a bowl. Add 3/4 cup water. Mash with a hand potato masher or stir vigorously with a large fork for at least a minute. This will help hold the patties together during cooking. To make a consistent 4-5 oz. patty, place about 18" of plastic wrap on the counter and use a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop or measuring cup to scoop up some sausage. Pat gently into shape. To help prevent sticking on the grill, place the patties in a single layer on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer for 20 or 30 minutes. You can also store them in the freezer individually wrapped. Pan-fry or grill the patties over medium heat until browned and cooked through, about ten minutes, 15 if they are more than a little frozen.

Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 9 brat patties

Bratwurst Sausage Seasoning

The sausage that made Milwaukee famous.

Hand-mixed from: salt, white pepper, mustard, nutmeg and onion.
« Last Edit: June 06/29/18, 09:02:30 PM by delcecchi »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Might be worth a try there, Delmar. I should dig around for my Penzey's catalog/brochure...
I really think I'm gonna try the egg and cheese on one on toast for a bfast McReb... :tongue:
« Last Edit: June 06/29/18, 09:05:34 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Today burgers, Sunday steak, Monday Ribs, Tuesday chicken, Wednesday Brats, Thursday Fish, Friday whatever is left in the fridge after a week at the lake.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn better run out and get a few hundred cases of katchup fast...... :shocked:  :rotflmao:

Trade war looms as Canada announces billions in retaliatory tariffs against U.S.

TORONTO — Canada announced billions of dollars in retaliatory tariffs against the U.S. on Friday in a tit-for-tat response to the Trump administration's duties on Canadian steel and aluminum.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government released the final list of items that will be targeted beginning July 1. Some items will be subject to taxes of 10 or 25 percent.

Trudeau and President Donald Trump spoke late Friday, in what may have been their first direct conversation since Trump tweeted that Trudeau was "weak" and "dishonest" after leaving the G-7 meetings in Quebec earlier this month.

"As he has said in past conversations and in public, the Prime Minister conveyed that Canada has had no choice but to announce reciprocal countermeasures to the steel and aluminum tariffs that the United States imposed on June 1, 2018," Trudeau's office said in a statement.

The taxes on items including ketchup, lawn mowers and motor boats amount to $12.6 billion.

"We will not escalate and we will not back down," Canadian Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland said.

Freeland said they had no other choice and called the tariffs regrettable.
« Last Edit: June 06/30/18, 12:38:56 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :angry2: :angry2: :tut: :banghead: training-087 :taz: :taz: :taz: OK NOW there messin with serious stuff here. :confused: :pouty: :pouty: :doofus:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Better plant a 1000 'mater plants, quick!  :shocked:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn uses imported catsup?   Or he buys it in Canuckistan?   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wouldn't imagine, and I don't either. Put down that wine-cooled hookah, Delmar, and reread "Tariffs 101" ...:rolleyes:

Which goods are included on that list?

Yogurt, coffee, prepared meals like frozen pizza and dinners, detergent, whiskies, beer, lawnmowers, heaters, sleeping bags, mattresses, and a range of office supplies including felt-tip pens.

Also on the list of 10 per cent or more tariffs are non-household dishwashing machines, combined fridge-freezers, household laundry machines, sailboats, motorboats, chocolate, maple syrup, licorice, toffee, nut butters, jams, orange juice, cucumbers and gherkins, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, flavoured water, shaving products, hair lacquers, manicure and pedicure products, and soups.

WATCH FOR: Peanut butter tariff: EU threatens one in response to proposed U.S. steel, aluminum duties

All those tariffs will work by imposing a levy on manufacturers when they ship their goods north of the border and in turn, those companies will pass on those costs to consumers.
« Last Edit: June 06/30/18, 07:41:30 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Trumpty-Dumpty should read it, too. Dumb azz. We tax them. They tax us back. Makes lotsa sense to me. :angry:
« Last Edit: June 06/30/18, 07:54:27 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Trumpty-Dumpty should read it, too. Dumb azz. We tax them. They tax us back. Makes lotsa sense to me. :angry:
I agree. Now if you only knew about catching sunfish.  :rotflmao: :oops1: :offtopic: :rotflmao: live ya man. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Del, I try and buy as much American made union stuff I can. Maybe you should try it sometime.

Maybe you should try it sometime. I care about American products and jobs.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
The Canadians putting a tariff on Catsup/Ketchup increases the price of it in Canada.    The tariffs on whatever they are on like maybe paper or softwood lumber or maple syrup that we import from Canada increases the price in USA.  Therefore, Glenn's American made Union products become more competitive or perhaps just more profitable.

At least that is the way I learned it back in the day.   

Or, they subsidize exports to the US.  We let them.   The American companies and their union workers can't compete and go broke or stop producing that product in the US.  Sounds like a plan that is good for some and bad for those American Union factory workers that used to make furniture or washing machines or steel.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Canadians putting a tariff on Catsup/Ketchup increases the price of it in Canada.    The tariffs on whatever they are on like maybe paper or softwood lumber or maple syrup that we import from Canada increases the price in USA.  Therefore, Glenn's American made Union products become more competitive or perhaps just more profitable.

At least that is the way I learned it back in the day.   

Or, they subsidize exports to the US.  We let them.   The American companies and their union workers can't compete and go broke or stop producing that product in the US.  Sounds like a plan that is good for some and bad for those American Union factory workers that used to make furniture or washing machines or steel.

Readjust yer googles and read AGAIN from US News and Report:

All those tariffs will work by imposing a levy on manufacturers when they ship their goods north of the border and in turn, those companies will pass on those costs to consumers.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
North of the border is Canada for rhe tariffs we were talking aboot.  The price to costumers goes up in Canada, just like the price of steel and aluminum will go up in the USA due to our tariffs.

Yeah, we are putting tariffs on some stuff from Mexico, but not Glenn sauce.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

OK. Whatever. It's just fake news.   :banghead: