Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900536 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good in theory del except women have this strange affinity for all things cute and woolly. Suddenly yer doin' chores, tossin' feed bags, shovelin' screenings, balin' hay, beddin' pens, haulin' chit and they're nowhere to be found!   :bonk:
And here I thought you were the one running and hiding......

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I don't need any baaaaing, pooping sheep trampling my yard! Got enough other issues goin' on!
« Last Edit: September 09/13/18, 04:26:24 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good in theory del except women have this strange affinity for all things cute and woolly. Suddenly yer doin' chores, tossin' feed bags, shovelin' screenings, balin' hay, beddin' pens, haulin' chit and they're nowhere to be found!   :bonk:
And here I thought you were the one running and hiding......

I'm in no danger in the barn or around the livestock. That's work and Mrs. Cheviot wants no part of that, just the fun stuff. It's only when I grill I have to be on my guard which is quite often... :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Alright dammit, let's grill you mofo's!  :rotflmao:

T bone to celebrate getting hay cut, raked, baled and stacked while narrowly averting a crisis loading up a potentially nasty ram. Dumb chit ran right into the trailer so we quick slammed the endgate on his sorry @ss!  :rotflmao: He should be thanking his lucky stars with his newly found harem of 32 ladies to service by Thanksgiving. While it's a lot of neighbor ladies, I think even Reb could handle that.  :sleazy:

T bone grilled 5 minutes on a side direct, medium, applewood in the smoker boxes. Salad w/cukes traded for green beans along with yellow pear 'maters from our meager gardening effort. And for dessert, 'nanners, ice cream and chocolate syrup. Listening to Dylan & Neil Young while channeling my inner Elvis, craving a peanut butter and 'nanner sammich... :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man does that look good.  I may have to grill a T-bone tonight.  Thanks for the idea.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had a Hormal mesquite flavored pork loin that was bothering me so grilled it last nite. Add a few homegrown 'maters & some fresh cukes from some friends and I'm happy.  :happy1: Oh yeah, was out of tonic water so had to drink beer... :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin' good! Those are a tad too salty for me, but pretty tasty little devils, and easy to whip up! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
beer that's funny!!!  good lookin meal!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer kinda funny after beer, too!  :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer kinda funny after beer, too!  :rotflmao:

you settle down ya ol rascal!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You two behave or I'll hafta take ya both out to the woodshed... :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Dotch, would you please send me to bed with one or three of those gals in the I think I should go fishing thread!! :rotflmao: :sleazy: :smoking:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, would you please send me to bed with one or three of those gals in the I think I should go fishing thread!! :rotflmao: :sleazy: :smoking:

Sure, why not? Blue does seems to be their color... :rotflmao:

Found some tonic water!  :happy1: Unfortunately the mosquitoes were so nasty I pounded them into submission with some maple smoke, much as Mrs. Cheviot tries to force me into submission. She is still gone however and as they say, while the cat is away, the mice will play!  :angel: Morgans raw brats, maple in the smoker boxes, direct a couple minutes on each side, then indirect 10 minutes on each side. Also found some kraut so any man don't wanna get killed better clear on out the back!  :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: September 09/18/18, 10:57:41 PM by Dotch »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is on the tomatoes?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So what is on the tomatoes?
i was gonna ask that to but, wit dotch, i was afraid of the answer!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not mayo. That stuff has no flavor, it's just white sandwich grease!  :puke:

It's Miracle Whip. Didn't remember to buy any cottage cheese or cole slaw so had to go with that.  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The tangy zip of Miracle Whip! Not for 'maters, though! Salt only!!! Next thing you'll be drizzling 1000 island on 'em..............  ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The tangy zip of Miracle Whip! Not for 'maters, though! Salt only!!! Next thing you'll be drizzling 1000 island on 'em..............  ;)

:rotflmao: Or Rusky dressing... :rotflmao: They used to put sugar on them when we'd have them for the school lunch program.
Mayonnaise on a BLT? Could just as well get a tube of grease out. It would taste the same! A BLT w/o Miracle Whip doesn't cut it here. Spin Blend ain't bad either but don't know if that's even still available or not. Haven't seen it at the local grocery store for a while. Maybe the next time I stop at Sly Vee I'll have to look for it.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, on a BLT, but not a naked 'mater! Dat's like puttin' katchup on steak!  :puke: 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just think of it as a BLT w/o the lettuce, bacon and bread... :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Not mayo. That stuff has no flavor, it's just white sandwich grease!  :puke:

It's Miracle Whip. Didn't remember to buy any cottage cheese or cole slaw so had to go with that.  :happy1:

miracle whip for me too!!!!!   better taste all the way!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw Spin Blend in a grocery store a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't even know they still made it.  Almost bought some, I should have.  We use Hellmans mayo and Miracle Whip at our house.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
only salt and occasionally a dash of pepper on maters for me...my wife puts sugar on them!!!!! :puke: :puke:

:scratch: spin blend????................er never mind!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09/19/18, 11:35:14 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mikey has ta use spin blend with the pods.... :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Piggy Chops, tator tots.....and Rebs favorite......green beans!

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 looks good HD. no pictures but pretty simple here...…...wife cooked. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ravilo's over jar sqetti sauce. I spiced er up with parmesan cheese and crushed red peppers!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking beans HD.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey HD, i'd assume those beans are from your garden, so do you plant different color beans. do they taste the same, same texture????

or should I ask the green bean expert...…………..REB!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: