Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900586 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Me? I'm not part of this.  Gonna do a reverse sear rib roast tomorrow, but nothing today.

Reverse sear? Ya mean ya flamethrow it, then uncook it?  :confused:
« Last Edit: December 12/24/18, 12:43:44 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh! Never seen 'em in a pot before!  :smiley:

2nd that and how????  only had them back in the potato skin..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Grilled lamb chops for Christmas dinner as promised. Marinated ~24 hrs. in apple juice, soy sauce, a dab of pineapple/mango sauce, curry powder with a touch of garlic salt. Seared 3 - 4 minutes a side direct then 20 - 25 minutes indirect with apple wood in the smoker boxes. Also put some of the marinade in the drip pan to help keep the meat as moist as possible. Since someone other than me wants things well done all the time, needed to keep it from drying out. Result was great, done but still very moist, catching just enough smoke so it added to the flavor but not so much it tasted like it was fished out of a trash fire. No ketchup needed!  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
dang nabit…..ma and myself had sirloin steak on da grill, baked taters coleslaw and beans for Christmas nite supper. had 1/2 it woofed down before I thunk of a picture.
 youz guyz just gotta take my word on it!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had clam chowder! Oysters are too spendy for the traditional oyster stew.... :angry:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I had clam chowder! Oysters are too spendy for the traditional oyster stew.... :angry:
Campbell's??? :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
As a matter of fact, it was! First canned soup I've ever  bought that wasn't a cream of mushroom or for cooking! Not too bad...with a lot of crackers in it! Told ya I was having gruel!  :bonk:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well my smoked prime rib and taters were darn good!!  wild rice on the side, hand harvested too!!  only the best!!  also had some chile lime flavored shrimp kabobs which were very good, a touch spicy but darn good for a snack!!  along with cheese crackers and some good venison sausage.. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And i had gruel.... :rolleyes:  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I have a tub of my bean and ham soup thawing out for tomorrow.....freezer is overflowing with my frozen soups. Gotta start eatin' 'em!  :tongue:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
watch the gas blow back!!!

or blow out!!!  will be more likely!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, and no green light to check!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Them chops are looking dynamite Dotch!!  Great job on the on the taters n prime ribola Mike and that can o soup on da grill reb would sure to please. Good thing you guys are in good shape cuz after serving up that stuff you need to run fer cover  for sure from da ladies. Me on the other hand , I'm whipping up cheese burglars n fries tonight to get ready for da storm. Since I ain't in shape I'll try the play dead card..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a couple chipotle/Monterey jack brats....really good, but wow! What a bite to 'em! Also had a cole slaw salad....I like my salads crunchy, and not runny,  so I buy the classic cole slaw mix, add some purple onion strips, and just pour Jimmy's Coleslaw dressing on it like regular dressing and eat. Anyone else do that?

These brats are good..... :tongue:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I was way off, bacon cheese burglars and waffle fries in the oven. Trying really hard to put on the winter coat!!  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin' good dere! Was thinking about pulling the grill out tonite...but not for 2 brats.  :rolleyes:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Them chops are looking dynamite Dotch!!  Great job on the on the taters n prime ribola Mike and that can o soup on da grill reb would sure to please. Good thing you guys are in good shape cuz after serving up that stuff you need to run fer cover  for sure from da ladies. Me on the other hand , I'm whipping up cheese burglars n fries tonight to get ready for da storm. Since I ain't in shape I'll try the play dead card..

you be right she was a thinking about the chase till I said desert time!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

you be right she was a thinking about the chase till I said desert time!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
awe geez...………………….. :bonk: :bonk: :doah: :banghead: :banghead: :doofus: :tut: :tut:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya OK Lover boy!!   :sleazy: :sleazy:  I hope she brought her shovel and knows how to use it whilst you are having coffee in the morning.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure a lot of fantasizing on this thread..... :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Mike as you are having coffee and starting breakfast and she is out shoveling you can tell how much she likes you.  She may smile and wave to you as she gets started with the sidewalk.  BUT you know she really likes you if she is still smiling and waving as she is about done with the driveway.   :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh boys all I can say that was last night!!  tonight she be home!!!!  so coffee alone for me, oh wait I don't drink it any more!!!   :rotflmao:

just hope she has a good safe drive to work in the morning!! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What's is this? Poopsie's Love Advice Corner?!  :scratch: :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

and from you!!??!!  nice!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 Remember to twiddle yer fingers and blow kisses!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :rotflmao:  What happened to the grilled burgers??!!
« Last Edit: December 12/26/18, 08:11:16 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep and pretty soon Mikey won't have time for us anymore. We'll be has beens! :pouty: :thumbs: :rotflmao: or she'll say no more internet! :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

and from you!!??!!  nice!!!

It's all good, Mikey! We're behind ya, and ya know it! I just be funnin' ya!!!  :surrender:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And ya know ya can always count on us here for "solid" advice... :happy1: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)