Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 901232 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I made wings the other day again using Reb's glaze but added hot pepper flakes to the glaze.  Damn good!!  Using my German brain I put the wings on a wooden skewer this time.  Flip some over instead of each one at a time.  Next time I'm using a metal skewer though.  good luck.

Alright!!!! R & R hot glaze on chicky sticks!!! A new taste treat for the State Fair!!!   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
BBQ chicky legs with Reb's Rub, my 'cukes in sauce, egg/chive tater salad, green tops, fresh grape 'maters. And for dessert....didn't have a bowl with hold-down handles like Dotch, so I had to go for a Heath Bar on a stick....*urp*    :tongue:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/04/19, 05:49:55 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks really good Reb.  You do real good for a single guy.  Lot of single guy's eat out as far as I know [the guy's I know].  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, RH. Not me. Never eat out.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Unless I'm in town!!  :tongue: Nuttin special this away,  couple different brats and hot diggity dogs, paired with watermelon,  cantaloupe and some sorta salad.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unless I'm in town!!  :tongue: Nuttin special this away,  couple different brats and hot diggity dogs, paired with watermelon,  cantaloupe and some sorta salad.

That's right, Boober!    .... "some sorta salad." LOL  Either the brewski's were going down good, or ya didn't see Mama make it!! :rotflmao:  Brats and doggies and wammermelons is what yer supposed to have on the 4th.... :USA:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well there's no doubt, between RH, Reb & Boober they can sling hash with the best of them.  :happy1: And Reb them handles on the ice cream dish are there for when you've lost count on the G&T's so you can get a grip!  :bonk:

Got the lamb done & it was a hit. Marinated about 18 hours in pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic salt & curry powder. Amazing how much of the juice the legs sucked up in the process. Grilled indirect, apple wood in the smoker boxes & some of the marinade put in the drip pan to keep things extra moist. Went about 1 1/2 hours and came out a beautiful medium. Sorta cubed it up and placed in the crock pot, used a light dose of Cookies BBQ sauce so as not to overpower the flavor from the grilling. I came home to do chores now I need to clean up and head back to the lake before it's all gone.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man, that sounds good!   :happy1:  I expect to see pics of Ruby with a star-spangled hat on later..... ;)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice work Dotch!! I need to aks for a rotisserie thing a ma jing fer x-mas!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
did pepper cheese brats and taters on the grill, good stuff!!!  I miss my rotisserie!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
did pepper cheese brats and taters on the grill, good stuff!!!  I miss my rotisserie!!!

Maybe you can get Glenn's....his weenies and WF 'sketti kept falling off of it.....  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Maybe you can get Glenn's....his weenies and WF 'sketti kept falling off of it.....  :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

we had pork steaks on da grill grillin beans and the san fransico treet............rice-a-aroni!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Alright then!!!!!!!!              :applause:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Very nice work Dotch!! I need to aks for a rotisserie thing a ma jing fer x-mas!! :happy1:

Thanky Boober! I only use the thing when Mrs. Cheviot isn't around. No telling what kind perverse abuse might be in store for me otherwise!  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never had a grill with a rotisserie but think they look like a lot of fun.  Chicken or a roast would be fun to cook on one. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have never had a grill with a rotisserie but think they look like a lot of fun.  Chicken or a roast would be fun to cook on one.

they work darn good!!!!   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
When folks started doing grillin' in the 60's, they were all the rage! Remember the "hooded" grills with the rotisserie? We had one....you'd raise or lower the grate bove the coals by the handle that fit into 3 or4 different notches for height above charcoal.

« Last Edit: July 07/05/19, 03:06:39 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup those were cool as heck I thought.  Dad didn't think we needed one.  That was early in the grill in the back yard era. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure tipped over easy, though. Don't ask me how I know.  Didn't know my Dad could catch me so fast.   🏃‍♂️      :sad:
« Last Edit: July 07/05/19, 04:59:50 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Ya they were pretty flimsy.  When I was in Cub Scouts the Den Mother was a widow with two young boys my age.  She had a Weber.  We thought that was the ugliest grill we had ever seen.  That must have been 63 or 64???   Now look at the them.  Should have invested in them.  The grill idea was a by product to what they were originally doing with the sphere they were making.  Can't remember what the real deal was. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We had one without any enclosure on it. Prone to wind issues and as they say, you could fart and it'd blow over. Dad had one he won as a door prize one time. Grill was kinda rectangular shaped and had cover that opened and closed. Also had a rotisserie that came with it. Was the cat's @ss in its day. Still at the farm yet. I may have to salvage it and grill with it for memories sake.

Barry I knew they were an offshoot of something they were manufacturing but couldn't recall what. Got my 1st Weber in '81. Guy got it as a wedding present. Didn't want it, never used it. Gave him $20 for it.

https://www.weber.com/IN/en/the-history-of-weber/nav60.html

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Outdoor cooking and entertaining was big in the early 60's...I have quite a few cookbooks on that, since I collect cookbooks. Backyard BBQ's were the rage. Here's one of 'em...
Structo Corp., the same one that made all the metal toy cars and trucks, also made a lot of different grills in the 60's...

« Last Edit: July 07/05/19, 09:10:24 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch is right, the idea came from a guy who was making buoys for navigation..  and as Paul would say that's the rest of the story!!!  yup our Dad's should have invested in them!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
When we do chicken it's usually on the rotisserie & on the Weber.  :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That green one is beautiful.  Yes Dotch I remember how flimsy they were too.  If you bumped it you may tip the whole thing over.  They didn't last long neither.  The cheap round ones that is.  I think we got a new one every year or two at the most.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, my new gas grill is adapted for a rotissary.  Just have to take the top warming rack off and put it on.  I think you can get a good one for around 50 bucks.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Or, hang yer cordless drill on the side with a spit stuck in it... :rotflmao:

https://youtu.be/u6LKx5vH__U
« Last Edit: July 07/06/19, 09:42:40 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that bird is going to be dissy!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's Red Green's grandson.  I took a rod building class and we used rotisserie motors that the guy bought up at garage sales.  You can then dab on the epoxy and let it spin for an hour until the epoxy dries.  Then it stays nice and smooth.