Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900188 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'll alert CSFD.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: hey i'm not like crankshaft in the funnies!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sirloin steak I grilled and had with eggs a while back was so good I did that again today!!!  perfect steak and eggs with english muffin bread toast!!!   and again only oiled and with some cracked pepper and course sea salt!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm trying to decide on burgers or a ribeye on the grill tonight.  You may have just swayed my opinion Mike..   :sleazy:  Thank you sir. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
that sirloin steak I grilled and had with eggs a while back was so good I did that again today!!!  perfect steak and eggs with english muffin bread toast!!!   and again only oiled and with some cracked pepper and course sea salt!!!

The only way to make a med-rare steak! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a good steak is hard to beat!!!  I have been getting my steaks at Aldi's too!!! darn good selection of quality cut meats!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I might haveta wander into ours again sometime...the one I was in had very little of anything. Very small store. We've lost sooo many good places here..... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 08/04/19, 12:45:01 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm trying to decide on burgers or a ribeye on the grill tonight.  You may have just swayed my opinion Mike..   :sleazy:  Thank you sir. :happy1:

I is havin' bacon-cheddar brat patties!  :rolleyes:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I might haveta wander into ours again sometime...the one I was in had very little of anything. Very small store. We've lost sooo many good places here..... :rolleyes:

they are a good store!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just went to their local website...you haveta bring yer own bags, and pay rent for the cart, that is returned when ya make a purchase?! WTH??!?!?!? I use it to help walk......NOT!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The wife likes going to Aldi's....not for me!
Ours is so narrow, you can hardly get a cart though it.
And it opens up way to late.... I'm done shopping by then.

I'll pay more at Cub, but at least I can shop 24/7
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Aldi's has it's purpose for certain folks in my opinion.  My mom who is 92 shops there.  Small store [for a grocery store], good prices and just right for single folks and couples in my opinion.  Good quality produce that I have seen and low prices.  Cereal is another item which has great prices.  The meat is choice and the prices are reasonable.  The steaks are vacume packed and trimed well.  I have a friend also who goes there, but she goes there for produce and cereal only.  Meat from Cubs and the rest from Costco.  So Aldi is for some folks while other stores with larger supplies to choose from is for the rest.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I had to see for myself. Went to the new one by me (I'd only been to the one on the other end of town) Place was packed with Sunday shoppers! Soooo....I wandered around for awhile and really checked things out. Did  Prices. How the meat looked.  Variety. Deli area. Veggies.  Didn't check frozen foods, that was a crowd in that area. My impression? Heck ya!!!  :happy1: Wow, great prices! Great lookin' chicky...thighs, legs, cut up. Cheap! Steaks? Wow! Great prices, and all the stuff RH said. They had all the deli salads I eat, too, way cheap! Tater salad, mac salad, etc. They had these HUGE 16" pizza's for $4.99! And cheese...the 8 oz blocks I pay $2.59 for at Walfart is  $1.89 there..mild cheddar, sharp, colby, muenster...  :shocked: Wide aisles, no Bovine stoppages there! Clean, neat, well stocked...And as mentioned, it does look like a perfect spot for single or older folk, 'cuz it's where I'm going for groceries next week! Thanks, guys!  And Mikey...... :bow:

PS....the carts are only a quarter... :laugh:

That wraps up Reb's Sunday shopping report.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/04/19, 02:21:07 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and the pizza is darn good!!!!  way to go Reb!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We it looks like there will be one isle bovine in Aldies next week. :mooning: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Oh Lord I couldn't help myself. :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :super smiley:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Aldi's is ok....but, ours has stuff randomly, you find something you like....and then they don't have it no more....2 months later....they have it again....

I'm not sure if they are all that way, but even the wife has complained about that.

I'm a guy, I don't have the time or need the hassle.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like Walfart! But, I gotta shop if I wanna eat.........and I wanna eat!   :tongue:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We it looks like there will be one isle bovine in Aldies next week. :mooning: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Oh Lord I couldn't help myself. :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :super smiley:

Don't you haveta go scorch the hell outta some corn or something?!      :mooning:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Reb, I'm going to shop there more also.  I like good produce especially.  Saving some money is a good thing.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Problem is for a #1 city of 126,000 people, we need more big grocer stores besides Sly-Vee and Walfart. This town has never liked any competition in any form. We simply need more variety for a town this size. O, I guess we do have a new Fresh Thyme store, but that's not really a go-to grocery. Everything here has to be glitzy and a specialty place. I miss Econo and Rainbow Foods....and Fareway. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 08/04/19, 04:14:48 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you are right on some of of the things about Aldi's HD, but I guess I have learned what to expect and get there..  but there again I'm in no hurry to shop anymore like I used to rush...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Aldi's is ok....but, ours has stuff randomly, you find something you like....and then they don't have it no more....2 months later....they have it again....

I'm not sure if they are all that way, but even the wife has complained about that.

Haven't had the pleasure of shopping at an Aldi's but may check out the one in Owatonna. A little leery as it's a small store but I could use a better selection of produce than what we get locally. I don't want my local grocery store to go down though. It's a 17 mile drive one way to Aldi's in Owatonna. I'm in Bugtussle every weekday. If you watch the sales and buy store brands it's competitive. And we also have the local meat market that while not cheap, needs to be patronized. I keep my freezer stocked with our lamb thanks to them and don't want to change locker plants again either. People keep wanting to sell me a 1/4 - 1/2 a beef thru there too so might have to break down and buy another freezer.  :scratch:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
entertain more company and you won't need another freezer!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
entertain more company and you won't need another freezer!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea what he said ya right azz!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Door's always open and gin is always plentiful, ya clowns!  :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do we all get swizzle sticks and plates with compartments?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Haven't had the pleasure of shopping at an Aldi's but may check out the one in Owatonna. A little leery as it's a small store but I could use a better selection of produce than what we get locally. I don't want my local grocery store to go down though. It's a 17 mile drive one way to Aldi's in Owatonna. I'm in Bugtussle every weekday. If you watch the sales and buy store brands it's competitive. And we also have the local meat market that while not cheap, needs to be patronized. I keep my freezer stocked with our lamb thanks to them and don't want to change locker plants again either. People keep wanting to sell me a 1/4 - 1/2 a beef thru there too so might have to break down and buy another freezer.  :scratch:   
Been in a few Aldi's from Cedar Falls, Ia to Mason City, Austin, & GR from what I 've seen the newer stores are a lot roomier than the older 1's. We're a lot like Mikey in we're not in a hurry & lookin to save some $ on the things we like. We get our coffee(~$5) for big can, produce, hard to beat their pizza( we doctor it up some usually), cheese, cereal, some steaks, ribs occasionally, chicken thighs, & all our milk there( just a bit >$2/gallon last week) :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/04/19, 05:29:23 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry gents, but a lite meal tonight. Marinated pork chops, more sliced zookini and dels fav bacon wrapped asparagus..Barely enough for leftovers tomorrow.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
where did ya get that good looking asparagus??? :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great Bob

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He's too winded to answer after Mrs. Boober put the moves on him following that feast!  :happy1: