Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900304 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
medium rare top sirloin on the grill for lunch.. along with a baked tater and lettuce salad...  :happy1:

With sour cream and chives on the tater?  :tongue:  Hey, I bet Glenn hates that, too....... ;)

naw, just butter with salt and pepper!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
speeding up lines to only try to increase production is a damn saftey issue.............. good for them !!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Goes way back to "The Jungle" days.....ask Mr. Sinclair.  They did that at Rochester Meats, too.  :sad:
« Last Edit: October 10/07/19, 04:10:44 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
he wouldn't eat half of them, cause he won't like this or that!!!!   :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: i took a good look.........all is edible!!!!!!! cept never had little bo peep!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You don't have to eat little bo peep, although I didn't know that p***y was on your list.   Would the keeper of the list please add it?   :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ding dong bell pussy's in the well.   Wait, now look what you've done, Delmar.    :rotflmao:

We best get back to chillin' and grillin'.  ;)

I just had some chicken apple brats and mac salad..... :tongue:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/07/19, 04:34:33 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wonder if he puts "kat-chup" on that too?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Those danged unions...messin' with piggers now!!!  :tut:

https://kttc.com/news/minnesota-news/2019/10/07/unions-sue-usda-seeking-to-halt-new-pork-processing-rules/
speeding up lines to only try to increase production is a damn saftey issue.............. good for them !!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

the plants have been trying this for years I hope that it never happens!!!  it is a safety issue 100%  they are running the hogs by ya at over 1000 an hour already....  it's nuts..,.. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
One every 3 seconds?   Far out.
What are you supposed to do in 3 seconds? 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
One every 3 seconds?   Far out.
What are you supposed to do in 3 seconds?

if ya think I'm not saying the truth look up the line speeds in the various critter plants............  under the USDA PLANTS...    porcine, bovine, etc!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Not saying it's not true, just expressing my astonishment....  So what are they supposed to do in 3 seconds?  Make 1 cut? 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
depends on their work station...   could be several cuts or no cuts at all...   
« Last Edit: October 10/09/19, 07:14:38 AM by mike89 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Each person does one small task, just like in an auto plant.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
depends on their work station...   could be several cuts or no cuts at all...   
Dad NEVER liked the kill line at Hormel either & he retired in '84. Nasty work conditions & he didn't trust that many of his co-workers with knives  :tut: when things were movin that fast.  :crazy: Boning hams, Cure 81's, was better money, cleaner & easier for him.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya Gunner!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Always dangerous! I saw one of our guys slip on the boning line and stab himself right in the gut. A very experienced meat-cutter, too.  :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i've hear several times in the past the gold-n-pump chicken place here in town has turned up the speed a few times..........but no union to fight it!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there's a union but it got kicked by management so badly that folks just don't try and besides that come out of Washington and the folks wee vote into office..............

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had to squeeze in one more grilling event last nite before the wheels came off in the cart in the weather dept. When I went into the meat market the other day Dean told me I had to try these new egg roll brats so he gave me a free pack. Didn't have any oriental mustard so had to improvise. A little horseradish, Swiss, soy sauce, honey mustard & I was set.  I still have a Wagyu ribeye Dean gave me to grill one of these days. Lately it seems I'm strung out on eastern intrigue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF4xFgNgwBo

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so how was the brat??  sounds good actually!! 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That's interesting.  Never heard of that flavor of a brat.  I like egg rolls so could be a winner.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Very tasty! Kinda like having an egg roll without the outer shell inside of a sausage casing. Was a little skeptical at first but after I heard Mrs. Cheviot say she liked hers I had to check it out. As I said the only thing I wish I had was some Oriental mustard with some firepower. Had the opportunity to work with guys who grew it in ND when I lived there. Locals used to make some homemade stuff. Nasty! Not exactly in demand with Bugtussle's Norwegian and Swedish palates tho so I'll likely have to look in a little more populous areas for that.  :confused:   
« Last Edit: October 10/10/19, 03:28:36 PM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
might have to have have ya ship me some this winter... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had some Oriental Mustard today at the Chinese Joint.  I do every time.  But I never eat it all.  Man that stuff has some kick to it.  But I always have to try it again....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Clears the sinus. Might be another item for "The LIST".  :whistling:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife won't even try the stuff.  I did tell her today I can't put too much on or it makes me want to cough.  LOL   Yes and clear the sinus's.  I remember when we were kids my Mom got a bottle of Nancy's Hot Mustard I think is what it was called.  About the same yellow stuff.  Lasted for years even though we kept trying little dabs of it on hot dogs and hamburgers.  Whenever anyone came over to eat we always said "hey try some of this"  LOL 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love the stuff slathered on egg rolls....Hey! If ya want some good at- home egg rolls, try these, just pop in yer toaster oven for 20 mns or so, then slather in Chinee mustard. They have shrimp, pork, (My favorite) chicken....

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

That could be arranged. Hopefully I don't get it mixed up with one of glenn's mailings... :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

That could be arranged. Hopefully I don't get it mixed up with one of glenn's mailings... :rotflmao:

dat would be nasty!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Add my name to the list.  ;)